1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 00:52
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I’m referring to what God says in the Bible. You didn’t catch that?
    I did. Calling bull. Started a thread about this, so see you there I guess.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 00:54
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You are only important if you agree with the majority. Importance is a popularity contest.
    No sir. If lets say I were drowning and so need some air, there is no vote involved and yet air would be more important to me than anything else.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 May '18 01:12
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Not everyone sees the Truth. Too many people won’t set aside their pride and all their worldly baggage when going to and reading God’s Word.
    So your personal interpretation of the bible is supreme and all other interpretations are wrong.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    25 May '18 01:151 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    No sir. If lets say I were drowning and so need some air, there is no vote involved and yet air would be more important to me than anything else.
    But if you're not important to the majority, your air wouldn't matter in the greater scheme.

Edit: Along the line of reasoning you replied to.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 01:34
    So your personal interpretation of the bible is supreme and all other interpretations are wrong.
    Did I say that? There is a lot of doctrine I’m uncertain about, but I don’t fault the Bible for that. I fault myself. I believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and if I got deep enough into it, my questions would be answered. I just haven’t done that.

Billy Graham had a crisis of faith concerning the Bible but after much soul searching resolved in his mind to place his full and complete faith and trust in it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '18 01:36
    If that’s the only instance - or even one of the few instances - you can think of where importance is not decided by popularity, I feel sorry for you.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 May '18 15:16
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I was asked if I thought I was important in comparison to the greater scheme of things.

I think that this question was asked with an underlying assumption that things have more or less worth based upon the premise of size or power or quantity.

What say you? Do such factors as size or power or quantity increase or decrease ones importance?
    In cosmological terms, neither one of us is important.

Sorry to break it to you.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 18:03
    I think I broke whodey.

Oops. 🙁
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 18:04
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I think I broke whodey.

Oops. 🙁
    We’re all important to God, Heartpence.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '18 18:331 edit
    In cosmological terms, neither one of us is important.

Sorry to break it to you.
    Cosmological terms? I've never met Mr. Cosmological. Is he a neighbor of yours?

What you mean is, from your perspective all that has happened apart from me is more important than myself. That is YOUR perspective, not Mr. Cosmological's perspective.

What if God created the vast universe that is trillions of years old with the most important goal of created us?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 May '18 18:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Cosmological terms? I've never met Mr. Cosmological. Is he a neighbor of yours?

What you mean is, from your perspective all that has happened apart from me is more important than myself. That is YOUR perspective, not Mr. Cosmological's perspective.

What if God created the vast universe that is trillions of years old with the most important goal of created us?
    "What if God created the vast universe that is trillions of years old with the most important goal of created us?"

Are you open to the idea that He didn't?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '18 20:13
    "What if God created the vast universe that is trillions of years old with the most important goal of created us?"

Are you open to the idea that He didn't?
    Are you open to the idea that He did?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree