1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 17:04
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Two of the dumbest questions I have come across for a long time.

Q1 - Yes people are capable of following Christs commandments. If you cannot then you neeed to address that issue.
    Q2 - Jesus will judge people and give them eternal life per his statement in Matt 25

There is a parable which seems to fit you perfectly, and its the one with the talents a ...[text shortened]... e talent and that Jesus is expecting too much from him .. which is basically what you are doing
    Do you think sinful man is able to follow the commands of Christ all the time or only some of the time? Is only some the time good enough or do we have to follow his commands all the time without failure?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 17:42
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Do you think sinful man is able to follow the commands of Christ all the time or only some of the time? Is only some the time good enough or do we have to follow his commands all the time without failure?
    Q2 - already answered.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 17:531 edit
    Q2 - already answered.
    So you can never be sure if you are saved you just have to wait and see and hope for the best, while putting your faith in your own efforts?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 18:01
    So you can never be sure if you are saved you just have to wait and see and hope for the best?
    Everyone is saved. Not everyone gets eternal life.

Christ died so that everyone is saved from the consequences of original sin [which is death] or sin in the flesh inherited from Adam.

Not everyone will follow Christ / Apostles guidelines pertaining to living righteously, and quality for entry into the Kingdom of God.

In general people must await the judgment of Christ to be certain of their entry into the Kingdom of God. There are exceptions such as when Jesus told certain of the Apostles that they have eternal life or that their names are written in the book of life.

So unless you have met Jesus personally and he told you that you have eternal life, you have to await judgment.

There are many Christians that live in a fools paradise, deluding themselves that they are regenerated etc but that just wishful thinking.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 18:101 edit

Christ died so that everyone is saved from the consequences of original sin [which is death] or sin in the flesh inherited from Adam.

Not everyone will follow Christ / Apostles guidelines pertaining to living righteously, and quality for entry into the Kingdom of God.

In general people must await th ...[text shortened]... ools paradise, deluding themselves that they are regenerated etc but that just wishful thinking.

So what happens to the 'saved' people that don't get eternal life? Where does the Bible tell you that everyone is saved?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 18:24
    [b]Everyone is saved. Not everyone gets eternal life.

So what happens to the 'saved' people that don't get eternal life? Where does the Bible tell you that everyone is saved?[/b]
    From here on if you want to discuss anything :
    - dont ask the same question twice
    - dont ask personal questions
    - ask one question at a time.

Christ died for the sins of the world. You need a reference for that? The death of Christ was to pay for the sin of Adam. Without this sacrifice nobody would get eternal life.
    Also John 3:16 = God loved the WORLD, so he gave his son to die so that whoever believes [with their heart and not just their mouth], will get eternal life.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 19:44
    From here on if you want to discuss anything :
    - dont ask the same question twice
    - dont ask personal questions
    - ask one question at a time.

Christ died for the sins of the world. You need a reference for that? The death of Christ was to pay for the sin of Adam. Without this sacrifice nobody would get eternal life.
    Also John 3:16 = God loved the W ...[text shortened]... ie so that whoever believes [with their heart and not just their mouth], will get eternal life.
    Word game with saved.

The whole world has the opportunity to be saved but you are not saved unless you have eternal life.

No one, other than Jesus, follows God's commands perfectly.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 20:302 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Word game with saved.

The whole world has the opportunity to be saved but you are not saved unless you have eternal life.

No one, other than Jesus, follows God's commands perfectly.
    The word 'saved' is misunderstood by many Christians. Hence the reason why I never use it unless I am asked about it. I use 'eternal life' or 'enter into the Kingdom of God'.

You said 'You are not saved unless you have eternal life'. However that view is also problematic as the Apostles all warned Christian saints to beware of falling away, beware to turning back to their old life otherwise they will not enter the Kingdom of God. So the question is 'were these Christians saved'?

Personally I rather the humble doctrine of waiting for Christ and living in the hope of eternal life, rather than the arrogant one of proclaiming that I am saved and I have eternal life already.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 20:51
    The word 'saved' is misunderstood by many Christians. Hence the reason why I never use it unless I am asked about it. I use 'eternal life' or 'enter into the Kingdom of God'.

You said 'You are not saved unless you have eternal life'. However that view is also problematic as the Apostles all warned Christian saints to beware of falling away, beware to turn ...[text shortened]... fe, rather than the arrogant one of proclaiming that I am saved and I have eternal life already.
    For my answer read the parable of the king and servant thread.
  10. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 22:591 edit
    You are ignoring the fact that your personal question is irrelevant to the issue under discussion. You are also forgetting [conveniently] that you have already gone down this road with me, asking me the very same personal irrelevant question.
    Hmmmm, not sure that I have in this specific case, no worries though.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    06 Dec '16 17:47

You said 'You are not saved unless you have eternal life'. However that view is also problematic as the Apostles all warned Christian saints to beware of falling away, beware to turn ...[text shortened]... fe, rather than the arrogant one of proclaiming that I am saved and I have eternal life already.
    When you said 'everyone' is saved, did that include those that are cast into the lake of fire?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree