Atheist vs Theist moral accountability

Atheist vs Theist moral accountability

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
So you figure somehow YOU are worthy of some teleportation trick by your god while millions of infants die from starvation or cancer, never to receive help from your god.

Don't you see that as just the slightest but arrogant? A god would single YOU out and ignore real suffering?
So you are saying that it is morally wrong for the creator of life to take a life when he sees fit?

According to your moral code ?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Aug 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So you are saying that it is morally wrong for the creator of life to take a life when he sees fit?

Ah, you mean your imaginary friend. I see no sign of your friend but I see a lot of death and what miracles performed are from modern medicine not some deity going, ok, you get to live, but you 200 million victims of war, too bad.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Aug 16

Ah, you mean your imaginary friend. I see no sign of your friend but I see a lot of death and what miracles performed are from modern medicine not some deity going, ok, you get to live, but you 200 million victims of war, too bad.
Hold on so you are blaming an imaginary being for people's death?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 16
1 edit

Actually, I think it is according to the moral code of the bible. Unless you are referencing a God who wants us to do what he says, not what he does?

Sonhouse spoke of 'millions of infants who die from starvation or cancer.' Is you position seriously that due to your God creating these lives it is morally acceptable for him to take them as he sees fit?

Does a father have the moral justification to kill his son, due to him giving that son life? A supreme being should be the perfect role model for the moral code he establishes in the bible. - To 'take a life as he sees fit' seems to operate outside of this moral code.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Aug 16

Hold on so you are blaming an imaginary being for people's death?
Not at all, I just am saying there is no imaginary friend who fixes our boo boo's. The 200 million who died in WW2 and thereabouts proves that.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Aug 16
1 edit

Not at all, I just am saying there is no imaginary friend who fixes our boo boo's. The 200 million who died in WW2 and thereabouts proves that.
Some people see it differently. Why are you obsessed with something you claim to be imaginary?