1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 04:101 edit
    Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really really really, really, really, really really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really silly.

Dicuss!! 😛
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 05:451 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really really really, really, really, really really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, reall ...[text shortened]... ,, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really silly.

Dicuss!! 😛
    Amen.

That covers it all and takes nowhere near 105 words.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 05:491 edit
    Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really really really really, really, really, really really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, reall ...[text shortened]... ,, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really silly.

Dicuss!! 😛
    Very silly thread. Shows thay you are not serious. Shows that your religion is not really serious. Is this an argument against atheism, then you've failed. You are failed.

However, I'm not very surprised that RJHinds goes this low in his argumentation. It shows his personality quite well.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 05:52
    Dicuss!! 😛
    Even if you do not like the atheist, you should not call him a dickus. That is just mean.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 08:04

Dicuss!! 😛
    that amounts to grand limit of the theistic intellectual fortitude.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 08:38

Dicuss!! 😛
    How does it compare to your lack of belief in all Gods except one? Does your belief have one less 'really', or does your single case of non-atheism, somehow make your lack of belief in all those other Gods, more sensible?
    Explain.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 09:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How does it compare to your lack of belief in all Gods except one? Does your belief have one less 'really', or does your single case of non-atheism, somehow make your lack of belief in all those other Gods, more sensible?
    Explain.
    Similar point.

How did you come to believe in the religion you do, to the exclusion of others? Is the religion you subscribe to that of your parents? Did you examine all other possibilities before selecting the one you follow? How did you reach the conclusion of which to follow?

If you follow the religion of your parents (overwhelmingly the case in practice), or one of the predominant faiths that you were brought up around, how do you know that the religion you have chosen is anything more than the product of the casual chance of your birth? What religion would/could you have believed in if you were born a 14th Century Inuit?

Unless you have answers to why the religion you have chosen is any more likely to the 'right' one, why is your selection process any more silly than a person who has spotted the fact that, giving the plethora of mutually exclusive religions around (all of which have their adherents who are just as serious and committed as you), it looks most likely that man created god, and not vice versa.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:07
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Even if you do not like the atheist, you should not call him a dickus. That is just mean.
    What can I ay. One key i ticking and won't type. :'(
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Very silly thread. Shows thay you are not serious. Shows that your religion is not really serious. Is this an argument against atheism, then you've failed. You are failed.

However, I'm not very surprised that RJHinds goes this low in his argumentation. It shows his personality quite well.
    I'm failed? :'(
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:12
    Explain.
    Ok everyone, lets take a deeeep breath in and out.

Now, I was only having a little fun......and apparently am also failed as a result.

Acually, I thought calling atheists silly was better than calling them fools, which the Bible seems to indicate.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for trying to be nice. 😞
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:24
    Ok everyone, lets take a deeeep breath in and out.

Now, I was only having a little fun......and apparently am also failed as a result.

Acually, I thought calling atheists silly was better than calling them fools, which the Bible seems to indicate.

I don't think you failed. I think you were right on. HalleluYah !!!
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:27
    Being less nasty than the Bible does not make you nice.

And insulting people then trying to give as a disclaimer, the fact that you were only having a little fun, or that others are bigger insulter's, only makes your position worse.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 16:30
    Being less nasty than the Bible does not make you nice.

And insulting people then trying to give as a disclaimer, the fact that you were only having a little fun, or that others are bigger insulter's, only makes your position worse.
    I think he is still being facetious. But accurate.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 19:18

Dicuss!! 😛
    Doesn't the fact that RJH agrees with you cause a frisson of self-doubt?
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '12 19:38
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Doesn't the fact that RJH agrees with you cause a frisson of self-doubt?
    That assumes whodey is capable of self-doubt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree