1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 May '08 06:15
    I just hang out here because all the other forums suck Goliath's balls.
  2. at the centre
    Moves
    17 May '08 06:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Keep telling yourself that theists are different 😉
    Aren't they?😛
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 May '08 06:541 edit
    Originally posted by howzzat
    Aren't they?😛
    No. Do you know how often I get threatened with Hell and damnation from angry, bitter theists? Many highly religious people like to vainly ridicule liberals, commies, feminists, atheists, etc. Talk about insecure...theists are among the most paranoid people around! Look at the wars coming out of all three monotheistic religions in the name of religion; the Crusades, etc. and the Jewish-Muslim mutual hatred and warfare in the Middle East. You don't see any argumentative, loud, angry behavior from the Religious Right? I certainly do. In addition theists are not particularly at peace. Every day it seems like there's some new story of a religious leader's scandal of some sort. You think those Priest pedophiles are at peace? You think the dude who drives the "REPENT OR GO TO HELL"-car in my neighborhood or the lady with the sign that says "SINNERS WILL BE TURNED INTO HELL" is at peace?

You're wearing blinders if you think those qualities you described are any more prevalent among atheists than among theists.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 May '08 10:37
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Especially the chess only forum.
  5. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:25
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yikes. Could you be specific as to which bizarre, provincial definitions you are employing here?
    "theist" : believe-in-a-god

"a-theist" : not-believe-in-a-god

Not really rocket science, is it?!
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I would never say that atheists don't believe in spirituality. That is hardly the case.
    Humour me: where do the "spirits" that these "spiritual atheists" believe in, come from or relate to??
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:29
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Spirituality is more than just Christianity.

Agreed. If you read my post, you will note that I have included Bhuddists and Hindus etc under "Spirituality" in my reference to reincarnatiion, which most Christians deny.
  8. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:382 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    1. Atheists can be interested in spirituality too.
    2. Many of the topics discussed are actually more scientific in nature than spiritual.
    3. If someone tried to introduce boxing in your Child's primary school you might start complaining too. (I started out here in objection to ID being taught in schools.)
    4. I find the debates more interesting than ...[text shortened]... be better off without religion or at least with better educated and more rational theists.
    Hi twhitehead,
    I can acually relate to your replies, thanks a lot for taking the time.
    1 - Agreed. On second thoughts, I might actually debate boxing with someone who is a fanatic, if only for the intelectual exercise!
    2 -Also agreed.
    3 -Unquestionably
    4 - At least some of them - the ones that are not only insulting and derogatory
    5 - I would not go as far as agreeing with your first part, but certainly with your second. Fanatic and uneducated "Christians" actually do more damage to "the cause" than atheists at times. As do fanatical and undecucated atheists.

Again, thanks for your insights.
    In peace
    CJ
  9. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    As for participation in this forum, it is open to anyone who wants to debate about spiritual matters, whether that be pro or con. It is not in any way restricted to those who are favorably inclined toward spirituality.
    Hi rwingett,
    In response to your first paragraph, see my answer to twitehead.
    As far as your quoted statement is concerned, I never denied you participation in this forum - of course your statement is correct. I only wanted some clarification on the motivation of those atheists who did.
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:48
    Bicyclists don't try to control politics and conquer land the way monotheists seem to do in the name of their religion.
    Agreed.

But please clarify: Is your point that actually atheists do NOT try to control politics and conquer land? Or is it that by debating monotheists on RHP that you will stop them from doing that?

Remember, my post was about Motivation.
  11. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Here is a puzzle *I* have been pondering for some time: How come there are so many creationists, IDers, and other anti-science people hanging around the Science Forum trying to denigrate or dissuade rational thinkers of Science from their beliefs?
    That is an excellent question and I could not agree with you more!

However, it does not answer MY question. Or are you merely saying that you are like THEM??!
  12. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:54
    Originally posted by neverB4chess
    You have hit the nail on its head..

All athiests are insecure maniacs... They can't help but vainly ridicule theists. They are ever restless till they succeed in forcing their faithless faith on others who have experienced faith. Just like marxists.. argumentative, loud, angry, never able to reconcile with th ...[text shortened]... ith themselves and also at peace with the world....including the world of athiests.
    Pardon me - but this post also seems a teensy little bit "argumentative, loud angry"..... and not really at peace with itself...
  13. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 15:56
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This is probably the best answer I have seen. Ditto for me too, brother!!
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 May '08 16:05
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Agreed.

But please clarify: Is your point that actually atheists do NOT try to control politics and conquer land? Or is it that by debating monotheists on RHP that you will stop them from doing that?

Remember, my post was about Motivation.
    Or is it that by debating monotheists on RHP that you will stop them from doing that?

That, though I don't expect any dramatic results.
  15. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    17 May '08 16:59
    [b]Or is it that by debating monotheists on RHP that you will stop them from doing that?

That, though I don't expect any dramatic results.[/b]
    So, what you are actually saying is that you are tilting at windmills, or are something of a masochist?
    😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree