1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    21 Oct '07 15:23
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    21 Oct '07 15:38
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    If god and heaven exist, which I doubt, I fully expect god to realise that I am and have been a good person. In being so, I would expect god to let me in, regardless of whether or not I acknowledged him during my life. If he chooses not to on such an arbitrary condition as worshipping him, he can stuff his heaven up his cloudy buffered behind.
  3. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8061
    21 Oct '07 15:48
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    Answer: yes, by grace through faith in Christ alone.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    21 Oct '07 16:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    I doubt I will be eligible to go to Heaven, if it really exists.
    Just too much blasphemy and mocking at religions during my lifetime.
    Maybe God has a lousy sense of humor and will let me in.
    Either way, Heaven looks like a really boring place to be for a whole eternity.
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    21 Oct '07 18:11
    Originally posted by Starrman
    If god and heaven exist, which I doubt, I fully expect god to realise that I am and have been a good person. In being so, I would expect god to let me in, regardless of whether or not I acknowledged him during my life. If he chooses not to on such an arbitrary condition as worshipping him, he can stuff his heaven up his cloudy buffered behind.
    That makes me think the question should rather be "Would you want to go to heaven, and under what circumstances?"
  6. Club 64
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    1437
    21 Oct '07 18:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    Can't get into heaven by works...I'm getting in by the grace of God, definitely...
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    21 Oct '07 18:34
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    That makes me think the question should rather be "Would you want to go to heaven, and under what circumstances?"
    Easy.
    No worshiping, no stupid beliefs.
    Heaven should have unlimited supply of women, beer, cognac and football games. And of course, no religious guys. That would be Hell.
  8. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    21 Oct '07 18:51
    Originally posted by serigado
    Easy.
    No worshiping, no stupid beliefs.
    Heaven should have unlimited supply of women, beer, cognac and football games. And of course, no religious guys. That would be Hell.
    And if only your soul goes and not your body, there are all those women but you can't touch them, all that beer and cognac that you can't drink ... But if that's your idea of heaven, go for it! 😉
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    3178
    21 Oct '07 18:56
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    And if only your soul goes and not your body, there are all those women but you can't touch them, all that beer and cognac that you can't drink ... But if that's your idea of heaven, go for it! 😉
    Hmm... never thought of it...
    There must be some temporary bodies in heaven which souls can use for their amusement. Imagine... your girl can incarnate any body temporarily! Imagine the possibilities...
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    21 Oct '07 19:07
    Originally posted by serigado
    Hmm... never thought of it...
    There must be some temporary bodies in heaven which souls can use for their amusement. Imagine... your girl can incarnate any body temporarily! Imagine the possibilities...
    Screw that, I've always said I'm a lesbian in a man's body, I'm incarnating as Adriana Lima.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    21 Oct '07 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    Works are an outward manifestation of an inward faith. So, by grace through faith which inspires
    works, yes, as any good Christian would tell you.

    Nemesio
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    21 Oct '07 20:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    Which is more likely to happen: I will go to heaven or you will post some pics of your wedding which you promised to do?
  13. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20541
    21 Oct '07 20:29
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    Can't get into heaven by works...I'm getting in by the grace of God, definitely...
    Or maybe kissing arse?
  14. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    21 Oct '07 20:371 edit
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Or maybe kissing arse?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    22 Oct '07 00:331 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Either by your own works or by the grace of God?
    From a popular Christian song I will answer by saying,

    "Its not because of what I've done but because of who you are,
    Its not because of who I am but because of what you have done."
Back to Top