1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    21 Jul '14 08:23
    I take it Noah was a jew, a member of god's chosen people, right? And if you believe this
    bible book, all people on planet earth are Noah's descendants, well, then we're all part of
    the jewish race (so to speak), right? Right?

    Just when you thought racists couldn't look any dumber. 😵
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 08:25
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I take it Noah was a jew, a member of god's chosen people, right? And if you believe this
    bible book, all people on planet earth are Noah's descendants, well, then we're all part of
    the jewish race (so to speak), right? Right?

    Just when you thought racists couldn't look any dumber. 😵
    Why would you think that Noah was a Jew?
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 08:28
    Originally posted by C Hess
    I take it Noah was a jew, a member of god's chosen people, right? And if you believe this
    bible book, all people on planet earth are Noah's descendants, well, then we're all part of
    the jewish race (so to speak), right? Right?

    Just when you thought racists couldn't look any dumber. 😵
    I'd say you would have to start at Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob! From there
    the 12 tribes came into being.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    21 Jul '14 08:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why would you think that Noah was a Jew?
    Kelly
    Oh noes, my argument stumbled and fell.

    Well, he was the first of the chosen people, clearly. Or did your god choose yet another
    group over the rest later on? You have to forgive me for not keeping up, for your god seem
    a bit fickle.

    Well, in any case, all humans descend from Noah, so we're all of the same people,
    originally, if not jews. Ha! My argument stands up again.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 08:36
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Oh noes, my argument stumbled and fell.

    Well, he was the first of the chosen people, clearly. Or did your god choose yet another
    group over the rest later on? You have to forgive me for not keeping up, for your god seem
    a bit fickle.

    Well, in any case, all humans descend from Noah, so we're all of the same people,
    originally, if not jews. Ha! My argument stands up again.
    Why Noah, why not Adam?
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 08:47
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Oh noes, my argument stumbled and fell.

    Well, he was the first of the chosen people, clearly. Or did your god choose yet another
    group over the rest later on? You have to forgive me for not keeping up, for your god seem
    a bit fickle.

    Well, in any case, all humans descend from Noah, so we're all of the same people,
    originally, if not jews. Ha! My argument stands up again.
    Let me ask you something, do you ask questions like this just so you can
    take cheap shots at my faith?
    Kelly
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Jul '14 09:011 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why Noah, why not Adam?
    Well, according to Hebrew mythology, wasn't every single one of Adam's descendants ~ except for Noah and his immediate family ~ deliberately killed by their God and thus wiped off the face of the earth? If all the ethnic/racial diversity we have on earth now purportedly stems from Noah's sons and them only, surely Noah's genes are a more appropriate benchmark for human ancestry?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 09:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, according to Hebrew mythology, wasn't every single one of Adam's descendants ~ except for Noah and his immediate family ~ deliberately killed by their God and thus wiped off the face of the earth? If all the ethnic/racial diversity we have on earth now purportedly stems from Noah's sons and them only, surely Noah's genes are a more appropriate benchmark for human ancestry?
    It is all the same line isn't it? Noah comes from Adam, so saying you are
    from Noah isn't different than saying you are from Adam with the exception
    you are going back a little bit more.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    40565
    21 Jul '14 09:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Let me ask you something, do you ask questions like this just so you can
    take cheap shots at my faith?
    Kelly
    It was merely a thought that crossed my mind. If anything, I'd say it's aimed at those
    christians who also happen to be racists. But of course, if I see something about your
    religion that doesn't make sense to me, I point it out, not as cheap shots, but sincere
    queries. Your faith should be strong enough to handle it, me thinks.
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Jul '14 10:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It is all the same line isn't it? Noah comes from Adam, so saying you are
    from Noah isn't different than saying you are from Adam with the exception
    you are going back a little bit more.
    No, not really. We have no way of knowing what ethnicities/races supposedly descendant from Adam were deliberately annihilated by the Hebrew God according to the literature about Him, but we do know that people who subscribe to this mythology believe that all current races that exist on earth date back to Noah's sons. Noah seems to be the key seeing as Adam's descendants [along with their developing racial diversity] were completely killed off except for a single family. Presuming Noah's sons were the same race as him, and that Noah was most likely from only one of many different races descendant from Adam [and therefore probably a different race from him], Noah really does seem to be the more pivotal mythological figure when it comes to racial diversity on earth.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    21 Jul '14 10:13
    Originally posted by C Hess
    It was merely a thought that crossed my mind. If anything, I'd say it's aimed at those
    christians who also happen to be racists. But of course, if I see something about your
    religion that doesn't make sense to me, I point it out, not as cheap shots, but sincere
    queries. Your faith should be strong enough to handle it, me thinks.
    It is God's will that all men would be saved. However, man has his will too.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 13:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, not really. We have no way of knowing what ethnicities/races supposedly descendant from Adam were deliberately annihilated by the Hebrew God according to the literature about Him, but we do know that people who subscribe to this mythology believe that all current races that exist on earth date back to Noah's sons. Noah seems to be the key seeing as Adam's de ...[text shortened]... does seem to be the more pivotal mythological figure when it comes to racial diversity on earth.
    If Adam was the first then everyone sprang from him, all races!

    Genesis 7:7
    And Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives entered the ark to escape the waters of the flood.

    Noah was father to some on the boat, but father in law to others, and the
    husband to one. Adam would be the only one that everyone could say they
    were related by blood.
    Kelly
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Jul '14 13:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Noah was father to some on the boat, but father in law to others, and the
    husband to one. Adam would be the only one that everyone could say they
    were related by blood.
    What ethnicities/races were represented among the people on the boat?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148453
    21 Jul '14 15:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    What ethnicities/races were represented among the people on the boat?
    All of them, just as they were all there in Adam.
    Kelly
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Jul '14 15:33
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    All of them, just as they were all there in Adam.
    Were they "all there" in Noah?

    How did Noah or his sons give rise to the Aboriginals of Australia who have been there for 40,000 years. Which of Noah's sons explains their racial identity and their location?
Back to Top