Barak Obama's definition of sin

Barak Obama's definition of sin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
Are you referring to RJHinds' comment?
No, I'm referring to your concept of "failing to live your life according to the standards and values that your religious beliefs give you". People who sit around moralizing often decry others 'failing to live one's life according to standards and values of religious beliefs', and yet ignore their own failings in this regard. Nowhere is this more obvious than in this forum.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
Do you feel you have to live your life according to the standards and values that your religious beliefs give you, and that failing to do so is "sin"? Yes, presumably.
I do not have to live by the standards and values of religious beliefs. It is my choice. I am free to live as I please. I pick and choose what standards and values I will follow, religious or not. But that is just me. 😏

F

Moves
06 Dec 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
No, I'm referring to your concept of "failing to live your life according to the standards and values that your religious beliefs give you". People who sit around moralizing often decry others 'failing to live one's life according to standards and values of religious beliefs', and yet ignore their own failings in this regard. Nowhere is this more obvious than in this forum.
But the topic is Mr Obama's definition of sin. He equates "sin" with failing to live your life according to the standards and values that your religious beliefs give you. Do you think this makes sense?

F

Moves
06 Dec 15

My guess is that it is more "do as I say, not as I do", like some others here.
So are you saying that Mr Obama's definition of sin makes him "do as I say, not as I do" kind of Christian?

w

Moves
06 Dec 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So are you saying that Mr Obama's definition of sin makes him "do as I say, not as I do" kind of Christian?
The Christians definition of sin should be going against what God thinks is right.

Sometimes it goes against our own sense of right and wrong, or at least, it should at times.

F

Moves
06 Dec 15

Originally posted by whodey
The Christians definition of sin should be going against what God thinks is right.
How, in essence, is that different from what Mr Obama said?

F

Moves
06 Dec 15

Sometimes it goes against our own sense of right and wrong, or at least, it should at times.
Are you willing to give an example ~ of where doing what God thinks is right goes against your own sense of right and wrong ~ from your own life?

F

Moves
06 Dec 15

People who sit around moralizing often decry others 'failing to live one's life according to standards and values of religious beliefs', and yet ignore their own failings in this regard. Nowhere is this more obvious than in this forum.
Who do you think fails to live their lives according to the standards and values of their religious beliefs on this forum?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
It makes him a Muslim. 😏

w

Moves
07 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
How, in essence, is that different from what Mr Obama said?
Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values.”

What he should have said. "Being out of alignment with God's values."

F

Moves
07 Dec 15

Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values.”

What he should have said. "Being out of alignment with God's values."
Well their conversation was about his Christian values. When he is out of alignment with them, he considers himself to be "sinning". When you - whodey - act in a way that is out of alignment with your Christian values, don't you see yourself as "sinning" too?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
If you got that from what I said, then either you are trying to make it *sound* like i said that, or your reading comprehension is abysmal.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Type A: "So are you saying that Mr Obama's definition of sin makes him "do as I say, not as I do" kind of Christian?"
Type B: "Are you willing to give an example ~ of where doing what God thinks is right goes against your own sense of right and wrong ~ from your own life?"
Type C: "Who do you think fails to live their lives according to the standards and values of their religious beliefs on this forum?"
Type A: "So are you saying... ?" (followed by some nonsense statement having nothing to do with what that person said, despite usually containing a quote of something they actually did say)
Type B: "Are you willing to give an example from your own life... ?" (of some carefully constructed phrase that may or may not have any bearing on what the person actually said)
Type C: "Who, on this forum, do you think fails to... ?" (trying to get the person to accuse others by association)

Can you tell us why such a high percentage of your posts follow one of these three types, especially when engaging in your favorite and most usual activity, "Forum Warfare"?

Is it because you've found, through trial and error, what pushes people's buttons, or do you follow formulaic posting just out of laziness?

F

Moves
07 Dec 15

Can you tell us why such a high percentage of your posts follow one of these three types, especially when engaging in your favorite and most usual activity, "Forum Warfare"?

Is it because you've found, through trial and error, what pushes people's buttons, or do you follow formulaic posting just out of laziness?
Why don't you want to talk about the thread topic?

F

Moves
07 Dec 15

Originally posted by FMF
If it's not Obama ~ the thread topic, remember ~ who's a "do as I say, not as I do" Christian, who is it you're claiming IS a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of Christian here?