autism(Christian POV only)

autism(Christian POV only)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
16 Jan 07

i see what youre saying, then why did God allow us to not be autistic?

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
i see what youre saying, then why did God allow us to not be autistic?
Because variety is important. Red roses aren't the only flower. Roses themselves come in all different colors and kinds, and that's just the tip of the floral iceberg. We learn more and become better people by being around a variety of people and getting to know them.

E

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by reader1107
Because variety is important. Red roses aren't the only flower. Roses themselves come in all different colors and kinds, and that's just the tip of the floral iceberg. We learn more and become better people by being around a variety of people and getting to know them.
so if variety is important, do we need bad people also? and evil?

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
16 Jan 07

Also, your original post shows just how important it is to get to know a wider variety of people. You only wanted to know the Christian point of view because you're Christian. That's like going to a library and only reading books with pink covers. Are you so positive that people of no other religion on the planet have anything to contribute to the discussion?

E

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by reader1107
Also, your original post shows just how important it is to get to know a wider variety of people. You only wanted to know the Christian point of view because you're Christian. That's like going to a library and only reading books with pink covers. Are you so positive that people of no other religion on the planet have anything to contribute to the discussion?
the reason i said that is because atheists wouldve said there is no heaven and hell, and people of other religions or no religions would turn this into a debate of which religion is correct, and nobody will convince me to change my mind and i wont convince anyone else to change their minds.

N

The sky

Moves
16 Jan 07

the reason i said that is because atheists wouldve said there is no heaven and hell, and people of other religions or no religions would turn this into a debate of which religion is correct, and nobody will convince me to change my mind and i wont convince anyone else to change their minds.
But parts of your questions aren't specific to Christianity. And I still don't see why you completely reject any information about autism as trolling, at least if it comes from me. If it's because I am not Christian, here's a site by an autistic Christian: http://thiswayoflife.org/index.html
It doesn't deal with your Christianity-related questions, but I don't think you can address those without any knowledge of autism.

E

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
But parts of your questions aren't specific to Christianity. And I still don't see why you completely reject any information about autism as trolling, at least if it comes from me. If it's because I am not Christian, here's a site by an autistic Christian: http://thiswayoflife.org/index.html
It doesn't deal with your Christianity-related questions, but I don't think you can address those without any knowledge of autism.
i think my question was answered by reader, that variety is important; that there is nothing wrong with being autistic or not being autistic

w

Moves
16 Jan 07
1 edit

at first i asked why does god allow it? then i thought maybe God doesnt cause it, maybe humans did with biological warfare or something. but the cause is crucial, if the cause is natural then the question is why does God allow it? if the cause is us, then what happens to an autistic person he they die? do they live in heaven or hell autistic, do they just cease to exist, or do they magically get cured of autism?
I think your question is why does God allow bad things to happen to good people? In reality, it has little to do with autism specifically. All I can say is that sin in the world is what causes such heart ache. For example, what did Christ do to deserve his fate? As I recall he was sinless yet he died in the worst possible manner. He suffered because he simply existed in a sinful world. I think you will find that sin does not discriminate between innocent and the guilty. It is an equal oppurtunity oppressor.

As far as who makes it to heaven and who does not, I say this question is pointless. You either believe that Chrsit died for all and to save all and that God is a just and merciful judge or you do not. In the end, the decision is not yours or mine to make so why are you trying?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
16 Jan 07

Guys, I'm going to post a thread but only post in it if you are going to agree with me. Oh and don't actually discuss the content of the thread just agree with me.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Jan 07

at first i asked why does god allow it? then i thought maybe God doesnt cause it, maybe humans did with biological warfare or something. but the cause is crucial, if the cause is natural then the question is why does God allow it? if the cause is us, then what happens to an autistic person he they die? do they live in heaven or hell autistic, do they just cease to exist, or do they magically get cured of autism?
at first i asked why does god allow it?
Part of the purchase price, unfortunately. When Adam decided he wanted the woman out of the Garden instead of God in the Garden, he chose the system of good and evil over the system of life. I think it's fairly safe to say that he made the wrong decision.

The corruption that entered into the perfect world that God recreated specifcially for the human race was such that everything came under attack. As seen in one of the posts herein, autism occurs as a genetic defect, i.e., abnormal. Sucks not being perfect, huh.

do they live in heaven or hell autistic, do they just cease to exist, or do they magically get cured of autism?
As with any person ever born, we all have a responsibility for our own choices. That responsibility is tempered by our level of accountability. If the issue of salvation is never perspicuous to us, we are not held accountable. Depending upon the level of retardation, a developmentally-challenged person may never make it to a level of accountability. Such a person is automatically saved.

Like all saved people, upon death they are face-to-face with God. Until the second advent, they are in interim bodies. At the second advent, all of those who are saved will receive resurrection bodies--- free of defect, abnormalities and etc.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Guys, I'm going to post a thread but only post in it if you are going to agree with me. Oh and don't actually discuss the content of the thread just agree with me.
Ha ha! Well said.

P-

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
16 Jan 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Please include inaccuracies. Thank you.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Jan 07

Maybe read the book of Job from the Bible and you might get an Idea of why God allows things to happen.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
17 Jan 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
Maybe read the book of Job from the Bible and you might get an Idea of why God allows things to happen.
I've read Job. A couple of thoughts come to me. At least in Job there are a couple of conflicting messages. One is that "man is born to trouble as surely as the sparks fly upward." The other is that God has a partnership with Satan in Job's suffering. What's your take on it?

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
17 Jan 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
I've read Job. A couple of thoughts come to me. At least in Job there are a couple of conflicting messages. One is that "man is born to trouble as surely as the sparks fly upward." The other is that God has a partnership with Satan in Job's suffering. What's your take on it?
God's partnership with Satan is merely to not intervene. Job is a righteous man, nearly as righteous as yourself. His faith will bring him through the series of catastrophes, and God knows that. That's why God doesn't intervene in this case. My guess is the message would be that each person receives the amount of intervention they need to get through traumas, but that unfortunate events are inevitable as we live on a planet surrounded by other humans.