1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    02 May '10 17:44
    What is it?
  2. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51560
    02 May '10 18:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is it?
    10 letter word beginning with the letter A.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    02 May '10 18:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is it?
    A terrible movie with Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    02 May '10 18:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is it?
    er.. something to do with gerbils?
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Joined
    14 Oct '06
    Moves
    18375
    02 May '10 18:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is it?
    Something like this:







    Bringing Hell on Earth, I guess.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 20:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What is it?
    It is a prophetic Biblical event.

    It takes place in the valley of Megiddo.

    When Jesus returns at His second coming, Satan will have assembled his forces to do battle with the King of Kings. He loses.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    02 May '10 20:49
    Originally posted by josephw
    It is a prophetic Biblical event.

    It takes place in the valley of Megiddo.

    When Jesus returns at His second coming, Satan will have assembled his forces to do battle with the King of Kings. He loses.
    You may as well be prattling on about Xenu and volcanoes. It makes about as much sense.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 23:08
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You may as well be prattling on about Xenu and volcanoes. It makes about as much sense.
    Simply answering the question.

    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be false. In fact the opposite is true.

    None of it makes sense to you, but I wonder how much of anything makes sense to you. Seriously. Does anything about life on earth make any sense?

    Please, tell me about something that makes sense. Choose anything you think makes sense and tell me why you think so. I would like to know what you think makes sense.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    31382
    02 May '10 23:15
    Originally posted by josephw
    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be false. In fact the opposite is true.
    What about these? http://bibleblunders.com/index.html
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    02 May '10 23:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    Simply answering the question.

    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be false. In fact the opposite is true.

    None of it makes sense to you, but I wonder how much of anything makes sense to you. Seriously. Does anything about life on earth make any sense?

    Please, tell me about something that makes sense. Choose anything you think makes sense and tell me why you think so. I would like to know what you think makes sense.
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question. It makes sense that gravity causes my pencil to fall to the floor if I push it off the table, but I have no idea if that's what you mean.

    By the way, the mustard seed is NOT the smallest of all seeds. We have proof that there are smaller seeds.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 23:491 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What about these? http://bibleblunders.com/index.html
    Jesus predicted that on his return to earth, "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven." (Mark 13:24-27) He even predicted a deadline for it to happen: "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place." (Mark 13:30) The generation he was speaking to did pass away, but the sun still shines, the stars still twinkle in the night sky, and there have been no heavenly passengers riding in on the clouds. Jesus was wrong.



    As with all attempts to find error in the Bible this one fails miserably. I won't waste my time going over one example after another. I chose this one at random. The problem with atheists is that they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to understanding the Bible. Of course, the atheist that authored the garbage in your link suggests that atheists go out and find a bunch of dumb Christian fundamentalists who rarely read their Bibles just to poke fun at the Bible.

    "this generation will not pass away..." Did Jesus say when He would return? I suppose Jesus could have said "that generation", and then maybe there wouldn't be a problem, no?

    You see, you can read the Bible, but you will never understand it. To understand the truth one must have the Spirit of truth within.

    And no matter what I say you will find some way out.
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Joined
    14 Oct '06
    Moves
    18375
    02 May '10 23:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be false. In fact the opposite is true.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/judaism/history/moses_1.shtml#section_3
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 23:55
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'm afraid I don't understand your question. It makes sense that gravity causes my pencil to fall to the floor if I push it off the table, but I have no idea if that's what you mean.

    By the way, the mustard seed is NOT the smallest of all seeds. We have proof that there are smaller seeds.
    Mark 4:31 - It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

    Is this the verse you're referring to?

    Where in this verse does it say that the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds?
  14. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    02 May '10 23:57
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/judaism/history/moses_1.shtml#section_3
    I feel sorry for you. Do you worship the Internet?
  15. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Joined
    14 Oct '06
    Moves
    18375
    03 May '10 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I feel sorry for you. Do you worship the Internet?
    Your God disapproves of feeling sorry, you know?
Back to Top