1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 19:38
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Jesus said let him who has no sin throw the first stone when they brought him the woman caught in adultery I would guess the same applies to homosexuality.
    Homosexuals should be stoned to death providing
    the first stone is thrown by a man with "no sin"?

Is that what you mean?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 23:53
    Jesus said let him who has no sin throw the first stone when they brought him the woman caught in adultery I would guess the same applies to homosexuality.
    You have sidestepped my question yet again. I am not talking about the death penalty. I'm asking you how your moral stances on adultery and homosexual sex would affect the laws you would enact and impose on society.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 23:58
    Equally evil as in 'sinful'. As far as I can tell any sin whether big or small can keep you out of Heaven if you haven't been cleansed of it. I was speaking in Biblical terms. Jesus said if you get angry with your brother you are in danger of judgement. If you call him a fool you are in danger of the fires of hell. If you can prove to me out of the Bible that certain sins will be overlooked feel free to do so.
    Do you think your belief that getting angry with someone and murdering 6,000,000 people are "equally evil", and that they ultimately deserve exactly the same punishment, would qualify you or disqualify you to enact morality-related laws and impose them on society?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 03:32
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Homosexuals should be stoned to death providing
    the first stone is thrown by a man with "no sin"?

Is that what you mean?
    All have sinned so no one has the right to throw any stones.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 03:341 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You have sidestepped my question yet again. I am not talking about the death penalty. I'm asking you how your moral stances on adultery and homosexual sex would affect the laws you would enact and impose on society.
    Which society are you talking about? A dictatorship or a democracy? Who said I would enact or impose laws on society?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 04:22
    So how would your moral stances on adultery and homosexual sex affect the laws you would enact and impose on society?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 05:13
    Originally posted by @js357
    So how would your moral stances on adultery and homosexual sex affect the laws you would enact and impose on society?
    I would not impose my moral stances upon anyone, would you?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 05:23
    All have sinned so no one has the right to throw any stones.
    Are you saying the punishment is just but there isn't anyone who can carry it out?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 05:33
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Are you saying the punishment is just but there isn't anyone who can carry it out?
    Not at all. God will judge righteously. Who are we to judge?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 06:06
    Which society are you talking about? A dictatorship or a democracy? Who said I would enact or impose laws on society?
    You seem very evasive. You asked me questions of this nature and I answed them. And when similar questions are put to you, you become sort of conversationally furtive.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 06:22
    I would not impose my moral stances upon anyone, would you?
    So your moral standards guide you and affect how you perceive others. And basically, that's all. They are a personal thing. No imposing, no enacting, no embodiment in laws that affect others. And, at the same time, my moral standards guide me and affect how I perceive others, in the same way.

So why are you going on and on and on all the time about how you insist your morals are "objective"?

What difference does it make to anybody else that you attach the label "objective" to your personal preferences and standards?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 06:33
    You seem very evasive. You asked me questions of this nature and I answed them. And when similar questions are put to you, you become sort of conversationally furtive.
    I asked you questions based upon what you had said, (i.e talking people out of having abortions). Did I ever say I feel the urge to impose my morals upon other people?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 06:37
    So your moral standards guide you and affect how you perceive others. And basically, that's all. They are a personal thing. No imposing, no enacting, no embodiment in laws that affect others. And, at the same time, my moral standards guide me and affect how I perceive others, in the same way.

So why are you going on and on and on all the time about how you ...[text shortened]... o anybody else that you attach the label "objective" to your personal preferences and standards?
    I am surprised that after all this time you still don't get it. If God does exist and the Bible is His revelation to mankind, it means that the Bible is the objective standard for right and wrong. That means if the Bible clearly says that something is wrong it is still wrong regardless of whether or not people have been conditioned by society to believe that it isn't wrong.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 06:43
    Did I ever say I feel the urge to impose my morals upon other people?
    Didn't you agree with the imposition of same morally-based laws as me [pertaining to the behaviours I listed]?

What would your supposedly "objective" morals have empowered you to actually do about the Nazis?

Simply condemn their actions while wittering on childishly about how the condemnation from others, who don't happen to share your superstitions, was "incoherent"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 06:45
    I am surprised that after all this time you still don't get it. If God does exist and the Bible is His revelation to mankind, it means that the Bible is the objective standard for right and wrong. That means if the Bible clearly says that something is wrong it is still wrong regardless of whether or not people have been conditioned by society to believe that it isn't wrong.
    This regurgitation of stuff you have claimed about your personal opinions umpteen times before has simply sidestepped the content of the post you were ostensibly replying to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree