1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:293 edits
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Slowly but surely, atheism is beginning to creep into popular media on an increasing basis. We have several examples:

*House - The main character, Gregory House, makes his atheism quite explicit during many episodes. His disdain for religion is frequently mentioned. Unfortunately, this is offset by the fact that House is an acerbic malcontent.

*Bones e serious Presidential candidates who don't feel the need to demonstrate their religiosity?
    It would be quite a blessing when American Presidents didn't have to pretend anymore that they are Christians. Their policies would be viewed from the perspective they should be looked at, namely from the perspective of taking care of American interests economicly, financially, geo-politically and militairily ..... and in the meanwhile spreading American "culture" and secular American ideology in the world.

Please hurry and tell the world who you guys really are.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:37
    Originally posted by josephw
    They did. They're called abortion clinics.
    Death factories ... indeed a good example of what secular liberalism stands for.
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:40
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I was in church today and something hit me that I had never considered. It was communion Sunday and the passage that was read was from the last supper when Jesus says that for the person about to betray him, it would have been better had he not been born. I had never considered this as a statement about abortion, but could not help but examine that.
    ... and what was the result of your deliberations ? .... I bet it was a confirmation of your point of view regarding the moral acceptibility of performing abortion .....
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:441 edit
    They did. They're called abortion clinics.
    Maybe the liberal atheists should start euthanasia clinics as well .... a lot of money can be made by killing people ......
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:47
    Thanks. I am all for a group of atheists getting together to fund something like this and be as proud of it as to put their "atheist" brand on it. Maybe in the lobby have that quote by Franklin. There is a hospital about 40 miles from where I live and it is owned and operated by Baptists and it has religious passages throughout the building. For me, I ...[text shortened]... he doctor or nurse is Jewish, Muslim, snake handler or an atheist. Long as I get out alive.
    Then I hope you will not lose conciousness in an atheist hospital .... before you know it they will proclaim you a non-person ... and off you go .....
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:52
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    Atheists aren't easy to pin down. You can be a Jewish Atheist or whatever religion you were born in. They come in all shapes, sizes, ethnicities, anything. An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in God it doesn't have its own set of conditions or rules. It's the negative of religion. It's not a cult per se.

To paraphrase Dawkins, atheists are like ...[text shortened]... the only thing that relates them is their disbelief in something, not any common belief...
    "To paraphrase Dawkins, atheists are like stray cats. They don't do anything as a group .... "

..... and this is coming from the Guru of Atheism who has so many followers ..... This really makes my day .... what a joke ......
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:54
    Originally posted by The Dude 84
    Shav, something we can agree upon! Good on ya
    They don't act as a group, they are like stray cats ...... 🙄
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:561 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Slowly but surely, atheism is beginning to creep into popular media on an increasing basis. We have several examples:

*House - The main character, Gregory House, makes his atheism quite explicit during many episodes. His disdain for religion is frequently mentioned. Unfortunately, this is offset by the fact that House is an acerbic malcontent.

*Bones ...[text shortened]... again, the main character is a vocal atheist. She consistently bashes religion during the show.
    I think that, regarding these two, it's closely related to the stereotype of the work they're supposed to be doing. They're both calculating machines, analyzing all data in the most mechanicist possible way (for each effect there is a deterministic cause).

This doesn't appear to fit well with a belief in the metaphysical, even though in the real world it is not necessarily antagonistic.
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 15:56
    Interesting that you should see it that way.
    It seems to me you have a way of reading into scripture whatever meaning you want it to have.
    Take that Kirk .... I agree with josephw ...
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 16:34
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Death factories ... indeed a good example of what secular liberalism stands for.
    Still suckling the pope's tit I see...
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 17:27
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Maybe the liberal atheists should start euthanasia clinics as well .... a lot of money can be made by killing people ......
    Interesting point. Alot of money is being made by killing people. And I don't mean in just abortion clinics.
    I'm not an advocate of war, unless it's necessary, but alot of money is made selling arms to unscrupulous people.

Do you think society well ever collapse so far that it will be acceptable to have euthanasia clinics?
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 17:302 edits
    Interesting point. Alot of money is being made by killing people. And I don't mean in just abortion clinics.
    I'm not an advocate of war, unless it's necessary, but alot of money is made selling arms to unscrupulous people.

Do you think society well ever collapse so far that it will be acceptable to have euthanasia clinics?
    Yes ... but they will be called differently. Ask Kirk .....
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 17:37
    Are you thinking "Satan"?
    Any idea that contradicts Biblical truth is inherently evil.

Satan is the god of this world, and the prince of the power of the air. Anyone that ascribes to an idea that go against the truth of the Bible is under his influence. (Although some Christians may believe an untruth, that does not mean they are under the influence of Satan.)

Atheist such as shav hate even hearing someone say that. Instead of accepting that we all have a right to our own view of life he resorts to insults and name calling.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 17:44
    Originally posted by SourJax
    Evolution is just another form of self-godhood, the basis of all false religions. Yep, I said it, all false religions have one thing in common, the believers of those religions believe themselves to be god.
    That's because all false religions are all about the self!

How good can I be?, is their focus.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Nov '07 18:16
    Atheist such as shav hate even hearing someone say that. Instead of accepting that we all have a right to our own view of life he resorts to insults and name calling.
    Your right to your own view does not include the right not to be criticized, or even insulted, for holding that view.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree