1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 00:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    Mark 4:31 - It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

Is this the verse you're referring to?

Where in this verse does it say that the mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds?
    Matt. 13:31-32
    Another parable he put before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all seeds...

Mark 4:30-31
    And he said, "With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown upon the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Matt. 13:31-32
    Another parable he put before them, saying, "The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; [b]it is the smallest of all seeds...

Mark 4:30-31
    And he said, "With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown upon the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth[/b]
    Matt. 13:32,33
    Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mark 4:30,31
    And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

Do you see now why I use the King James?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:15
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Your God disapproves of feeling sorry, you know?
    When did you begin speaking for God?
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:16
    When did you begin speaking for God?
    Just ask Saul...
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:29
    Matt. 13:32,33
    Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Mark 4: ...[text shortened]... is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

Do you see now why I use the King James?
    You don't just get to pick the translation you like best. Jesus said something in Aramaic about mustard seeds, which was later translated into Greek and then written down. I don't know any Greek, so I cannot tell you which is the better translation. I doubt it is the King James, though.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:33
    You may as well be prattling on about Xenu and volcanoes. It makes about as much sense.
    Actually, the environmentalists say that global warming causes volcanoes. Just so ya know. Therefore, Armageddon can be directly attributed to carbon emissions.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:35
    Originally posted by whodey
    Actually, the environmentalists say that global warming causes volcanoes. Just so ya know. Therefore, Armageddon can be directly attributed to carbon emissions.
    You may be correct, but not for the reasons you think.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:38
    You may be correct, but not for the reasons you think.
    Yep, in fact, it causes hurricanes as well and earthquakes. There is no doubt about it, Exon is the BEAST referred to in Revelation.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    03 May '10 01:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yep, in fact, it causes hurricanes as well and earthquakes. There is no doubt about it, Exon is the BEAST referred to in Revelation.
    I think the consensus now is that BP is the beast.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 02:07
    You don't just get to pick the translation you like best. Jesus said something in Aramaic about mustard seeds, which was later translated into Greek and then written down. I don't know any Greek, so I cannot tell you which is the better translation. I doubt it is the King James, though.
    Well, the translators of the King James knew Greek probably better than any alive today.

rwingett, I've spent years on this subject. The King James is 100% reliable. All the other translations are chock full of errors. I know. I checked it out.

I know this seems screwy to you. Why should the King James be any better or have any less errors in it than any other translation? Considering the language issues.

There are far too many reasons to go into. But consider this; in order for a publisher to gain a copy right on a book it needs to have at least a 20% change in the words used. How else are they going to make a profit?

There is no copy right on the King James.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '10 04:531 edit
    (Har–Ma‧ged′on) [from Heb., meaning “Mountain of Megiddo”].
    This name is directly associated with “the war of the great day of God the Almighty.” The term applies specifically to the condition, or situation, to which “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” are gathered in opposition to Jehovah and his Kingdom by Jesus Christ. In a number of versions it is rendered “Armageddon.” (Re 16:14, 16, AT; KJ; JB; RS; TEV) The name Har–Magedon, taken from Hebrew, means simply “Mountain of Megiddo.”
    There does not appear to have been a literal place called “Mountain of Megiddo,” either inside or outside the Promised Land, before or during the days of the apostle John, who recorded the vision. Hence, Har–Magedon evidently draws its significance from the events associated with the ancient city of Megiddo.
    Megiddo was situated a few miles SE of Mount Carmel, overlooking and dominating the Plain of Esdraelon (Jezreel) and controlling major N-S and E-W trade and military routes. Joshua first conquered this Canaanite city. (Jos 12:7, 8, 21) Near this site Jabin’s army under command of Sisera was later destroyed. Jehovah there employed natural forces to assist the Israelite army under Barak. The account reads: “Barak went descending from Mount Tabor with ten thousand men behind him. And Jehovah began to throw Sisera and all his war chariots and all the camp into confusion by the edge of the sword before Barak. Finally Sisera got down off the chariot and took to flight on foot. And Barak chased after the war chariots and the camp as far as Harosheth of the nations, so that all the camp of Sisera fell by the edge of the sword. Not as much as one remained.”—Jg 4:14-16.
    After the victory, Barak and the prophetess Deborah broke out in song, which went, in part: “Kings came, they fought; it was then that the kings of Canaan fought in Taanach by the waters of Megiddo. No gain of silver did they take. From heaven did the stars fight, from their orbits they fought against Sisera. The torrent of Kishon washed them away, the torrent of ancient days, the torrent of Kishon. You went treading down strength, O my soul. It was then that the hoofs of horses pawed because of dashings upon dashings of his stallions.”—Jg 5:19-22.
    It was at Megiddo that King Ahaziah of Judah died after he was mortally wounded on orders of Jehu. (2Ki 9:27) There King Josiah of Judah was killed in an encounter with Pharaoh Nechoh. (2Ki 23:29, 30) Because of its commanding position, many other nations, according to secular history, warred around Megiddo. ‘Jews, Gentiles, Saracens, crusaders, Egyptians, Persians, Druses, Turks, and Arabs have all pitched their tents on the plain of Esdraelon.’—Word Studies in the New Testament, by M. R. Vincent, 1957, Vol. II, p. 542.
    The Revelation account depicts the combined forces of the kings of the earth as being gathered “to the place [Gr., form of to′pos] that is called in Hebrew Har–Magedon.” (Re 16:16) In the Bible to′pos may refer to a literal location (Mt 14:13, 15, 35); to one’s opportunity, or “chance” (Ac 25:16); or to a figurative realm, condition, or situation (Re 12:6, 14). In view of the context, it is to a “place” in the last-mentioned sense that earth’s combined military powers are marching.
    “The war of the great day of God the Almighty” at Har–Magedon was not some past event but is depicted in Revelation as future from the time of John’s vision. The gathering of the kings to Har–Magedon is described as being a result of the pouring out of the sixth of the seven bowls containing the “last” plagues that will bring to a finish the anger of God. (Re 15:1; 16:1, 12) Also, indicating that the war at Har–Magedon is closely associated with Christ’s presence is the warning of his coming as a thief, which is placed between verses 14 and 16 of Revelation chapter 16.
    The global aspect of the war is emphasized in the context. There the opponents of Jehovah are identified as “the kings of the entire inhabited earth,” who are mobilized by “expressions inspired by demons.”—Re 16:14.
    Farther on, John says: “And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army.” (Re 19:19) This chapter identifies the leader of the heavenly armies, seated on a white horse, as one who is called “Faithful and True” and “The Word of God.” (Re 19:11-13) Therefore, it is Jesus Christ, The Word, who acts as the commander of God’s heavenly armies. (Joh 1:1; Re 3:14) Further showing that Christ leads the heavenly forces is the statement that the earthly forces “battle with the Lamb [who is Jesus Christ (Joh 1:29)], but, because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those called and chosen and faithful with him will do so.”—Re 17:13, 14.
    Since the vision in Revelation chapter 19 reveals only armies in heaven as participating in the warfare as supporters of Jesus Christ, The Word of God, it indicates that none of Jehovah’s Christian servants on earth will participate in the fighting. This is in harmony with the words of Jesus Christ at Matthew 26:52 that his disciples not resort to weapons of physical warfare. (Compare Ex 14:13, 14; 2Ch 20:15, 17, 22, 23; Ps 2:4-9.) The birds that fly in midheaven will dispose of the bodies of those slaughtered.—Re 19:11-21.
    Har–Magedon is thus seen to be a fight, not merely among men, but one in which God’s invisible armies take part. Its coming is certain and it will take place at the time set by Jehovah God, who “is doing according to his own will among the army of the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth.”—Da 4:35; see also Mt 24:36.

Take it as you will....
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 May '10 07:32
    Jesus predicted that on his return to earth, "the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four win ...[text shortened]... the Spirit of truth within.

And no matter what I say you will find some way out.
    Ahh, so basically to be sure of the bible being right, you need a secret decoder ring which gives you the answer you're looking for. Great. How god must desire people to be saved that he makes finding him so ridiculous.
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    03 May '10 10:04
    Originally posted by Starrman
    How god must desire people to be saved that he makes finding him so ridiculous.
    Jesus speaks in parable so that he can confuse a great number of people and that way they end up in Hell. His own words.

True story!
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 11:08
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Ahh, so basically to be sure of the bible being right, you need a secret decoder ring which gives you the answer you're looking for. Great. How god must desire people to be saved that he makes finding him so ridiculous.
    Don't be ridiculous.

Jesus died and was resurrected. Believe it or not and be on your way.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 May '10 11:11
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Jesus speaks in parable so that he can confuse a great number of people and that way they end up in Hell. His own words.

True story!
    And you haven't the slightest clue as to why Jesus went from telling them strait forward to using parables do you?

You'll never understand with a closed mind. Get it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree