1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 05:45
    Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values.”
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 06:371 edit
    FALSANI:
    Do you believe in sin?

OBAMA:
    Yes.

FALSANI:
    What is sin?

OBAMA:
    Being out of alignment with my values.

FALSANI:
    What happens if you have sin in your life?

OBAMA:
    I think it’s the same thing as the question about heaven. In the same way that if I’m true to myself and my faith that that is its own reward, when I’m not true to it, it’s its own punishment.

If Obama's values are Christian ones and they involve him living his life according to values that are always aspiring to do God's will, then if he fails to live up to them ~ if his actions are out of alignment with these values ~ then he considers himself to be sinning. I don't see how this exchange between Falsani and Obama is controversial unless you try to project onto it some sort of peculiar interpretation.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 06:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values.”
    Obama's definition of sin is out of alignment with whodeys definition of sin. Not surprising given that if they had been in alignment whodey would either have lied about Obama's definition or changed his own definition.

The real question is why whodey still hates Obama so much when there is no possibility of him getting re-elected.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 07:571 edit
    For a Christian who is frequently incapable of discussing your own beliefs, you seem to be more than capable of pontificating on Mr Obama's.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 09:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    For a Christian who is frequently incapable of discussing your own beliefs...
    Lol.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Obama's definition of sin is out of alignment with whodeys definition of sin. Not surprising given that if they had been in alignment whodey would either have lied about Obama's definition or changed his own definition.

The real question is why whodey still hates Obama so much when there is no possibility of him getting re-elected.
    Hate Obama?

I'm just providing a quote from him. Is the quote that bad you think?

It would seem to me that this is the stance of the average person. They define their own morality and those that violate it are considered "sinners", much like non-PC people might call an illegal alien and illegal alien. In the minds of Progs, this is a sin.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 13:341 edit
    It would seem to me that this is the stance of the average person. They define their own morality and those that violate it are considered "sinners"...
    Obama is a Christian and the values he's talking about in the conversation you drew our attention to are Christian values.

He's saying that if he falls short of those values, then he sees himself as "sinning". This is surely how almost every single Christian sees it: a life guided by values, and not living up to them is "sin".

Surely all Christians "define their own morality" when they find that they believe Christian notion of "sin" just as non-Christians or non-believers ~ people who do not have the same values as Obama and don't think there is such a thing as "sin" ~ will "define their own morality" differently from Christians?

If anything, the way he puts it makes it sound like he is taking full responsibility for his failures to live up to his values.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 20:28
    Hate Obama?

I'm just providing a quote from him. Is the quote that bad you think?
    No, the quote isn't bad. But you clearly think it is or you wouldn't have 'merely provided it'.

It would seem to me that this is the stance of the average person. They define their own morality and those that violate it are considered "sinners", much like non-PC people might call an illegal alien and illegal alien. In the minds of Progs, this is a sin.
    Well I clearly am not a prog. In my mind however compulsive lying is morally wrong. I found it hilarious that even in your thread on the term 'illegal alien' you found the need to misquote the article that was actually about the term 'illegal immigrants'. What happened to that thread by the way I cant seem to find it?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 23:22
    It would seem whodey just wants to chunter on about US retail politics and isn't interested in discussing the definition of "sin".
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 00:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Obama is a Christian and the values he's talking about in the conversation you drew our attention to are Christian values.

He's saying that if he falls short of those values, then he sees himself as "sinning". This is surely how almost every single Christian sees it: a life guided by values, and not living up to them is "sin".

Surely all Christians "defi ...[text shortened]... makes it sound like he is taking full responsibility for his failures to live up to his values.
    Obama only pretends to be a Christian when it is to his advantage. That is the Muslim way. His values are those from what he calls the "holy" Quran.

Proof Barack Hussein Obama Is A Secret Muslim

YouTube

Former DOJ Attorney: Obama Is A Devout Muslim!

YouTube
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 01:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    It would seem whodey just wants to chunter on about US retail politics and isn't interested in discussing the definition of "sin".
    Being without a faith of any kind, what do you consider sin?

Having rejected Christ, I certainly would not expect you to agree with my definition.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 01:54
    Being without a faith of any kind, what do you consider sin?
    An act that is regarded by theists and theologians as a transgression of God's will.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 01:55
    Having rejected Christ, I certainly would not expect you to agree with my definition.
    What do you think of Obama's definition as offered in that interview?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 07:09
    It would seem to me that this is the stance of the average person. They define their own morality and those that violate it are considered "sinners", .
    I define my own morality and every other sane person does too. (Some
    may wish to find a particular flavour of religion which aligns with their morality)

Getting your morality from an outside agency (which presumably you don't
    agree with else it would be your morality) is surely a cause for concern.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '15 14:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    An act that is regarded by theists and theologians as a transgression of God's will.
    Ok, what is God's will?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree