1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 14:19
    Is it arrogant to believe that your religion is the one and only religion ? Is it arrogant to believe that all other belief systems outside of the Christian one are part of the Devils plan to trick the hopeless sinner into Hell ? Is it arrogant to think that your special Book is the one with all the answers and that all other special Books are that of the Devil ? Is it somewhat arrogant to believe that if you don't believe a certain way you must burn in Hell for all of eternity ?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 14:43
    Originally posted by buckky
    Is it arrogant to believe that your religion is the one and only religion ? Is it arrogant to believe that all other belief systems outside of the Christian one are part of the Devils plan to trick the hopeless sinner into Hell ? Is it arrogant to think that your special Book is the one with all the answers and that all other special Books are that of the ...[text shortened]... to believe that if you don't believe a certain way you must burn in Hell for all of eternity ?
    Are these rhetorical questions?
  3. London
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 14:45
    Is it arrogant to believe that your religion is the one and only religion ? Is it arrogant to believe that all other belief systems outside of the Christian one are part of the Devils plan to trick the hopeless sinner into Hell ? Is it arrogant to think that your special Book is the one with all the answers and that all other special Books are that of the ...[text shortened]... to believe that if you don't believe a certain way you must burn in Hell for all of eternity ?
    Depends on the justification for each of those assertions.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 15:05
    Depends on your definition of "arrogant." According to God, arrogance is any authority set up against Him.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 15:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Depends on your definition of "arrogant." According to God, arrogance is any authority set up against Him.
    Did he tell you that himself?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 15:12
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Did he tell you that himself?
    Yes and no. He did tell us through indirect agents, otherwise known as divine revelation.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 15:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Yes and no. He did tell [b]us through indirect agents, otherwise known as divine revelation.[/b]
    A secondhand party providing hearsay from a hypothetical source. Think that'll hold up in court?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 15:30
    Originally posted by rwingett
    A secondhand party providing hearsay from a hypothetical source. Think that'll hold up in court?
    I am absolutely counting on it. In what are you putting your confidence?
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 15:54
    it's not what you think or believe , it's how you express those thoughts and beliefs to others that can be arrogance.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 16:41
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    it's not what you think or believe , it's how you express those thoughts and beliefs to others that can be arrogance.
    I dare say this is the best post I have heard from you. You are probably waiting one from me now, huh?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 16:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    I dare say this is the best post I have heard from you. You are probably waiting one from me now, huh?
    thank you

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree