What is it?
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 May '10 18:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is it?
    10 letter word beginning with the letter A.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 May '10 18:20
    What is it?
    A terrible movie with Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    02 May '10 18:29
    What is it?
    er.. something to do with gerbils?
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    02 May '10 18:35
    What is it?
    Something like this:

Bringing Hell on Earth, I guess.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '10 20:07
    What is it?
    It is a prophetic Biblical event.

It takes place in the valley of Megiddo.

When Jesus returns at His second coming, Satan will have assembled his forces to do battle with the King of Kings. He loses.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 May '10 20:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    It is a prophetic Biblical event.

It takes place in the valley of Megiddo.

When Jesus returns at His second coming, Satan will have assembled his forces to do battle with the King of Kings. He loses.
    You may as well be prattling on about Xenu and volcanoes. It makes about as much sense.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:08
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You may as well be prattling on about Xenu and volcanoes. It makes about as much sense.
    Simply answering the question.

Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be false. In fact the opposite is true.

None of it makes sense to you, but I wonder how much of anything makes sense to you. Seriously. Does anything about life on earth make any sense?

Please, tell me about something that makes sense. Choose anything you think makes sense and tell me why you think so. I would like to know what you think makes sense.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:15
    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be false. In fact the opposite is true.
    What about these? http://bibleblunders.com/index.html
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:16
    Simply answering the question.

None of it makes sense to you, but I wonder how much of anything makes sense to you. Seriously. Does anything about life on earth make any sense?

Please, tell me about something that makes sense. Choose anything you think makes sense and tell me why you think so. I would like to know what you think makes sense.
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question. It makes sense that gravity causes my pencil to fall to the floor if I push it off the table, but I have no idea if that's what you mean.

By the way, the mustard seed is NOT the smallest of all seeds. We have proof that there are smaller seeds.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:491 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What about these? http://bibleblunders.com/index.html
    Jesus predicted that on his return to earth, "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven." (Mark 13:24-27) He even predicted a deadline for it to happen: "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place." (Mark 13:30) The generation he was speaking to did pass away, but the sun still shines, the stars still twinkle in the night sky, and there have been no heavenly passengers riding in on the clouds. Jesus was wrong.

As with all attempts to find error in the Bible this one fails miserably. I won't waste my time going over one example after another. I chose this one at random. The problem with atheists is that they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to understanding the Bible. Of course, the atheist that authored the garbage in your link suggests that atheists go out and find a bunch of dumb Christian fundamentalists who rarely read their Bibles just to poke fun at the Bible.

"this generation will not pass away..." Did Jesus say when He would return? I suppose Jesus could have said "that generation", and then maybe there wouldn't be a problem, no?

You see, you can read the Bible, but you will never understand it. To understand the truth one must have the Spirit of truth within.

And no matter what I say you will find some way out.
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:51
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/judaism/history/moses_1.shtml#section_3
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:55
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question. It makes sense that gravity causes my pencil to fall to the floor if I push it off the table, but I have no idea if that's what you mean.

By the way, the mustard seed is NOT the smallest of all seeds. We have proof that there are smaller seeds.
    Mark 4:31 - It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

Is this the verse you're referring to?

Where in this verse does it say that the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 May '10 23:57
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/judaism/history/moses_1.shtml#section_3
    I feel sorry for you. Do you worship the Internet?
  15. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    03 May '10 00:071 edit
    I feel sorry for you. Do you worship the Internet?
    Your God disapproves of feeling sorry, you know?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree