1. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Jul '10 18:33
    If God can make something good or bad by divine fiat, can He also make something beautiful or ugly by divine fiat?

That is, if God can create ethical truths by willing them, might He also be able to aesthetic truths by willing them?

Indeed, could it be that both ethics and aesthetics must be grounded in God's will alone if relativity and subjectivity are to be avoided?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jul '10 04:09
    Originally posted by IshDaGegg
    If God can make something good or bad by divine fiat, can He also make something beautiful or ugly by divine fiat?

That is, if God can create ethical truths by willing them, might He also be able to aesthetic truths by willing them?

Indeed, could it be that both ethics and aesthetics must be grounded in God's will alone if relativity and subjectivity are to be avoided?
    That Spanish football team are a pretty good looking bunch.

I dont think proper knowledge of God is rooted in duality. And I'm afraid I dont really get where you are going with this, other than to say it may have been a christian thing. Was it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree