1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 20:32
    I see atheist want to play in theist side, and theist want to play in the atheist side. Does this implay any thing?

Any way my ratings is 1300's. And I will be with theist side.
  2. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 20:333 edits
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Is anyone up for a chess challenge between these two factions of the spirituality forum?

I was thinking we play a 20 vs 20 match, for prestige. If you're interested, post your name, rating and which team you'd be playing for and if enough people are interested, I'll see if we can organise it.
    Put me down as a Theist. You can look in my profile for my rating, you lazy git.

I'm playing for the greater glory of Eist Pimpengott and pledge to wear a purple trilby while making all of my moves, as well as sending all in-game taunting in Hrothgarian. What other gods are my teammates on the Theist side playing for? Is anyone playing for the One True God? If so, will these people be sabotaging their teammates' efforts?
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 21:13
    Atheist - 1500's

Is there even anyone to play yet?
  4. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 21:25
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Put me down as a Theist. You can look in my profile for my rating, you lazy git.

I'm playing for the greater glory of Eist Pimpengott and pledge to wear a purple trilby while making all of my moves, as well as sending all in-game taunting in Hrothgarian. What other gods are my teammates on the Theist side playing for? Is anyone playing for the One True God? If so, will these people be sabotaging their teammates' efforts?
    I will play for the theists. I'm in the 1200s right now.

You see, every thousand years, I test each life system in the universe. I visit it with mysteries, earthquakes, unpredicted eclipses, strange craters in the wilderness...If these are taken as natural, I judge that system ignorant and harmless; I spare it.

But if the Hand of Blakbuzzrd is recognized in these events, I judge that system dangerous to Us. I call upon the great god Dyzan, and for his greater glory -- and our mutual pleasure -- I destroy it, utterly.
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 23:13
    I'd like to say that I'm playing for the theists to avoid the loonies. 😉
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 00:04
    I would normally defect to the side of the atheists as several have done, but I will stay on the theist side as they hate me anyway.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 00:08
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I see atheist want to play in theist side, and theist want to play in the atheist side. Does this implay any thing?

Any way my ratings is 1300's. And I will be with theist side.
    This is Great! You and Jaywill will be partners in the faith.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 00:36
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    This is Great! You and Jaywill will be partners in the faith.
    Where is Jaywill?
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 00:37
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Where is Jaywill?
    He's probably in prayer asking God to help him understand the irony. 🙂
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 06:36
    It looks like the theist camp needs some support to even make this match logistically possible. I'll play for the theists.

I will be playing in the name of Chomolungma (Goddess Mother of the World), a.k.a. Mount Everest. Don't let Her rocky, inanimate appearance fool you!
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 07:42
    I'll join the atheists team even though it seems to be composed mostly of Christians. My rating varies depending on how much time I take to think about each move. 1400 to 1700.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 09:56
    Hmm, the lack of theists in this thread seems to be having a strange effect on the atheist team; they're all converting! This suggests to me that the best way of bringing god to the masses is in fact to be very, very quiet.

Anyhow, we need more theists for this to work, it somewhat undermines the nature of the idea if it's atheists against atheists.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 11:04
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Is anyone up for a chess challenge between these two factions of the spirituality forum?
    I'd rather stick nails in my eyes.
  14. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 14:24
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I'd rather stick nails in my eyes.
    Perhaps it should be a match between those who prefer nails in their eyes and those who prefer nails in their hands and feet.
  15. London
    Moves
    01 Dec '06 14:31
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    Perhaps it should be a match between those who prefer nails in their eyes and those who prefer nails in their hands and feet.
    Although, given your avatar, it's not entirely clear which group you'd belong to. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree