Atheists make better sandwiches

Atheists make better sandwiches

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
"If you don't love me I will make sure you burn forever."

This would be creepy if your partner said it. Why is it beautiful when God says it?!
God didn’t say that.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 18

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Matthew 25:41

But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

Luke 12:5

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
27 May 18

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!

Thank you for posting a clear refutation to those who would argue that the God of the OT and the Got of the NT are not one and the same.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Thank you for posting a clear refutation to those who would argue that the God of the OT and the Got of the NT are not one and the same.
One is happy to concede sir they portray the same fictional deity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 18

And how is that incompatible with annihilationism?

Did God say, “You will burn in hell forever?”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 18

One is happy to concede sir they portray the same fictional deity.
You’ve argued in the past that the God of the Old Testament and God of the New Testsment are not the same, have you not? Or was your position more nuanced than that?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 May 18
1 edit

Thread update:

Definition of 'concede'

'Admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it.'

Edit: The canny reader will also have spotted the 'fictional deity' reference rendering the entire sentence satirical.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 18

Thread update:

Definition of 'concede'

'Admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it.'

Edit: The canny reader will also have spotted the 'fictional deity' reference rendering the entire sentence satirical.
There you go ignoring me by not ignoring me again 🙄

And it’s so rare for you to concede anything, you can imagine my confusion.

But your concession is impressive. Well done, hombre!