1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 00:18
    If so why all the disagreements among them?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '12 00:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Religions are mechanisms for regulating human behaviour and interaction underpinned by metaphysical conjecture bound up in ceremonies, hierarchies and literature/folklore etc. The disagreements are a manifestation of human nature and groupism. The claims to be "backed and supported by God" - exclusively or otherwise - are simply a function of human nature and groupism. Personally I don't think anyone has received "instructions from God" [the central tenet of almost every religion] so asserting that they are [and others are not] "backed and supported by God" has nothing to do with "God" and everything to do with humans vying with each other to promote their outlook and take heart from questioning the outlook of others.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 May '12 01:09
    Most of them have it wrong or just dont cut the mustard and there fore disagreements ensue.
    They've got their principles and priorities out of whack
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 May '12 01:10
    Are all Christian religions backed and supported by God?

I have yet to see evidence that ANY religions (Christian or otherwise) are backed by a god,
    or that such things as gods actually exist...

Whether or not there is a supernatural, and whether or not there is a god, seem to me to
    be the more relevant questions because until you answer those everything else is pointless
    and meaningless speculation.

You can't possibly Answer the OP's question if you can't even demonstrate that a god exists
    to back and support anything.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 03:08
    So is it beyond reason that God could have one or more religions that he approves or are they all just too far gone? Did he ever have that in the past with any one religion or people?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '12 03:27
    So is it beyond reason that God could have one or more religions that he approves or are they all just too far gone? Did he ever have that in the past with any one religion or people?
    Well the ancient Hebrews wrote a whole slew of books portraying themselves as the the one and only group "backed and supported by God".
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 03:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well the ancient Hebrews wrote a whole slew of books portraying themselves as the the one and only group "backed and supported by God".
    Well were they?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '12 04:24
    Well were they?
    I see no reason to believe what they say they believed about themselves. The Hebrews produced completely Hebrew-centric religious literature and declared it to be endorsed by God. Is there any objective reason for us to subscribe to it?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 May '12 04:24
    I think my problem is G-man is that (we) I see through your line of questioning because your wanting to compare or contrast the JW's against the rest of Christendom . You already know the answer to this question (at least your version) and of course God does not back all religions or Christians. This is not to start up another war against JW's LOL but your line of questioning has an agenda is all. You already know the answer. If this were a sincere question or statement ok fine but it's the agenda is all.

Manny
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 May '12 04:26
    I suggest turning this around from a question begging for "no", to a question begging for yes; just to see what reasoning there is. For example, is the important question that arises from this, "Why all the disagreements between them?"

I suggest, assuming all Christian religions are backed and supported by God, what have we to learn from that fact? What are we to believe is true? How are we to behave?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '12 06:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    I see no reason to believe what they say they believed about themselves. The Hebrews produced completely Hebrew-centric religious literature and declared it to be endorsed by God. Is there any objective reason for us to subscribe to it?
    Even if we did subscribe to it, we are still left out as we are not Jews.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '12 06:12
    Does it necessarily follow that if God backs a Christian or group of Christians then he tells them all his secrets?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 13:33
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think my problem is G-man is that (we) I see through your line of questioning because your wanting to compare or contrast the JW's against the rest of Christendom . You already know the answer to this question (at least your version) and of course God does not back all religions or Christians. This is not to start up another war against JW's LOL but your ...[text shortened]... If this were a sincere question or statement ok fine but it's the agenda is all.

Manny
    Well actually it is an honest question. Believe it or not I am curious to see other thoughts on others viewpoints such as this. OK?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '12 14:29
    No
    Kelly
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 May '12 14:50
    Well actually it is an honest question. Believe it or not I am curious to see other thoughts on others viewpoints such as this. OK?
    Are you thinking about switching groups/sects/denominations/religions ? No I highly doubt it. 🙂 I think every group believes they have the backing of God. I don't believe all paths lead to God however.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree