1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 04:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which Muslim majority countries in the world have such a law?
    The issue of sharia law versus secular law gained new scrutiny in 2011 in the wake of uprisings in several Arab countries, such as Libya, Tunisia, and Egypt, which ousted pro-Western autocrats and helped Islamist political parties gain prominence. A 2010 Pew poll conducted in seven countries including Egypt found strong support for Islam in politics and for harsh punishments for crimes such as theft, adultery, and conversion away from Islam. At the same time, a majority of those polled in every country except Pakistan believed democracy is the best form of governance. Whether democracy and Islam can coexist is a topic of heated debate. Some Islamists argue democracy is a purely Western concept imposed on Muslim countries.

Countries using strict forms of Sharia Law include:

Death for Blasphemy:

1. Afghanistan
    2. Bahrain
    3. Iran
    4. Mauritania
    5. Oman
    6. Pakistan
    7. Yemen
    8. Saudi Arabia
    9. Gaza

Imprisonment for Blasphemy:

1. Algeria
    2. Bangladesh
    3. Egypt
    4. Iraq
    5. Kuwait
    6. Libya
    7. Malaysia
    8. Maldives
    9. Morocco
    10. Somalia
    11. Tunisia
    12. United Arab Emirates
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 04:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Countries using strict forms of Sharia Law include: [...]

Death for Blasphemy:

[...]

Imprisonment for Blasphemy: [...]
    What I asked you was which countries have laws calling for the "beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet", as you suggested? That was your explicit claim: can you substantiate it?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 04:592 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What I asked you was which countries have laws calling for the "beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet", as you suggested? That was your explicit claim: can you substantiate it?
    Sharia law can include beheading and they write of it in the Quran. The muslims
    terrorist did it to an American Journalist. Revelation prophecies about the
    beheading of the Saints. It is just a matter of time.

P.S.
    YouTube
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 05:05
    Sharia law can include beheading and they write of it in the Quran. The muslims
    terrorist did it to an American Journalist. Revelation prohecies about the
    beheading of the Saints. It is just a matter of time.

P.S.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vidt7UEiDAI
    I will ask once more. Why the evasion?

Which countries - please list them - have laws that involve the "beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet", as you have claimed? The American journalist you mentioned was not beheaded by a country nor was his beheading in accordance with the law of any country. You can either substantiate your claim or you can't. It appears you cannot.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 05:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    I will ask once more. Why the evasion?

Which countries - please list them - have laws that involve the "beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet", as you have claimed? The American journalist you mentioned was not beheaded by a country nor was his beheading in accordance with the law of any country. You can either substantiate your claim or you can't. It appears you cannot.
    I do not know. But they do it anyway.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 05:23
    I do not know. But they do it anyway.
    You make the claim and then when asked to substantiate it, you say "I do not know". Your not exhibiting much self-respect here, RJHinds.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 05:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    You make the claim and then when asked to substantiate it, you say "I do not know". Your not exhibiting much self-respect here, RJHinds.
    I said religion, not nation. You are always trying to misrepresent what others
    say to start an argument and accuse them of lying, just like you did with Dasa.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 05:49
    I said religion, not nation. You are always trying to misrepresent what others
    say to start an argument and accuse them of lying, just like you did with Dasa.
    So you concede that "beheading people who do not accept ... Mohammad as [their] prophet" isn't the "law" in any country where Islam influences/controls the government, pretty much the same as Mosaic Law is not enforced in any country where Christianity or Christians influence the government?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 06:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you concede that "beheading people who do not accept ... Mohammad as [their] prophet" isn't the "law" in any country where Islam influences/controls the government, pretty much the same as Mosaic Law is not enforced in any country where Christianity or Christians influence the government?
    This is what I posted:

"I think that the harlot (false religious system) could be Islam since it is the current religious system that controls all of the geographic area of the ancient Babylonian Empire. It is also the only religion on the planet that promotes the beheading of anyone who does not accept Allah as the only god and Mohammad as his prophet. Most of their land is wilderness. Islam is supposed to be controlled by a Caliphate system, where their political system is 100% determined by a religious system called Sharia law. Islam is certainly a common denominator when we compare it to characteristics of “Babylon the Great”.

So where did I say that a country had such a law? It is their religious systm
    that promotes this action of beheading. Did you look at that video? Or do you
    need another link to it?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 06:12
    So where did I say that a country had such a law? It is their religious systm
    that promotes this action of beheading.
    And I asked you to name any 'Islam-dominated' countries where such a "law", involving beheading people refusing to become Muslims, has been enacted, and you could not. That is the clearly the salient point when it comes to considering 'Islam in power/Islam in government', surely, and not what method some terrorists or murderers have chosen to use to slaughter their victims in relatively isolated cases of homicide? It does you no credit to pretend to not understand what is being discussed.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 06:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    And I asked you to name any 'Islam-dominated' countries where such a "law", involving beheading people refusing to become Muslims, has been enacted, and you could not. That is the clearly the salient point when it comes to considering 'Islam in power/Islam in government', surely, and not what method some terrorists or murderers have chosen to use to slaughter th ...[text shortened]... s of homicide? It does you no credit to pretend to not understand what is being discussed.
    It appears that you do not understand or do not want to understand what I am
    discussing. The later seems more likely.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 06:28
    It appears that you do not understand or do not want to understand what I am discussing. The later seems more likely.
    Well, we have established that you cannot point to one example - not even one - of this "law" [where people refusing to become Muslim get beheaded] being enacted in a Muslim country, even where the political system is 100% controlled or influenced by Muslims, even those of the most profoundly reactionary and conservative kind. Kind of puts your diatribe into perspective.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 06:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, we have established that you cannot point to one example - not even one - of this "law" [where people refusing to become Muslim get beheaded] being enacted in a Muslim country, even where the political system is 100% controlled or influenced by Muslims, even those of the most profoundly reactionary and conservative kind. Kind of puts your diatribe into perspective.
    Images of masked terrorists standing behind Western hostages in Iraq and Saudi Arabia have become all too common on Arabic satellite stations such as Al-Jazeera and Al-Manar. Islamist websites such as Muntadiyat al-Mahdi go further, streaming video of their murder.

The February 2002 decapitation of Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, true to its intention, horrified the Western audience. Chechen rebels, egged on by Islamist benefactors, had adopted the practice four years earlier, but the absence of widely broadcast videos limited the psychological impact of hostage decapitation. The Pearl murder and video catalyzed the resurgence of this historical Islamic practice. In Iraq, terrorists filmed the beheadings of Americans Nicholas Berg, Jack Hensley, and Eugene Armstrong. Other victims include Turks, an Egyptian, a Korean, Bulgarians, a British businessman, and a Nepalese. Scores of Iraqis, both Kurds and Arabs, have also fallen victim to Islamist terrorists' knives. The new fad in terrorist brutality has extended to Saudi Arabia where Islamist terrorists murdered American businessman Paul Johnson, whose head was later discovered in a freezer in an Al-Qaeda hideout. A variation upon this theme would be the practice of Islamists slitting the throats of those opponents they label infidels. This is what happened to Dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh, first gunned down and then mutilated on an Amsterdam street, and to an Egyptian Coptic family in New Jersey after the father had angered Islamists with Internet chat room criticisms of Islam.

Groups such as Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi's Al-Tawhid wa al-Jihad (Unity and Jihad) and Abu 'Abd Allah al-Hasan bin Mahmud's Ansar al-Sunna (Defenders of [Prophetic] Tradition)[10] justify the decapitation of prisoners with Qur'anic scripture. Sura (chapter) 47 contains the ayah (verse): "When you encounter the unbelievers on the battlefield, strike off their heads until you have crushed them completely; then bind the prisoners tightly."

Another, albeit less-frequently, cited Qur'anic passage also sanctions beheadings of non-Muslims. Sura 8:12 reads: "I will cast dread into the hearts of the unbelievers. Strike off their heads, then, and strike off all of their fingertips." In the original text, the relevant phrase is adrabu fawq al-'anaq, "strike over their necks." This verse is, then, a corollary to Sura 47:3. Yusuf 'Ali is one of the few modern commentators who addresses this passage, interpreting it as utilitarian: the neck is among the only areas not protected by armor, and mutilating an opponent's hands prevents him from again wielding his sword or spear. The point of this opening phrase—to "cast dread" or, as some translations have it, "instill terror"—has now been adopted by Islamist terrorists to justify decapitation of hostages.

The practice of beheading non-Muslim captives extends back to the Prophet himself. Ibn Ishaq (d. 768 C.E.), the earliest biographer of Muhammad, is recorded as saying that the Prophet ordered the execution by decapitation of 700 men of the Jewish Banu Qurayza tribe in Medina for allegedly plotting against him.

Examples of decapitation, of both the living and the dead, in Islamic history are myriad. Yusuf b. Tashfin (d. 1106) led the Al-Murabit (Almoravid) Empire to conquer from western Sahara to central Spain. After the battle of Zallaqa in 1086, he had 24,000 corpses of the defeated Castilians beheaded "and piled them up to make a sort of minaret for the muezzins who, standing on the piles of headless cadavers, sang the praises of Allah." He then had the detached heads sent to all the major cities of North Africa and Spain as an example of Christian impotence. The Al-Murabits were conquered the following century by the Al-Muwahhids (Almohads), under whose rule Castilian Christian enemies were beheaded after any lost battles.

The Ottoman Empire was the decapitation state par excellence. Upon the Ottoman victory over Christian Serbs at the battle of Kosovo in 1389, the Muslim army beheaded the Serbian king and scores of Christian prisoners. At the battle of Varna in 1444, the Ottomans beheaded King Ladislaus of Hungary and "put his head at the tip of a long pike … and brandished it toward the Poles and Hungarians." Upon the fall of Constantinople, the Ottomans sent the head of the dead Byzantine emperor on tour to major cities in the sultan's domains. The Ottomans even beheaded at least one Eastern Orthodox patriarch. In 1456, the sultan allowed the grand mufti of the empire to personally decapitate King Stephen of Bosnia and his sons—even though they had surrendered and, seven decades later, the sultan ordered 2,000 Hungarian prisoners beheaded. In the early nineteenth century, even the British fell victim to the Ottoman scimitar. An 1807 British expedition to Egypt resulted in "a few hundred spiked British heads left rotting in the sun outside Rosetta."

Beheading has particular prominence in Saudi Arabia. In 2003 alone, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia beheaded more than fifty people. This number included both Muslim and non-Muslim workers. Over the past two decades, the Saudis have decapitated at least 1,100 for alleged crimes ranging from drug running to witchcraft and apostasy. The Saudi government not only uses beheadings to punish criminals but also to terrorize potential opponents. One famous example involved a Saudi national guardsman named Juhayman al-'Utaybi. In late 1979, the start of the fifteenth century in the Islamic calendar, 'Utaybi declared his brother-in-law Muhammad bin Abd Allah al-Qahtani to be the Mahdi. They seized control of the holy mosque in Mecca and called on all Saudis to rise up against the government in Riyadh. The house of Saud responded forcibly with a shock-and-awe campaign. After a bloody battle, they regained control of the holy mosque. Within weeks, they had hunted down and either killed or captured the Mahdists. In early 1980, the Saudi government publicly beheaded 'Utaybi and his imprisoned followers. While outsiders may consider the Saudi practice barbaric, most Saudi executions are swift, completed in one sword blow. Zarqawi and his followers have chosen a slow, torturous sawing method to terrorize the Western audience.

http://www.meforum.org/713/beheading-in-the-name-of-islam
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 07:06
    Beheading has particular prominence in Saudi Arabia. In 2003 alone, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia beheaded more than fifty people. This number included both Muslim and non-Muslim workers.
    That beheading is part of the penal code in Saudi Arabia is not in dispute. That capital punishment is an atrocity in all cases, for me at least, is a given. What you cannot show, however, is that Saudi Arabia "behead[s] people who do not accept Mohammad as [their] prophet". So, you still have no example of a Muslim country where the political system is 100% controlled or influenced by Islam - not even even one as reactionary and conservative as Saudi Arabia - where people are beheaded for the reason you claimed?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 07:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    That beheading is part of the penal code in Saudi Arabia is not in dispute. That capital punishment is an atrocity in all cases, for me at least, is a given. What you cannot show, however, is that Saudi Arabia "behead[s] people who do not accept Mohammad as [their] prophet". So, you still have no example of a Muslim country where the political system is 100% con ...[text shortened]... onary and conservative as Saudi Arabia - where people are beheaded for the reason you claimed?
    You did not read that last paragraph carefully or else you do not know what the
    word "apostasy" means.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree