1. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 20:161 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No it is Jesus his son that is telling us to pray that God's name which is Jehovah to be santified.
    Thanks for the explanation, it makes more sense now. I forgot you don't take Jesus to be God, and was thinking along the lines of the Bible being Gods word.

...we have to know God's name in order to have Jehovah hear our prayers.
    Does this also mean he doesn't hear us if we say bad stuff about him but don't use his name? Cool.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 21:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thanks for the explanation, it makes more sense now. I forgot you don't take Jesus to be God, and was thinking along the lines of the Bible being Gods word.

[b]...we have to know God's name in order to have Jehovah hear our prayers.

Does this also mean he doesn't hear us if we say bad stuff about him but don't use his name? Cool.[/b]
    Lol...I wouldn't take a bet on that.

But a question for anyone. Why do we need to go thru Jesus to pray to God? Can God not hear us if we don't?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Apr '12 21:33
    Lol...I wouldn't take a bet on that.

But a question for anyone. Why do we need to go thru Jesus to pray to God? Can God not hear us if we don't?
    Jesus said to ask in My name. Ane Paul said Jesus has "the name which is above every name. Jesus is the only one without sin.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Apr '12 00:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus said to ask in My name. Ane Paul said Jesus has "the name which is above every name. Jesus is the only one without sin.
    Ok. The only reason I'm answering this is not because I know your listening or even in the slightest way wanting to learn the TRUTH, but I know there are a few others here that are listening and hopefully trying to understand this issue about who Jehovah is and who his son Jesus is. But no thanks to you and your mumbo jumbo and constantly trying your best to dilute the truth, it does exist.

What is Jesus saying here? What is Jesus's role between us and his Father? Is he not our mediator or ambassador and spokesman and the one who petitions God with our prayers? Is he not called the Word?
    If you can comprehend those terms and apply them to Jesus then you might somehow get a clue as to what Jesus is saying by asking him the things we pray about.
    At the end of our prayers do we not say " in Jesus's name, amen"?
    So by praying thru Jesus, he then takes those prayers to his Father just as an ambassador would take a message to a President. We would not doubt use that ambassadors name in that process would we not? And as the only avenue to talk to God we would go thru Jesus to get that accomplished.
    It is not Jesus that answers our petitions and does the action but he is the petitioner to his FATHER for us so that we may be heard.
    Again if this sinks in at all, it is not Jesus we are praying to for answers but it is to his Father that we are speaking to by the way of Jesus.

I know this messes up your trinity thingy but that's the way it is...
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Apr '12 00:441 edit
    Ha..So the other 2 parts of this 3 headed god thing as you say, do sin?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '12 02:53
    Ha..So the other 2 parts of this 3 headed god thing as you say, do sin?
    No. God can not sin. Christ, being also a man, could sin, but did not.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Apr '12 15:321 edit
    No. God can not sin. Christ, being also a man, could sin, but did not.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    That's right. In your eyes Jesus or Jushua or Yahoo or whatever you say his name is, is still a man in flesh and blood somehow floating in heaven and no doubt trying to find his footing on those puffy clouds. So as long as he's still a human he can sin according to "your" words.
    Wow..I bet you don't have much faith in him then if he can still sin....
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Apr '12 16:06
    Jesus (Yahshua) said to pray that the name of the Father in heaven be
    honored and made holy, however, He said nothing about the name Jehovah.
    Jesus said to [b]pray in MY name.
    (John 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-24)
    Jesus said, "I have come in My Father’s name" (John 5:43 NKJV)

Jesus also said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
    ...[text shortened]... every name"[/b] in
    (Philippians 2:9) "to the glory of God the Father."

HalleluYAH !!![/b]
    You post this yet you are still a trinitarian?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 14:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Lol. He seems to have no clue the scriptures he qoutes go against what he preaches.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 15:15
    That's right. In your eyes Jesus or Jushua or Yahoo or whatever you say his name is, is still a man in flesh and blood somehow floating in heaven and no doubt trying to find his footing on those puffy clouds. So as long as he's still a human he can sin according to "your" words.
    Wow..I bet you don't have much faith in him then if he can still sin....
    The fact that He didn't sin like every other man gives me even more faith in Him. He did not even curse His crucifiers, but forgave them and even asked His Father to forgive them. What a great man as well as a great God. No wonder His Father gave Him all authority in Heaven and Earth and exalted His name above every name so that at the name of YAH shua every knee shall bow. HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord!
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 15:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    All persons of the triune God honor each other egually and one of those ways is by accepting one name above all other names. Hallelu YAH !!!
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:08
    The fact that He didn't sin like every other man gives me even more faith in Him. He did not even curse His crucifiers, but forgave them and even asked His Father to forgive them. What a great man as well as a great God. No wonder His Father gave Him all authority in Heaven and Earth and exalted His name above every name so that at the name of [b]YAH shua every knee shall bow. HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord![/b]
    Read this as slow as you possibly can and maybe many times over as you say: "his Father """"GAVE"""" him authority". Do you not at all understand what that means?
    If a President of a country GAVE someone authority over something, would that not mean that person is still in a lower position then he who GAVE him that authority? You are so stuck on the trinity that you are totally blind to simple words and what they mean.
    God, the only God Almighty who is Jehovah, GAVE his son Jesus the authority to rule as our king. But this acting king who God GAVE this authority too, is still in subjection to his Father Jehovah who GAVE him the authority to rule in his behalf. If they were equal in all things as the silly trinity says they are, how couold one part give the other part anything? All parts are equal in your mind as stupid as that sounds and is.

So as usual you'll not answer this obvious trinity killer question but WHERE is the Holy Spirit in this picture?????????????
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:08
    All persons of the triune God honor each other egually and one of those ways is by accepting [b]one name above all other names. Hallelu YAH !!![/b]
    PROVE that with a scripture please?????????????????????????????????????
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 20:52
    Read this as slow as you possibly can and maybe many times over as you say: "his Father """"GAVE"""" him authority". Do you not at all understand what that means?
    If a President of a country GAVE someone authority over something, would that not mean that person is still in a lower position then he who GAVE him that authority? You are so stuck on the ...[text shortened]... ous trinity killer question but WHERE is the Holy Spirit in this picture?????????????
    You seem to forget that the Son of God, who John calls the "WORD" was equal to God in the beginning because He was God. But the Son of God lowered Himself to take on the body of man and subject Himself to the authority of the Father in doing God's will to save mankind. So it was only during the time that the Son of Man was on earth that the Father was greater. Once He completed His mission He received back the position He held with the Father in the beginning. But now that His body has been resurrected in an incorruptible form He is uniquely qualified to Judge man and He now has all authority in Heaven and Earth. The Holy Bible says so. It's in the Book. HalleluYah !!!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 21:00
    PROVE that with a scripture please?????????????????????????????????????
    You will just get amnesia again and ask for me to prove it again so you can claim amnesia again and again because you do not really want to hear the truth. If you did you would look in the Holy Bible and search for it yourself by checking all the scriptures that deal with honor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree