1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:52
    Imagine you had no physical senses.

What would remain? Your thoughts? Your emotions?

You wouldn't even know you had a body. Then if your body died, what would remain?

Nothing?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:56
    Originally posted by josephw

You wouldn't even know you had a body. Then if your body died, what would remain?

Nothing?
    The universe existed for billions of years before I was born. That didn't bother me in the slightest. I don't imagine it'll trouble me too much that it will continue to exist after I'm gone.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:59
    Athiesm offers sanity to some that have been brainwashed by false garbage.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:09
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The universe existed for billions of years before I was born. That didn't bother me in the slightest. I don't imagine it'll trouble me too much that it will continue to exist after I'm gone.
    Are you going to engage or just hit and run again?

This thread isn't about how content you were before you existed.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:25

Nothing?
    How can you imagine you had no physical senses? Wouldn't you need a physical sense to sense that in the first place. Just asking, no baiting...yet(🙂 )
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How can you imagine you had no physical senses? Wouldn't you need a physical sense to sense that in the first place. Just asking, no baiting...yet(🙂 )
    Is thinking a physical sense? Are emotions driven by our senses?

Go back and re-read the OP. It would help alot if you would get the gist of my point before you make knee jerk replies.(Meant with sincerity)
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:37

Go back and re-read the OP. It would help alot if you would get the gist of my point before you make knee jerk replies.(Meant with sincerity)
    I'm trying to get the gist of your post. I have re-read it and will re-read it again, just give me five mins.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:40
    I'm trying to get the gist of your post. I have re-read it and will re-read it again, just give me five mins.
    Take your time. I have all night. Or until I fall asleep. 😉
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:43

I guess the line I draw between the physical and non-physical is less rigid than the one you draw.
    For me its more of a guideline and an intstructive sort of man made division, rather than an actual difference.

No , i cant understand your op. Perhaps some others will come along and help explain it to me.
    Perhaps you may want to try to re-phrase it, but I dont expect it from you🙂
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 01:09
    I guess the line I draw between the physical and non-physical is less rigid than the one you draw.
    For me its more of a guideline and an intstructive sort of man made division, rather than an actual difference.

No , i cant understand your op. Perhaps some others will come along and help explain it to me.
    Perhaps you may want to try to re-phrase it, but I dont expect it from you🙂
    "...but I dont expect it from you"

Why?

I'll explain it another way.

Atheism says "there is no God", therefore after death there is no life. For the individual that means the absolute cessation of one's own existence. Seeing that we now live, and enjoy the benefits of experiencing life, it is beyond comprehension that as thinking and feeling human beings that life should be extinguished so cavalierly.

Atheism offers nothing and contributes nothing to life. It is only about death, because that's all there is after life as far as atheism is concerned.

What more can be said? Who can defend atheism as being anything other than what it is?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:05
    Are you going to engage or just hit and run again?

This thread isn't about how content you were before you existed.
    You asked me to imagine that I had no physical senses and what it would be like. I imagine it would be the same as before I was born. I had no physical senses then and I'll have none after I'm dead.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:09
    [b]"...but I dont expect it from you"

Why?

Atheism says "there is no God", therefore after death there is no life. For the individual that means the absolute cessation of one's own existence. Seeing that we now live, and enjoy the benefits of experiencing life, it is beyond comprehension that as thinking and feelin ...[text shortened]...

What more can be said? Who can defend atheism as being anything other than what it is?[/b]
    That doesn't mean the alternatives are true.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:14
    [b]"...but I dont expect it from you"

Why?

Atheism says "there is no God", therefore after death there is no life. For the individual that means the absolute cessation of one's own existence. Seeing that we now live, and enjoy the benefits of experiencing life, it is beyond comprehension that as thinking and feelin ...[text shortened]...

What more can be said? Who can defend atheism as being anything other than what it is?[/b]
    Why I "dont expect from you"? , oh only because you already put effort into explaining yourself to me and obviosly I couldn't get on the same wavelength, so I would've understood if you wished not to explain your self furhtur. Know what I mean?

Now in response to your latest offering I will say:
    You are correct, more or less, athiests have nothing to offer about specualtion about life after death.
    I like athiests because they have a cinsistent approach to explaining the reasons for thinking the way they do.
    I could say "I guess we'll just find out when we die", but because I think you can access the understanding of "life after death", while still alive, I'll just leave it at the old "work out your own enlightenment with dilligence", (the bhudda).

Understanding the mind of an active athiest correctly, will give you much insight into the true nature of the universe.

After all, would you not agree that it doesn't matter what one believes? Will Jesus cease to exist becuase we dont believe in him? I hope not. 😀
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You asked me to imagine that I had no physical senses and what it would be like. I imagine it would be the same as before I was born. I had no physical senses then and I'll have none after I'm dead.
    That's true. You'll have no physical senses after your dead.

Now this is where it gets dicey. You didn't exists before conception. But you began to exist after conception. Imagine that you can live forever. Sounds fairytaleish doesn't it?

There is no logical reason to conclude that one ceases to exist simply because the body dies.

The universe isn't a cold hard empty place. There is a way! Don't you believe me?
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 02:35
    That's true. You'll have no physical senses after your dead.

Now this is where it gets dicey. You didn't exists before conception. But you began to exist after conception. Imagine that you can live forever. Sounds fairytaleish doesn't it?

There is no logical reason to conclude that one ceases to exist simply because the body dies.

The universe isn't a cold hard empty place. There is a way! Don't you believe me?
    I didn't exist prior to my physical body. I will cease to exist after its demise. I don't sit around wishing I had existed for all eternity before I was born and I see no reason to wish for eternal existence after I'm presumably gone.

Why is it that Christians are always fixated on what happens after death? The eternity of time before your birth didn't inconvenience you in the slightest, why is the after life part so terrifying to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree