1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 07:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You did not read that last paragraph carefully or else you do not know what the word "apostasy" means.
    And just how is a punishment for "apostasy" a threat to Christians? Saudi Arabia is not a country that beheads people for refusing to become Muslims; I have several friends and acquaintances working - or who have worked - in Saudi Arabia who are Christians [and atheists, for that matter] and none of them were subject to a law making provision for "beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet". None of them.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 07:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    And just how is a punishment for "apostasy" a threat to Christians? Saudi Arabia is not a country that beheads people for refusing to become Muslims; I have several friends and acquaintances working - or who have worked - in Saudi Arabia who are Christians [and atheists, for that matter] and none of them were subject to a law making provision for "beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet". None of them.
    The prophecy in Revelation has not been fulfilled yet. Everything is getting in
    place. It is just a matter of time. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 07:391 edit
    The prophecy in Revelation has not been fulfilled yet. Everything is getting in
    place. It is just a matter of time.
    There are around 1,500,000,000 Muslims in the world, as far as I know. How many were beheaded by their governments for "apostasy" in, say, 2011? And yet you claim that Islam is a religion "that promotes the beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet". How is it doing in that regard?

The prophecy in Revelation has not been fulfilled yet.

But only just the other day you claimed not to understand Revelation. You can't have it both ways.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 07:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are around 1,500,000,000 Muslims in the world, as far as I know. How many were beheaded by their governments for "apostasy" in, say, 2011? And yet you claim that Islam is a religion "that promotes the beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet". How is it doing in that regard?

[b]The prophecy in Revelation ...[text shortened]... y just the other day you claimed not to understand Revelation. You can't have it both ways.
    I only copied and pasted part of that link. Beheading has been common practice
    from the time when Mohammed started doing it. It is just being restrained
    for a little while, but it will not last. Watch out.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 08:07
    I only copied and pasted part of that link. Beheading has been common practice from the time when Mohammed started doing it. It is just being restrained for a little while, but it will not last. Watch out.
    How many Muslim majority countries use beheading in their penal code? Is the number of countries increasing or decreasing? Historically, beheading has been "common practice" in many, many countries including Japan, Britain, Germany, Spain, and Mexico; France, too, until relatively recently (only 30 years ago or so). No one disputes that the regime in Saudi Arabia is brutal, especially when its grip on political power is threatened - and in my view, capital punishment is indefensible, in all circumstances. "Beheading" is on its way out, historically, and across the world. If your "It is just being restrained for a little while" comment is supposed to address this, then I think it does not succeed.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 08:27
    Beheading has been common practice from the time when Mohammed started doing it.
    I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Beheading has been used all over the world for thousands of years. Mohammed didn't "start" doing it in any context or perspective, whether it be geographical or legal. It has been common place until relatively recently. Indeed, one could say that there may never have been so little beheading going on in the Muslim world, and in the wider world, as there is now. It kind of puts your copypasteblogosphereYouTube-fuelled diatribe into perspective, I think.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 08:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. Beheading has been used all over the world for thousands of years. Mohammed didn't "start" doing it in any context or perspective, whether it be geographical or legal. It has been common place until relatively recently. Indeed, one could say that there may never have been so little beheading going on in the Muslim ...[text shortened]... t kind of puts your copypasteblogosphereYouTube-fuelled diatribe into perspective, I think.
    Maybe you are ignornat of the history.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 08:54
    Maybe you are ignornat of the history.
    Well I took a moment to write that last post in reply to yours. Why not extend a courtesy by mentioning which bit of what I said was "ignorant" of history, in your view?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I took a moment to write that last post in reply to yours. Why not extend a courtesy by mentioning which bit of what I said was "ignorant" of history, in your view?
    I think you will find that after Muhammed began doing it, it became very popular amoung the Muslims. That became the favorite way of executing their enemy.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:10
    I think you will find that after Muhammed began doing it, it became very popular amoung the Muslims. That became the favorite way of executing their enemy.
    Beheading enemies and criminals was commonplace for centuries and centuries, all over the world, before "Muhammed began doing it". There certainly has never been so little beheading going on in the world, including the Muslim world, as there is now. A bit of historical context for your paranoia, I reckon.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Beheading enemies and criminals was commonplace for centuries and centuries, all over the world, before "Muhammed began doing it". There certainly has never been so little beheading going on in the world, including the Muslim world, as there is now. A bit of historical context for your paranoia, I reckon.
    It is not over yet. Do you see something about the blood of the saints there?
    The saints are Christians.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:32
    The saints are Christians.
    So there are no "saints" before Christ?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So there are no "saints" before Christ?
    You got it. Off to bed I go. 😴
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 09:40
    You got it. Off to bed I go. 😴
    Remember not to sign on as dasa in the morning...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree