1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 May '14 13:42
    Tradition says that the Pentateuch are all written by Moses. Wikipedia says in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentateuch :

”Today most academic scholars say that the Torah has multiple authors, and that its composition took place over centuries.”

What is right and what is wrong? Did Moses really write Genesis through Deuteronomy?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '14 19:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ”Today most academic scholars say that the Torah has multiple authors, and that its composition took place over centuries.”

What is right and what is wrong? Did Moses really write Genesis through Deuteronomy?
    You are going to believe the people on this forum over 'most academic scholars'?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 May '14 20:51
    You can really only get two possible answers on this forum:
    1. I believe the author is ..... because I am required to do so for religious reasons.
    2. The authors are probably ..... as most scholars agree, references are ......
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are going to believe the people on this forum over 'most academic scholars'?
    The last people I would believe are the so-called academic scholars.

And, btw, who says most academic scholars say the Pentateuch was written by multiple authors?

Propaganda is all it is.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '14 23:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Tradition says that the Pentateuch are all written by Moses. Wikipedia says in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentateuch :

So what? Most people say there is no God. Most people are wrong about most everything. Most people believe most anything.

Only a few believe God.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '14 08:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    So who are the first people you would believe? Why would you believe them over academic scholars?

And, btw, who says most academic scholars say the Pentateuch was written by multiple authors?
    Wikipedia.

Propaganda is all it is.
    Why do you think that? Do you think everything on Wikipedia is propaganda, or do you have specific reasons to believe this is the case in this instance eg do you know the real statistics of academic scholarly opinion?

Or are you just thinking of negative things to say about a conclusion you don't like?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '14 08:36
    So what? Most people say there is no God. Most people are wrong about most everything. Most people believe most anything.

Only a few believe God.
    Can you substantiate any of those claims or is propaganda all it is?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 May '14 09:37

Propaganda is all it is.
    All believe that Deuteronomy was completed by someone other than Moses, since it is unlikely that he recorded his own death.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '14 11:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All believe that Deuteronomy was completed by someone other than Moses, since it is unlikely that he recorded his own death.
    Why is that unlikely? Surely if all the writing was coming from God anyway, then there would be no difficulties with him recording his own death. If the writing did not come from God, then how would the writers have known about the many things recorded in the books that they could not possibly have known without assistance from God?
    It seems to me that you are being inconsistent.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '14 12:07
    So what? Most people say there is no God.
    Actually, I think you'll find that most people say there is a God.

If you're not a reliable source on such a simple and verifiable matter as this, what credibility do you think your "The last people I would believe are the so-called academic scholars" thing has?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 May '14 12:45
    Originally posted by FMF

If you're not a reliable source on such a simple and verifiable matter as this, what credibility do you think your "The last people I would believe are the so-called academic scholars" thing has?
    I would say his two other claims are also wrong.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '14 12:51
    I would say his two other claims are also wrong.
    I was keeping my powder dry.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 May '14 14:07
    Originally posted by FMF

I didn't say most people don't believe in God. I said only a few believe God.

Everyone knows there is a creator God. Many deny it. A lot say they believe in God or there is a God, but only a few believe God.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 May '14 14:14
    So who are the first people you would believe? Why would you believe them over academic scholars?

[b]And, btw, who says most academic scholars say the Pentateuch was written by multiple authors?

Wikipedia.

Propaganda is all it is.
    Why do you think that? Do you think everything on Wikipedia is propaganda, or do you have specific reasons ...[text shortened]... pinion?

Or are you just thinking of negative things to say about a conclusion you don't like?[/b]
    Wikipedia is a place, not a reliable source of truth about God or His Word.

Any so-called scholarly opinion that contradicts the truth of God's Word is a lie.

And yes, for fun I think of negative things to say about things I disagree with. 🙄
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 May '14 14:42
    I didn't say most people don't believe in God.
    You said "Most people say there is no God." This is false.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree