1. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 15:06
    Is anyone up for a chess challenge between these two factions of the spirituality forum?

I was thinking we play a 20 vs 20 match, for prestige. If you're interested, post your name, rating and which team you'd be playing for and if enough people are interested, I'll see if we can organise it.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 15:09
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Is anyone up for a chess challenge between these two factions of the spirituality forum?

I was thinking we play a 20 vs 20 match, for prestige. If you're interested, post your name, rating and which team you'd be playing for and if enough people are interested, I'll see if we can organise it.
    I'd be up for it. Currently I'm rated 1752. While I am actually a True X X Xian, I would like to play for the team that is not comprised of theists.
  3. Gangster Land
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 15:20
    Originally posted by telerion
    I'd be up for it. Currently I'm rated 1752. While I am actually a True X X Xian, I would like to play for the team that is not comprised of theists.
    I would like to play. I'm rated 1228 and I'm also a Christian but generally argue for the 'other side' and would like to play for the non-theist team.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 16:40

I'd go for that. It'll be the Armageddon match.
  5. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 16:50

I'm 1622 at the moment so I'll give it a go , sounds fun. I'll play for the the theists. So far we seem to have some christians who want to play for the other side. How about some atheists playing for us? EX-Atheist defectors always make really good Christians in real life , they might make good chess players too.
  6. London
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 16:56

Well, my current rating's 1567 and I'm (obviously) a Christian but, in the spirit of Christian charity, am happy to offer my chess-playing services to the atheist side.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:02
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Well, my current rating's 1567 and I'm (obviously) a Christian but, in the spirit of Christian charity, am happy to offer my chess-playing services to the atheist side.
    Lol! I think you should rather play for the theist side and play in a truly Christian way - if your opponent takes your rook, offer him your other rook, etc.

I'm up for it. Nordlys, current rating 1610, playing for the atheist side, although I'd rather call myself agnostic.
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:02
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Lol, well not to refuse charity, but we'll put you in for the theists for the time being.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:04
    This is hilarious, with three Christian defections already. It will be interesting to see if the theists can actually assemble a team, or if they are all too ashamed of each other to cooperate.
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:05
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This is hilarious, with three Christian defections already. It will be interesting to see if the theists can actually assemble a team, or if they are all too ashamed of each other to cooperate.
    Are you in, punker?
  11. The sky
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:07
    This is hilarious, with three Christian defections already.
    Three? Are you counting telerion as a Christian?
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:08
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Yes
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:10
    Are you in, punker?
    The match isn't even going to take place, and you know it. Nobody wants to play for the theists.
  14. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:11
    I think this should actually be called the Challenge Grail.
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    30 Nov '06 17:16
    Originally posted by Nordlys

Yes
    What did I ever do to you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree