1. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 21:51
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    there's an old saying which i just made up...

it's much better to live in the country that gave the world Mickey Mouse that it is to live in a Mickey Mouse country.

Very good, da iawn!
  2. Riding the Atom Bomb
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 22:23
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Very good, da iawn!
    Well this is an all time low. mickey mouse, and God in the same thread.
  3. Meddling with things
    Moves
    12 Jun '05 22:32
    Originally posted by dale21
    Yes, Mickey must be embarassed to be in such implausible company
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 00:26
    Originally posted by dale21
    Low? That's the high point of my day. I mean, after all...they're both the result of peyote-induced visions, no?
  5. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 00:52
    Allegorical foundation myths and history are two different things.

Please try to stop these schoolboy errors.
    Dismissing the whole thing is too easy. Your statement about myths and history being two different things is true, but the distinction must be made more carefully. Where are the real myths coming from in our day? In time, we will in fact find out if I am making the school boy error, or if you are acting out verse 4 of 2 Tim chapter 4

3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
  6. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 00:57
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Dismissing the whole thing is too easy. Your statement about myths and history being two different things is true, but the distinction must be made more carefully. Where are the real myths coming from in our day? In time, we will in fact find out if I am making the school boy error, or if you are acting out verse 4 of 2 Tim chapter 4

3For the time w ...[text shortened]... hing ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
    I detect an interesting interpretation on your part! Am I right?
  7. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 01:03
    I detect an interesting interpretation on your part! Am I right?
    I don't know what you detect buddy? You tell me.
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 02:54
    Originally posted by chinking58
    For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
    Indeed.

"I want this little ego of mine, this precious sphere of consciousness, to last forever. I want to be rewarded for the sacrifices I make, so that they are not really sacrifices. I want those who harm me to be punished. I want to have a purpose given to me, and a path laid out before me, so that I do not have to find a way to imbue my own life with meaning, or deal with the terror of being truly free. I want to be special, I want to be loved, I want to be a child for eternity."

Welcome to your faith.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 02:58
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Indeed.

"I want this little ego of mine, this precious sphere of consciousness, to last forever. I want to be rewarded for the sacrifices I make, so that they are not really sacrifices. I want those who harm me to be punished. I want to have a purpose given to me, and a path laid out before me, so that I do not have to find a way to imbue my own life w ...[text shortened]... o be special, I want to be loved, I want to be a child for eternity."

Welcome to your faith.

Whom are you quoting ?
  10. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 03:02
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Whom are you quoting ?
    Look it up.
  11. England
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 09:38

welome to your faith.[/b]
    your faith?? i just want to go to heaven.
  12. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 09:46
    Originally posted by stoker
    your faith?? i just want to go to heaven.
    I'm sure you do. Alas, heaven is not place.
  13. England
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 09:50
    I'm sure you do. Alas, heaven is not place.
    then in your term what is it???. i think in earthly terms and when the end comes we will see .
  14. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 10:01
    Originally posted by stoker
    then in your term what is it???. i think in earthly terms and when the end comes we will see .
    It is a state of consciousness, as is hell; they are two ways of being in the world.
  15. England
    Moves
    13 Jun '05 11:14
    It is a state of consciousness, as is hell; they are two ways of being in the world.
    yes if you put it that way the spirit is in limbo untill we die then returns to god for judgement, as the phisical body returns to dust, but do not forget its our mortal life which decides were the consciousness goes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree