1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93394
    29 Mar '12 08:39
    god created satan, gave him free will. where did satan get his 'evil' from as there was no outside influence. why did satan develop such a hatred for his creator. did god make him this way on purpose?
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    29 Mar '12 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    god created satan, gave him free will. where did satan get his 'evil' from as there was no outside influence. why did satan develop such a hatred for his creator. did god make him this way on purpose?
    He was desirous of the worship that was due to God, became a megalomaniac and
    rebelled against Gods sovereignty. There is a rather interesting passage in Ezekiel
    which although primarily directed towards the King of Tyre has a prophetic application
    with regard to Satan which describes how his megalomania ensued. The term Satan
    itself means means adversary, for he set himself up in opposition to the true God. As
    Gods creation is perfect and each creature including the angelic ones (Satan was of
    course an angel) have the faculty of free will, it cannot be stated that God was in any
    way responsible for the actions of this rebellious angel.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93394
    29 Mar '12 10:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    He was desirous of the worship that was due to God, became a megalomaniac and
    rebelled against Gods sovereignty. There is a rather interesting passage in Ezekiel
    which although primarily directed towards the King of Tyre has a prophetic application
    with regard to Satan which describes how his megalomania ensued. The term Satan
    itself means m ...[text shortened]... cannot be stated that God was in any
    way responsible for the actions of this rebellious angel.
    when given free will a person will still only act within the confines of their own personality. satan was jealous of god, why? why was it part of his personality structure? if an angel is surrounded by love and there is nothing bad in the universe where would this nugget of evil come from? either he learnt it from somewhere, or god hardwired it into him or evil existed outside of god and could ingrain itself into a creature outside of gods will. free will isnt an answer. if free will could sprout evil without any negative input that implies who we become is pure luck and that poor old satan had no choice to be good or bad. its also rather odd that god creates these angels to be good, but when one goes bad he doenst go just a bit off the track he becomes the most evil,sadistic entity thats ever existed, yet god takes no responsibility. he must at least feel a bit guilty for creating something that turned out so bad.

    ill shall have a gander of this ezekiel.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    29 Mar '12 11:093 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    when given free will a person will still only act within the confines of their own personality. satan was jealous of god, why? why was it part of his personality structure? if an angel is surrounded by love and there is nothing bad in the universe where would this nugget of evil come from? either he learnt it from somewhere, or god hardwired it into him ...[text shortened]... uilty for creating something that turned out so bad.

    ill shall have a gander of this ezekiel.
    if you have the faculty of free will, its impossible to be hard wired to a course of evil,
    where did the motivation to oppose God come from, himself! why does he desire
    worship that should solely be directed towards God, megalomania! Consider these
    few verses,

    (Matthew 4:8-9) . . .Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain,
    and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, and he said to him:
    “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to
    me.. . .


    Clearly he desires to be worshipped!

    (Ezekiel 28:12-17) . . .“‘“You are sealing up a pattern, full of wisdom and perfect in
    beauty.  In Eden, the garden of God, you proved to be. Every precious stone was
    your covering, ruby, topaz and jasper; chrysolite, onyx and jade; sapphire,
    turquoise and emerald; and of gold was the workmanship of your settings and your
    sockets in you. In the day of your being created they were made ready.  You are
    the anointed cherub
    that is covering, and I have set you. On the holy mountain
    of God you proved to be. In the midst of fiery stones you walked about.  You were
    faultless in your ways from the day of your being created until unrighteousness was
    found in you.  “‘“Because of the abundance of your sales goods they filled the midst
    of you with violence, and you began to sin. And I shall put you as profane out of the
    mountain of God, and I shall destroy you, O cherub that is covering, from the midst
    of the fiery stones.  “‘“Your heart became haughty because of your beauty. You
    brought your wisdom to ruin on account of your beaming splendour. Onto the earth I
    will throw you. . .



    Although this is primarily directed towards the King of Tyre clearly there are certain
    prophetic characteristics which may lead us to deduce that its also with reference to
    Satan, anointed cherub, garden of Eden, self righteousness leading to sin through
    megalomania, thrown upon the earth (compares Revelation 12:9 where the original
    serpent, Satan is cast down to the earth)
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93394
    29 Mar '12 11:401 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if you have the faculty of free will, its impossible to be hard wired to a course of evil,
    where did the motivation to oppose God come from, himself! why does he desire
    worship that should solely be directed towards God, megalomania! )
    when we or some of us go to heaven/jerusalem will we still have free will?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    29 Mar '12 13:071 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    god created satan, gave him free will. where did satan get his 'evil' from as there was no outside influence. why did satan develop such a hatred for his creator. did god make him this way on purpose?
    God wasn't his parent.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93394
    29 Mar '12 13:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God wasn't his parent.
    so who raised him or educated or cared who guided him who provided his knowledge, his morals, god may not have been his biological parent but surly god was his father.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    29 Mar '12 13:16
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    god created satan, gave him free will. where did satan get his 'evil' from as there was no outside influence. why did satan develop such a hatred for his creator. did god make him this way on purpose?
    free will
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93394
    29 Mar '12 14:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    free will
    all free will does is give the person the ability to make their own choices it is not the cause of the choices they make.

    next person to say 'free will' gets a web slap in the face. its the only way you lot will learn.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    29 Mar '12 15:085 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    god created satan, gave him free will. where did satan get his 'evil' from as there was no outside influence. why did satan develop such a hatred for his creator. did god make him this way on purpose?
    I once heard a story about a mother who had a fire in her home. Her child was caught in one run that was on fire. She ran into the room to rescue the child. And she did save the child's life. But as a result the mother was horribly burned and disfigured in her face.

    Some time latter her child was coming out of school with a friend and her mother came up. The friend asked the girl if that was the child's mother. And the child was too embarresed because of the mother's burnt face. The child informed the friend that that was not the child's mother. The mother's heart was broken because of this.

    This little story indicates something of the unthankfulness of some sinners. The Son of God incarnated in Jesus Christ and died a horrible execution and even bearing the judgment of God to rescue the sinner from thier sins.

    Yet the unthankful sinner disowns the Savior. What dreadful unthankfulness at the sacrifice of Christ - God become a man, for His salvation work to save the sinner.

    This, however, is the proud attitude displayed daily by many posters. That is a arrogant, ungrateful and accusative blaming of the God who went to such lengths in love, for their salvation.

    Watch. Its terrible, like the rescued child who was ashamed to be associated with the disfigured mother. Watch the next clever unbeliever dip down into his rich bag of Satanic lies to proudly pull out accusations against the Savior God.
  11. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51439
    29 Mar '12 15:141 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I once heard a story about a mother who had a fire in her home. Her child was caught in one run that was on fire. She ran into the room to rescue the child. And she did save the child's life. But as a result she was horribly burned and disfigured in her face.

    Some time latter her child was coming out of school with a friend and her mother came up. The fr n into his rich bag of Satanic lies to proudly pull out accusations against the Savior God.
    You really are off the chart aren't you?! What a nutter.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    29 Mar '12 15:16
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You really are off the chart aren't you?! What a nutter.
    It is an honor to be insulted by you. Thank you for the honor.
  13. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51439
    29 Mar '12 15:19
    Originally posted by jaywill
    It is an honor to be insulted by you. Thank you for the honor.
    Careful, i may just dip into my 'bag of Satanic lies' next time.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    29 Mar '12 15:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Careful, i may just dip into my 'bag of Satanic lies' next time.
    Maybe in your case you are living in the bag.
  15. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    29 Mar '12 15:281 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Yet the unthankful sinner disowns the Savior. What dreadful unthankfulness at the sacrifice of Christ - God become a man, for His salvation work to save the sinner.
    When you say "unthankful sinner[s]", you are referring to Christians, right?
Back to Top