Arts

Arts

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Particularly music that has a major element of improvisation going on, like some forms of jazz.
I can only wish I was so gifted.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Aside from religious texts, and perhaps also excluding religious music ~ ~
Not complying with my own OP here, but, dating well back into my years of faith in the 70s, 80s and 90s, I still have a deep love of the religious music of Estonian composer Arvo Pärt. Even to this day, I find his choral works to be almost unutterably "holy" and spiritual.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22

@fmf said
Not complying with my own OP here, but, dating well back into my years of faith in the 70s, 80s and 90s, I still have a deep love of the religious music of Estonian composer Arvo Pärt. Even to this day, I find his choral works to be almost unutterably "holy" and spiritual.
Sorry to say I am unfamiliar with the music of Estonian composer Arvo Pärt.

Perhaps if I were I could speak more relevantly to your experience.

But yet I wish I could convey my own experience of the relationship I have with Jesus to whomever might hear it.

This is where it gets supernatural.

F

Moves
01 Jan 22

@josephw said
Sorry to say I am unfamiliar with the music of Estonian composer Arvo Pärt.Perhaps if I were I could speak more relevantly to your experience.
It's OK. I don't need you to.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
01 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
It's OK. I don't need you to.
I wish I could.

Just thought for a moment there that you might hear His voice.

You know me FMF. It's just what I have to say.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Aside from religious texts, and perhaps also excluding religious music ~ and without worrying too much about how our definitions of the term spiritual might differ ~ what branches of the arts do you find most "spiritually uplifting" [or affecting or moving or likely to make you contemplative about the human condition]? Painting, Sculpture, Literature (fiction or poetry), Cinema, Music (which kinds), Theatre, Dance or whatever other branches of the arts I may have omitted.
Oh music, definitely. Can anyone listen to Beethoven's 9th and not wonder?

Arvo Pärt has written some beautiful music.