1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 May '18 11:21
    Originally posted by @fmf
    It was the most gratuitous and meanspirited behaviour I have seen here in ten years aside from an incident where Seitse said something about Grampy Bobby's deceased wife.
    It was genuinely sickening to read.

The irony is that it shows strength of character to share publicly such highly personal information, to invest part of oneself in the forum community. For someone to view that as 'weakness' and an opportunity to ridicule is truly despicable.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '18 11:30
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    It was genuinely sickening to read.

The irony is that it shows strength of character to share publicly such highly personal information, to invest part of oneself in the forum community. For someone to view that as 'weakness' and an opportunity to ridicule is truly despicable.
    Thread 176578 pages 55-59.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '18 13:05
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Facts do trump opinions.

I just don’t believe your “facts.”

How could you possibly have a theology degree and think books of the Bible were written “decades apart.”

How could you possibly have a theology degree and not realize how easily refuted the atheist’s “talking snake” in Genesis trope is.

How could you possibly have a theology degree a ...[text shortened]... down posts from people you don’t like.

I don’t buy your “facts” for these and other reasons.
    Actually, I would expect all of that of someone who doesn't believe in the God of the Bible, nor his Son, theology degree or not.

One is not a prerequisite of the other.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 May '18 15:05
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Actually, I would expect all of that of someone who doesn't believe in the God of the Bible, nor his Son, theology degree or not.

Indeed. I also challenge anyone to remember everything they studied over 20 years ago, especially when most of that knowledge has lain redundant in the back of one's head for the vast majority of that time. - I note for example, in the second year of my studies I did modules on 'Hebrew poetry' and 'History of Childhood and schooling 1820-1970.' - I doubt I could even write a paragraph on either now, but at the time attended lectures, read books, wrote assignments and sat and passed exams on both topics.

That said, I still know more than Romans about all religions, including Christianity and it's talking snakes. 🙂
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 16:59
    Originally posted by @suzianne

One could certainly have knowledge of the Bible - and elementary facts about it - without believing in God. You think one has to believe in God to know books of the Bible were written more than “decades apart?” That the lessons in Job were about more than God “proving something” to Satan? That the “talking snake” in Genesis was actually a serpent and was demonically possessed? and on and on.

An atheist is not capable of knowing any of that?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 17:01
    Indeed. I also challenge anyone to remember everything they studied over 20 years ago, especially when most of that knowledge has lain redundant in the back of one's head for the vast majority of that time. - I note for example, in the second year of my studies I did modules on 'Hebrew poetry' and 'History of Childhood and schooling 1820-1970.' - I ...[text shortened]... l know more than Romans about all religions, including Christianity and it's talking snakes. 🙂
    We’re not talking about you forgetting some esoteric facts about the Bible. We’re talking about you making elementary errors about it.

It’d be like someone claiming to have a degree in calculus and “forgetting” how to do long division.

Doesn’t wash!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '18 21:05
    There's always the risk when sharing personal information that someone will use it as ammunition at a later date.
    I revealed the personal information that I have children on another thread. The almost instantaneously reaction was bizarre.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '18 21:34
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Facts do trump opinions.

I just don’t believe your “facts.”

How could you possibly have a theology degree and think books of the Bible were written “decades apart.”

How could you possibly have a theology degree and not realize how easily refuted the atheist’s “talking snake” in Genesis trope is.

How could you possibly have a theology degree a ...[text shortened]... down posts from people you don’t like.

I don’t buy your “facts” for these and other reasons.
    Bump for Ghost
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '18 06:29
    I revealed the personal information that I have children on another thread. The almost instantaneously reaction was bizarre.
    Just as bizarre as being constantly bumped by someone I have zero interest in communicating with.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '18 06:461 edit
    There's always the risk when sharing personal information that someone will use it as ammunition at a later date.
    Which is why I posted as I did in the phishing thread; “Ice breaker”.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '18 07:03
    In the current climate you should be careful what personal information you reveal. It’s not the first time you have been trolled over you children; I remember robbie carrobie doing something similar a couple of years ago.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '18 07:111 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    In the current climate you should be careful what personal information you reveal. It’s not the first time you have been trolled over you children; I remember robbie carrobie doing something similar a couple of years ago.
    It was Seitse really ~ he stalked me across three forums asking me if I was sleeping with my own sons while referring to an avatar of my family I was using. There were links to stories about Gary Glitter posted on numerous threads. robbie just played along with it. robbie's Own 'FMF is a woman impersonator/paedophile' thing was a couple of years later. Seitse got a 12 month ban although it wasn't me who alerted the posts.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '18 07:15
    It was Seitse really ~ he stalked me across three forums asking me if I was sleeping with my own sons while referring to an avatar of my family I was using; robbie just played along with it. Seitse got a 12 month ban although it wasn't me who alerted the posts.
    Ah seitse, yes of course.
    He got away with the Grampy Bobby comments, but I think he got a long ban, possibly a permenent forum ban for comments about the Westminster terror murders.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '18 09:00
    Ah seitse, yes of course.
    He got away with the Grampy Bobby comments, but I think he got a long ban, possibly a permenent forum ban for comments about the Westminster terror murders.
    What an interesting stroll down Trolling Lane. So much nonsense to reminisce about.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '18 17:30
    The most egregious bit of trolling about my wife and children posted by Romans1009 seems to have been removed by the website.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree