Arts

Arts

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

Aside from religious texts, and perhaps also excluding religious music ~ and without worrying too much about how our definitions of the term spiritual might differ ~ what branches of the arts do you find most "spiritually uplifting" [or affecting or moving or likely to make you contemplative about the human condition]? Painting, Sculpture, Literature (fiction or poetry), Cinema, Music (which kinds), Theatre, Dance or whatever other branches of the arts I may have omitted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Aside from religious texts, and perhaps also excluding religious music ~ and without worrying too much about how our definitions of the term spiritual might differ ~ what branches of the arts do you find most "spiritually uplifting" [or affecting or moving or likely to make you contemplative about the human condition]? Painting, Sculpture, Literature (fiction or poetry), Cinema, Music (which kinds), Theatre, Dance or whatever other branches of the arts I may have omitted.
I like to put underwear on my head and do an interpretive dance through a meadow by my house.

Sometimes I hire a violinist to accompany me.

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Hoping you will eventually provide your own answers to this question.

For me, I think it would be visual arts and poetry, specifically the most prominent would be science-fiction illustrations and some Russian, Chinese, and Japanese poetry (in translation).

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
01 Jan 22

i like physical comedy
i strive to make people laugh by contorting my face
i do not make any coin doing this

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Music

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I like to put underwear on my head and do an interpretive dance through a meadow by my house.

Sometimes I hire a violinist to accompany me.
Dang! I thought I was the only one. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@rookie54 said
i like physical comedy
i strive to make people laugh by contorting my face
i do not make any coin doing this
You can't beat me at face contorting.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Seriously dude, you have no idea what it means to be supernatural.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

@josephw said
Seriously dude, you have no idea what it means to be supernatural.
You are mistaken. I understand what supernatural [or "to be supernatural"] means and I understand why people believe in supernatural causality.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are mistaken. I understand what supernatural [or "to be supernatural"] means and I understand why people believe in supernatural causality.
OMG!

We're going to be up all night.

Sir, you can't possibly know what is supernatural since you deny it's existence.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

@josephw said
Sir, you can't possibly know what is supernatural since you deny it's existence.
You are mistaken. I am agnostic about its existence. And I do not subscribe to theist claims about it.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

@josephw said
Music
I also find music to be the most spiritually uplifting or engrossing art form.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Particularly music that has a major element of improvisation going on, like some forms of jazz.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are mistaken. I am agnostic about its existence. And I do not subscribe to theist claims about it.
That's ok. I understand you are agnostic about the supernatural.

Nevertheless I am not.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
I would have to agree.