"Ballad of the Goodly Fere"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
12 Apr 16
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Yes, yes Robbie that's all very good and very correct but hardly applicable, especially to a poster such as yourself, who as I pointed out quite succinctly, are the one throwing around accusations of people being "sons of satan" "morals of a lynch mod murderer" and of being "apostate" to cite but a few.
I am dealing with my idiosyncrasies divegeester as i hope that you are too. The counsel is good irrespective of who delivers it. Sure we can attempt to justify our stance by pointing the finger at other people and look, the words of the Christ are standing fulfilled, hypocrites is what we are. First look at yourself he states. Is it not the case?

Moves
12 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The counsel is good irrespective of who delivers it.
You'd like to think that of course.

So, am I a "son of satan" or not Robbie?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 16
1 edit

You'd like to think that of course.

So, am I a "son of satan" or not Robbie?
I have no interest in discussing whether you really are a son of Satan divegeester. I am interested in discussing Jesus words though. Dont you think that fault-finding is anti Christian, i say it not to condemn you of course, simply to ascertain how you view the words of the Christ in respect of a Christian that engages in incessant fault finding?

Moves
12 Apr 16

I have no interest in discussing whether you really are a son of Satan divegeester. I am interested in discussing Jesus words though. Dont you think that fault-finding is anti Christian, i say it not to condemn you of course, simply to ascertain how you view the words of the Christ in respect of a Christian that engages in incessant fault finding?
Your frothy and somewhat shril protestations would carry more gravitas should you firstly individually and specifically apologise for your own fault-finding, are you going to do that?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 16
1 edit

Your frothy and somewhat shril protestations would carry more gravitas should you firstly individually and specifically apologise for your own fault-finding, are you going to do that?
yes I apologise for my own fault finding and I can assure you that I am dealing with it internally.

Moves
12 Apr 16

yes I apologise for my own fault finding and I can assure you that I am dealing with it internally.
Are you apologising to me personally, for your incessant fault-finding in me, and for accusing me of being a progeny of satan and of having the morals of a lynch mob murderer?

rc

Moves
12 Apr 16
3 edits

Are you apologising to me personally, for your incessant fault-finding in me, and for accusing me of being a progeny of satan and of having the morals of a lynch mob murderer?
I have said enough, its up to you, either continue with your incessant fault finding or heed the words of the Christ. I know what I am going to choose. Cya.

Moves
12 Apr 16

I have said enough, its up to you, either continue with your incessant fault finding or heed the words of the Christ. I know what I am going to choose. Cya.
So your whole point here is to chastise someone you honestly believe to be, and have called out publically to be, the son of the devil, for not being err ...Christian like...is that your case?

F

Moves
13 Apr 16
1 edit

This 'gag' is the very essence of your new hyper-hypocrisy comedy routine and anti-"fault-finding" and anti-"moralizing" catchphrases.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Apr 16

What a ridiculous thing to say in this context; and for you, a professed Christian to cheaply use Christ's famous outburst of emotion during the Lazarus account, is a bit distasteful to be honest.
"Christ's famous outburst of emotion" or a compassionate concern for the multitudes of lost souls?

Moves
13 Apr 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Christ's famous outburst of emotion" or a compassionate concern for the multitudes of lost souls?
Both. And you use of it to attempt to score a point on the internet is inappropriate.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Apr 16

Both. And you use of it to attempt to score a point on the internet is inappropriate.
"score a point" <------- with whom?

F

Moves
13 Apr 16

It always strikes me that the points you seek to score are recorded, first and foremost, on a scorecard in your own mind ~ and then in a broader, fuzzier way, you seek to score points in the minds of that large silent majority of people who you sincerely believe look to you for forum leadership and who you believe are ever hopeful that you will prevail against all the stuff you disapprove of. Am I close? 😉

Moves
13 Apr 16

Why are you pretending you don't know what's going on?

read the exchange between us on the previous page and then decide whether or not you want to actually discuss it or not.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It always strikes me that the points you seek to score are recorded, first and foremost, on a scorecard in your own mind ~ and then in a broader, fuzzier way, you seek to score points in the minds of that large silent majority of people who you sincerely believe look to you for forum leadership and who you believe are ever hopeful that you will prevail against all the stuff you disapprove of. Am I close? 😉
Yes.