1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 01:57
    at first i asked why does god allow it? then i thought maybe God doesnt cause it, maybe humans did with biological warfare or something. but the cause is crucial, if the cause is natural then the question is why does God allow it? if the cause is us, then what happens to an autistic person he they die? do they live in heaven or hell autistic, do they just cease to exist, or do they magically get cured of autism?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:01
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    at first i asked why does god allow it? then i thought maybe God doesnt cause it, maybe humans did with biological warfare or something. but the cause is crucial, if the cause is natural then the question is why does God allow it? if the cause is us, then what happens to an autistic person he they die? do they live in heaven or hell autistic, do they just cease to exist, or do they magically get cured of autism?
    Why do you see autism so extremely negatively? And why are you only interested in a Christian point of view?
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:02
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Why do you see autism so extremely negatively? And why are you only interested in a Christian point of view?
    because i am a christian, and there is nothing wrong with an autism person, only that they dont get the chance to experience or know what we do
  4. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:03
    because i am a christian, and there is nothing wrong with an autism person, only that they dont get the chance to experience or know what we do
    But you don't get to experience or know what an autistic person knows either.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:04
    Originally posted by reader1107
    But you don't get to experience or know what an autistic person knows either.
    yes i did, when i was a baby. autism is like a slow maturing
  6. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:112 edits
    yes i did, when i was a baby. autism is like a slow maturing
    Not even close. You're describing someone who's developmentally delayed. Autism is nothing like that. http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/

etc.

edit: I can't find the web site I really want 😳

edit again: http://www.wrongplanet.net/ Found it! I kept looking for "different planet"
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:14
    Not even close. You're describing someone who's developmentally delayed. Autism is nothing like that. http://www.autism-society.org/site/PageServer
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/

etc.
    Main Entry: au·tism
    Pronunciation: 'o-"ti-z&m
    Function: noun
    : a variable developmental disorder that appears by age three and is characterized by impairment of the ability to form normal social relationships, by impairment of the ability to communicate with others, and by stereotyped behavior patterns

ok i was a little off (i think i described one type of autism), but there was a time when we were in a sense "autistic" and it was when we were young. when we couldnt socialize
  8. The sky
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:16
    Main Entry: au·tism
    Pronunciation: 'o-"ti-z&m
    Function: noun
    : a variable developmental disorder that appears by age three and is characterized by impairment of the ability to form normal social relationships, by impairment of the ability to communicate with others, and by stereotyped behavior patterns

ok i was a little off (i think i described o ...[text shortened]... when we were in a sense "autistic" and it was when we were young. when we couldnt socialize
    There's a lot more to it than a dictionary definition gives you.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:20
    There's a lot more to it than a dictionary definition gives you.
    but did we not experience that when we were young? (can we get back on topic?)
  10. The sky
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:24
    I thought the topic was autism. No, "normal" people don't get to experience the same thing as being autistic when they are very young.
  11. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:26
    I thought the topic was autism. No, "normal" people don't get to experience the same thing as being autistic when they are very young.
    youre still getting off topic, this is what being a troll is
  12. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:27
    No, when people who are not on the autistim spectrum were young, they did not have the same *experiences* as you put it as those who are. It is a way of perceiving and experiencing and relating to the world. Assuming for the sake of argument that you had a loving mother who held you and did the average mother sort of things with you, when you were an infant you were able to react to your mother's face and other cues. You learned that smiling caused her to smile, and you guaged your reactions to hers. As time passed, you were also able to do this with other people. You learned to interpret their body language much sooner than you understood and spoke words. In fact, it was this ability that facilitated your ability to learn your language. Where one is on the autism spectrum determines how far from yours their experiences were and/or are. But an autistic infant and toddler would not have those skills of interpreting facial expressions -- and may not even be able to differentiate between people and other objects.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:301 edit
    No, when people who are not on the autistim spectrum were young, they did not have the same *experiences* as you put it as those who are. It is a way of perceiving and experiencing and relating to the world. Assuming for the sake of argument that you had a loving mother who held you and did the average mother sort of things with you, when you were an in cial expressions -- and may not even be able to differentiate between people and other objects.
    good point, youre right; i see the difference now. lets get back on topic
  14. The sky
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:32
    youre still getting off topic, this is what being a troll is
    How so? What's this thread about if it's not about autism? And if your whole argument is based on the view that autism is something terrible which God shouldn't have allowed, how is it not relevant to challenge this view which most autistic people I know vehemently disagree with?
  15. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 02:32
    To be autistic involves a physical reality of how the brain works one way in some people and another way in other people. The people doing most of the talking are the ones saying that their way is the "correct" way, so to speak. How do you know that we don't all become autistic in heaven or hell, that we're cured from not being autistic? Since heaven and hell aren't physical, geographical locations, bodily questions are a moot point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree