1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 23:17
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to everyone

the bis secret, or the hidden wisdom that the church,s keep to themselves is>

we are already eternal beings one with god, and there is no need to seek out the church for any kind of salvation whatsoever, but if people new this, then the church would be out of business!

cheers vishvahetu
    As I said before, you have no foundation, no truth, endless babble, clouds without water, empty words and no common sense...
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 23:40
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The apostle Paul in the church epistles...
    Jesus could not go against the will of the Father...
    But here are the ramifications...

1 Cor 2:7-8
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    (NKJ)
    This question still stands:
    "When Jesus was explaining to people what was necessary to become one with God, how to have eternal life / heaven / salvation, etc., is it your contention that He didn't teach them everything they needed to know?"

Paul proclaimed himself an apostle.
    Paul proclaimed himself a steward.

Seems like you've based your beliefs on the self-proclamations of a man rather than the teachings of Jesus. It's a pity that so many choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 23:45
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    This question still stands:
    "When Jesus was explaining to people what was necessary to become one with God, how to have eternal life / heaven / salvation, etc., is it your contention that He didn't teach them everything they needed to know?"

Paul proclaimed himself an apostle.
    Paul proclaimed himself a steward.

Seems like you've based your beliefs ...[text shortened]... y that so many choose to follow the teachings of others rather than the teachings of Jesus.
    But what you miss here is that the church epistles ARE the words of Jesus.

Gal 1:8-12
    8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
    9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.
    10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
    11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
    12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
    (NKJ)

In other words he spoke what Jesus commanded him to speak and write. Jesus was raised from the dead and is alive and well and active in the church.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 23:541 edit
    But what you miss here is that the church epistles ARE the words of Jesus.

Gal 1:8-12
    8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
    9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accu ...[text shortened]... speak and write. Jesus was raised from the dead and is alive and well and active in the church.
    What you miss here is that they are the words of PAUL, not Jesus.

What you've shown here is yet another self-proclamation.

Anyone can and have claimed just about anything and everything were "revelations" from Jesus and / or God. Do you believe them all?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 00:13
    What you miss here is that they are the words of PAUL, not Jesus.

What you've shown here is yet another self-proclamation.

Anyone can and have claimed just about anything and everything were "revelations" from Jesus and / or God. Do you believe them all?
    I believe the entire bible is the word of God. The gospels in my mind are part of the old testament. The NT began on the day of Pentecost in the book of Acts which scholars claim was penned by Luke. Luke, Timothy, Peter, Paul all spoke and wrote only what Jesus told them to write.

2 Pet 1:19-21
    19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;
    20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
    21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
    (NKJ)

2 Tim 3:16-17
    16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
    17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    (NKJ)
    One should also read the first two chapters of Acts where Jesus instructed the apostles...
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 01:46
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    OK. Well, it seems to me you're either correct or incorrect.

Assuming you're correct, what then?

Why is the Church age very cool?
    What is available in this age has never been made available previously, nor in the future. As believers, we have more to gain than all others combined. The royal family of God. Staggering.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 21:05
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    What is available in this age has never been made available previously, nor in the future. As believers, we have more to gain than all others combined. The royal family of God. Staggering.
    Absolutely!...Just to name a few things that were not available before, salvation is permanent and unconditional vs conditional in the old testament and gospels.
    Also included are the nine manifestations of holy spirit, walking minute by minute in fellowship with God and Jesus Christ!
    If we sin, no burnt offerings need to be offered, we simply confess to God and are washed in the blood of Christ...there is much much more as you probably already know..🙂
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 21:15
    I believe the entire bible is the word of God. The gospels in my mind are part of the old testament. The NT began on the day of Pentecost in the book of Acts which scholars claim was penned by Luke. Luke, Timothy, Peter, Paul all spoke and wrote only what Jesus told them to write.

2 Pet 1:19-21
    19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, whic ...[text shortened]... NKJ)
    One should also read the first two chapters of Acts where Jesus instructed the apostles...
    From what you've posted thus far, this belief is based not on the words of Jesus, but on the words of others. Time and again Jesus said to follow Him, hear and follow His words, keep His words, follow His commandments, etc. Your belief is not based on the words of Jesus no matter how much you may want them to be. You only have others who you believe claim to speak for Jesus. What keeps you from acknowledging this fact?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '10 21:39
    From what you've posted thus far, this belief is based not on the words of Jesus, but on the words of others. Time and again Jesus said to follow [b]Him, hear and follow His words, keep His words, follow His commandments, etc. Your belief is not based on the words of Jesus no matter how much you may want them to be. You only have others who you believe claim to speak for Jesus. What keeps you from acknowledging this fact?[/b]
    Who wrote the gospels, Jesus? No, Matt., Mk, Luke and John. Why do you accept the words of Luke in the gospels but not in the book of Acts? Johns version of the gospels but not 1st, 2nd and 3rd John? It is illogical, either the entire bible is the word of God or none of it is....
    The book of Acts, and 1-3 John alone enhance and corroborate what I am saying, as well as Dispensation.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 13:28
    As I said before, you have no foundation, no truth, endless babble, clouds without water, empty words and no common sense...
    to check baiter

what sought of drugs are you on, you arent understanding anything.

cheers vishvahetu
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 20:29
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to check baiter

what sought of drugs are you on, you arent understanding anything.

cheers vishvahetu
    I think you are the one on drugs. By the looks of your avatar, you should lay off once in awhile and listen to reason. Ahh, but the bible says you are blind, in fact it says you are like the walking dead. That is, dead in trespasses and sin. Turn your life over to Jesus and let Him give you real life....🙂
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 20:29
    Who wrote the gospels, Jesus? No, Matt., Mk, Luke and John. Why do you accept the words of Luke in the gospels but not in the book of Acts? Johns version of the gospels but not 1st, 2nd and 3rd John? It is illogical, either the entire bible is the word of God or none of it is....
    The book of Acts, and 1-3 John alone enhance and corroborate what I am saying, as well as Dispensation.
    Who wrote the gospels, Jesus? No, Matt., Mk, Luke and John. Why do you accept the words of Luke in the gospels but not in the book of Acts? Johns version of the gospels but not 1st, 2nd and 3rd John?

In the Bible there are words attributed to Jesus from when He walked the earth of His explanations of what was necessary to become one with God, how to have eternal life / heaven / salvation, etc. Many came to Him to ask for guidance on such matters. As part of His explanation Jesus said to follow Him, hear and follow His words, keep His words, follow His commandments, etc.

It is illogical, either the entire bible is the word of God or none of it is....
    This hardly makes sense. Jesus said that He was one with God and to follow His word. You seem to be unable or unwilling to make a distinction between the words of Jesus and commentary added later by others.

What "corroborate[s]" what you are saying is commentary added later by others.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jun '10 20:43
    [b]Who wrote the gospels, Jesus? No, Matt., Mk, Luke and John. Why do you accept the words of Luke in the gospels but not in the book of Acts? Johns version of the gospels but not 1st, 2nd and 3rd John?

In the Bible there are words attributed to Jesus from when He walked the earth of His explanations of what was necessary to become one with God, ho ...[text shortened]... nsation.[/b]

What "corroborate[s]" what you are saying is commentary added later by others.[/b]
    You are avoiding my comment on who wrote the gospels. Luke wrote the gospel of Luke, and the book of Acts. Yet you accept the one and not the other. Please explain this, before I answer your other questions.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 01:17
    You are avoiding my comment on who wrote the gospels. Luke wrote the gospel of Luke, and the book of Acts. Yet you accept the one and not the other. Please explain this, before I answer your other questions.
    Not sure what wasn't clear. What I accept, by and large, are the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth. It's not about "who wrote the gospels". Not sure why you're so hung up on that.

Looking forward to you starting to address my points.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 02:45
    Not sure what wasn't clear. What I accept, by and large, are the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth. It's not about "who wrote the gospels". Not sure why you're so hung up on that.

Looking forward to you starting to address my points.
    Simple, if it is only men writing on their own, why should you believe that the words attributed to Christ were Christ's words?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree