1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 17:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If you have already made up your mind,
    That settles it. No need for further discussion.
    I'll leave it up to you and God. Best wishes.
    With love,
    RJHinds
    Fair enough. What say we have a look at your prejudice towards non-biblical scripture instead then?
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 18:041 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I wish I could end this discussion on a good note;
    but that is probably just wishful thinking. Atheist
    don't wont to here the truth that comes from the
    Holy Bible. They call that preaching, very bad.
    God could only create a creature capable of love
    by allowing free will, to love or to hate. With all
    God's power there was no way to force true love.
    We ...[text shortened]... and love
    all the time and see if it make for a better world.

With truth and love,
    RJHinds
    I see an awful lot of constant hypocrisy here on these forums by certain (not all, just an extreme minority) theists:

They constantly lecture to as atheists about love and hate as if we atheists promote hate and are full of hate and are against love and have no love just by being atheist! This is, of course, nonsense. Atheism is not about hate or anti-love, and, if you want to know what atheism is about, just look it up in the dictionary! It means disbelief that there exists a god and nothing more.
    We atheists are no more capable of hate and are no less capable of love than theists.
    To add to that hypocritical, they show extraordinary hatred towards atheists on these forums and at times so much that it can only be compared with the hatred the Nazis had against the Jews -and they lecture to US about hate!?
    Perhaps they should be reminded of a few facts:

http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/a/NaziChristian.htm
    “...Christians may not like acknowledging that Nazi actions might have anything to do with Christianity, but Germany saw itself as a fundamentally Christian nation and millions of Christians in Germany enthusiastically endorsed Hitler and the Nazi Party in part because they saw both as embodiments of both German and Christian ideals. ...”

also, Hitler himself was definitely a theist:
    http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/fi/murphy_19_2.html

also, was it atheists that flew aircraft into tall buildings? Answer, no. it was religious extremists, NOT atheists!

OK, there was also some evil atheists; Stalin being by far the best example I think although I haven't ever seen any evidence nor reason to believe that he ever said he killed specifically in the name of atheism, and who has? And yet many atrocities throughout history have been committed in the name of a religion or a god. But, given that most of the most evil people in history were clearly theist, how dare some theists accuse US of being evil!!!

They also make out that the existence of god, even to us atheists, is, somehow, 'obvious'! Of course, this is also nonsense. It is no more obvious that god exists to an atheist as it is obvious to an atheist that the spaghetti monster exists and for the same reason -there is no evidence that there exists a god just as there is no evidence that there exists a spaghetti monster.
    So why are we atheists supposed to be evil/hateful? -because we don't have blind faith in the said existence of something because we see no evidence? -that simply doesn't make any sense. Are you just being evil and hateful for denying the spaghetti monster?

I will copy and paste this above post to make it the subject of a new thread.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 18:201 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I understand you have trouble following a conversation as you have pointed out
    numerous times now. I understand that you jumped into a conversation about
    the beginning and tried to turn it into something you wanted to talk about, and
    was willing to take things out of context to do it. I am not going to attempt once
    again to talk to you about this, it se ...[text shortened]... s you are dead set on this topic, and I'm no
    longer going to respond to you about this.
    Kelly
    “...I understand you have trouble following a conversation as you have pointed out
    numerous times now ...”

No, I never said this. I never said I have trouble following “a conversation”.
    I said I have trouble following your grammar.
    You appear to be having trouble following this part of the conversation 😛

Plus this doesn’t debunk what I said in my last post.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 00:02
    Give it a rest. Check out the thread "Religious humor".
    Maybe you will enjoy it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree