1. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 11:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments"

Is that how one "attains" or "inherits" eternal life?
    I am pretty sure I have answered questions of this type from you already. But seeing that your indoctrination does not allow you to easily accept the teachings of Jesus Christ I will repeat some of what I have already said.

There are several ways into the Kingdom of God. Its not only YOUR way. The most secure way is through the teachings of Jesus himself, with this you cannot go wrong. The teachings of Paul are very sound and is the same as that of Christ himself, but Christians have twisted and manipulated it so that it now takes on a different meaning from what Paul intended. Christians read only the part about .... saved by grace through faith, it is a gift of God..", but ignore the dire warnings about righteous living and avoiding sin otherwise there will be no entry into the Kingdom of God.

So back to your question about Jesus. He also said .. if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:17 KJV)

These statements are made dozens of times by Jesus. If you want to disagree then thats your prerogative.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 14:31
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I am pretty sure I have answered questions of this type from you already. But seeing that your indoctrination does not allow you to easily accept the teachings of Jesus Christ I will repeat some of what I have already said.

There are several ways into the Kingdom of God. Its not only YOUR way. The most secure way is through the teachings of Jesus himself, ...[text shortened]... atements are made dozens of times by Jesus. If you want to disagree then thats your prerogative.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that one's sins are forgiven, but only when one obeys the commandments?

In other words, you are saying one gets saved, but only after keeping the law?

Is that correct?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 16:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that one's sins are forgiven, but only when one obeys the commandments?

In other words, you are saying one gets saved, but only after keeping the law?

Is that correct?
    You have this habit of using expressions which are vague.

I would say the Law of Moses to refer to the law given to the early Jews.
    I would say the Law of Christ or Doctrine of Christ or Commandments of Christ to refer to teachings which Christ called essential for eternal life.

When you say 'keeing the law', what do you mean?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 17:201 edit
    You have this habit of using expressions which are vague.

I would say the Law of Moses to refer to the law given to the early Jews.
    I would say the Law of Christ or Doctrine of Christ or Commandments of Christ to refer to teachings which Christ called essential for eternal life.

When you say 'keeing the law', what do you mean?
    Did you know that there is 1,050 new testament commands and 613 Old Testament laws.

Here are the New Testament:
    http://www.redmoonrising.com/newexodus/1050NTcommands.pdf
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 17:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Did you know that there is 1,050 new testament commands and 613 Old Testament laws.

Here are the New Testament:
    http://www.redmoonrising.com/newexodus/1050NTcommands.pdf
    You sound remarkable close to this guy:

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 25:24-30 KJV)
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 07:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If a discussion about "Arminianism versus Calvinism" isn't, on some level, about "what Jesus and the Apostles preached" then surely it's not Rajk999 who's engaging in "blather"?
    Using blather to defend blather.

If you missed it, I'll say it again.

If you can't add to the discussion, or even know what it is, then why come in here and blather about? You're only confusing what this thread is about with some other stuff that this thread is not about.

This means you, too.

Yeah, yeah, we know you love it when Christians get confused. Go away.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 07:45
    I wonder how many Christians realise that the arguments in the opening post contain very little of the teachings of Christ that pertain to eternal life and how one can attain it.
    Here you say that Calvinism is unbiblical, and here you are correct. And then you go on with Calvinistic ideas, like free will is not real and works is the way to go. Next you'll be saying that those who will choose Christ is already determined by God and that no one can change anything. Make up your mind.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 07:51
    The opening post and the ones that follow from several posters, represent several versions of doctrines all of which do not properly and fully preach the doctrine of Christ.

The ignorant are those who do not understand, neither do they preach, neither can they follow the teachings of Christ.
    Psssst, your fringe is showing. Again.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 07:57
    You sound remarkable close to this guy:

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Tho ...[text shortened]... nt into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 25:24-30 KJV)
    Why do you continually get halfway there and yet fail to make the payoff?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree