1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '06 22:01
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    I would concur - suffering ends at the death of the creature. Perhaps your wonder at the beauty of the coral reef world is tainted with naivety at the actuality of life underwater. We have it easy (well, some of us, for the moment) by comparison.

The TOE explains the advantage of getting nutrition 'pre-processed' if you like, I'm not sure the bible addresses these advantages directly.
    I always thought the Bible's focus was in death. In the spirituality of our beings over the body. The body always dies, but a soul can grow....

I could be wrong, but I don't think a fish has a spiritual aspect to it. If so, it would then become a bad example to relate Biblical scriptures to, or relate our existance in God to what is not human. Fish are there to eat.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Dec '06 21:47
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    I always thought the Bible's focus was in death. In the spirituality of our beings over the body. The body always dies, but a soul can grow....

I could be wrong, but I don't think a fish has a spiritual aspect to it. If so, it would then become a bad example to relate Biblical scriptures to, or relate our existance in God to what is not human. Fish are there to eat.
    The Bible's focus, I think is more on life. God says that He is the God of the living not the dead.

Of course death is a problem. But it is a problem that is overcome and conquered. So life is stronger, more important, more prevailing in the end. Therefore I'd prefer to say that life - and even eternal life is more of a focus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree