1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 15:361 edit
    Josephw and Rajk999 explain this and use the surrounding verses.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-14

11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth. 13 As for us, we can’t help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the firstd to experience salvation—a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and through your belief in the truth. 14 He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 15:441 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL

11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth. 13 As for us, we can’t help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We a ...[text shortened]... lvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    What do you need explained? Could it not the also said that is you who is believing a lie?

There are a few things which you seem to be missing. First the last days started in the time of Paul and not only now. Next there have always been false doctrines from since the time of Adam.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:05
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    What do you need explained? Could it not the also said that is you who is believing a lie?

There are a few things which you seem to be missing. First the last days started in the time of Paul and not only now. Next there have always been false doctrines from since the time of Adam.
    I know we have been living in the last days for about 2,000 years.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:18
    The Word of God does in fact preach that some are lost. Many are called and few are chosen. Judas Iscariot was both CHOSEN and was CALLED but he was LOST.

In addition there are many parts of the Apostles teachings that speak clearly of Christians SAINTS who do not or have not followed the teachings of Christ who will not inherit the kingdom of God. These were both chosen and eventually lost.
    I already know you're a Calvinist Rajk. Your doctrine takes free will out of the equation. It is God's will that all men be saved. It is a clear contradiction of the scriptures to say God chose some to be saved and other to be lost when God clearly says He wants all men to be saved.

Any further argument from you to the contrary only solidifies your obvious confusion. God either wants all men to be saved thereby establishing the doctrine of free will, or God chose some to be lost rendering free will obsolete.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 17:27

11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth. 13 As for us, we can’t help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We a ...[text shortened]... lvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Why bother asking Rajk? He already believes you're deceived. Listen to him and he'll put you under the law and not under grace.

Concerning the passage you reference; the apostle Paul is speaking to saved people about those that refuse to acknowledge Christ as their saviour. Does that help?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 21:58
    Originally posted by josephw
    I already know you're a Calvinist Rajk. Your doctrine takes free will out of the equation. It is God's will that all men be saved. It is a clear contradiction of the scriptures to say God chose some to be saved and other to be lost when God clearly says He wants all men to be saved.

Any further argument from you to the contrary only solidifies your obviou ...[text shortened]... tablishing the doctrine of free will, or God chose some to be lost rendering free will obsolete.
    To be honest I know nothing of these terms Calvinist or Arminianism etc. I however do know what Jesus and the Apostles preached and you people are sadly lost.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 08:43
    To be honest I know nothing of these terms Calvinist or Arminianism etc. I however do know what Jesus and the Apostles preached and you people are sadly lost.
    Then why don't you start your own thread about whatever it is that you're talking about.

The discussion in this thread is Arminianism versus Calvinism.

If you can't add to the discussion, or even know what it is, then why come in here and blather about? You're only confusing what this thread is about with some other stuff that this thread is not about.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 09:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Rajk999
    The discussion in this thread is Arminianism versus Calvinism.

If you can't add to the discussion, or even know what it is, then why come in here and blather about? You're only confusing what this thread is about with some other stuff that this thread is not about.
    If a discussion about "Arminianism versus Calvinism" isn't, on some level, about "what Jesus and the Apostles preached" then surely it's not Rajk999 who's engaging in "blather"?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 16:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    If a discussion about "Arminianism versus Calvinism" isn't, on some level, about "what Jesus and the Apostles preached" then surely it's not Rajk999 who's engaging in "blather"?
    I wonder how many Christians realise that the arguments in the opening post contain very little of the teachings of Christ that pertain to eternal life and how one can attain it.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 23:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Maybe not, but you are blathering about blather.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '17 23:29
    I wonder how many Christians realise that the arguments in the opening post contain very little of the teachings of Christ that pertain to eternal life and how one can attain it.
    There you go again. So as precisely as you can please tell how one "attains" eternal life.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 00:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    There you go again. So as precisely as you can please tell how one "attains" eternal life.
    The question was answered by Jesus himself. Someone asked him that question [.. Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? , and his answer was crystal clear. If you missed it then thats your failure.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 01:251 edit
    The question was answered by Jesus himself. Someone asked him that question [.. Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? , and his answer was crystal clear. If you missed it then thats your failure.
    Then go sell all your possessions and follow him.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jan '17 01:36
    Then go sell all your possessions and follow him.
    Your tone suggests that you are ridiculing the doctrine of Christ.

Fools dare to thread where angels fear.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:57
    Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments"

Is that how one "attains" or "inherits" eternal life?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree