1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Jun '10 23:34
    Dispensations

The six dispensations of human history can be seen along the following lines:

Age of the Gentile. From the creation of Adam until the Exodus of Israel from Egypt, roughly 1441 B.C.

Age of Israel. From the Exodus until around 4, possibly 5 B.C.

Hypostatic Union. The first Advent of Christ, lasting until A.D. 30, the capstone culminating with the ascension of Christ to the right hand of God.

Church Age. From Pentecost forward, describing the current administration of God toward man. Very, very cool.

Tribulation. Initiating with the Rapture of the Church and lasting until ushering in of the Millennium. Dates unknown.

Millennium. The Thousand-Year Reign of Christ, the "Your will be done" portion of man's history, just prior to the Last Judgment, destruction of the current universe, as well as creation of the New Jerusalem.

Comments?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 09:07
    After giving it some thought....No!!! Definately NO WAY. There are more human time periods than that. Way more I bet.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 11:01
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Dispensations

Comments?
    Question first. What do you mean by 'dispensation' and 'dispensations of human history'?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 13:55
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Question first. What do you mean by 'dispensation' and 'dispensations of human history'?
    Dispensation refers to the administrative policies of any given period, and specifically how God deals with man. As we are in the midst of human history, our first point of reference are those applicable to us. Prior to our arrival on the scene, we are told that God interacted with the angelic realm, so it is assumed there were dispensations associated with His dealings over whatever eons of time that relationship was intact.

Following our time on the stage, i.e., after these listed here, the final dispensation will be initiated.
  5. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 16:18
    It may outline particular religious events but this is no way a history of man.

What about something like birth of awareness/communication
    Animal husbandry/domestication/agriculture starting of town/civilization
    Advent of technology age

These are bit more open ended and tend to be more relevant towards a larger majority of man
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 16:19
    Originally posted by ua41
    It may outline particular religious events but this is no way a history of man.

What about something like birth of awareness/communication
    Animal husbandry/domestication/agriculture starting of town/civilization
    Advent of technology age

These are bit more open ended and tend to be more relevant towards a larger majority of man
    The dispensations as listed are from the biblical standpoint. Sorry for any confusion.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 21:071 edit
    Dispensations

The six dispensations of human history can be seen along the following lines:

[b]Age of the Gentile.
    From the creation of Adam until the Exodus of Israel from Egypt, roughly 1441 B.C.

Age of Israel. From the Exodus until around 4, possibly 5 B.C.

Hypostatic Union. The first Advent of Christ, lasting until A.D. , destruction of the current universe, as well as creation of the New Jerusalem.

Comments?[/b]
    I have always understood there were 8 Administrations and were thus:

1. Original Paradise (Creation to the Fall)
    2. Conscience (the Fall to the Flood)
    3. Civil Government (the Flood to the Mosaic Law)
    4. The Mosaic Law (the Mosaic Law to Pentecost)
    5. The Administration of the Grace of God, also called the Administration of the Sacred Secret (Pentecost to the Rapture)
    6. Tribulation (the Rapture to the end of the Battle of Armageddon)
    7. Paradise, or Christ’s Millennial Kingdom (1,000 years)
    8. Everlasting Kingdom (after the Millennial Kingdom it will last forever)

We are currently at #5
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 22:343 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have always understood there were 8 Administrations and were thus:

1. Original Paradise (Creation to the Fall)
    2. Conscience (the Fall to the Flood)
    3. Civil Government (the Flood to the Mosaic Law)
    4. The Mosaic Law (the Mosaic Law to Pentecost)
    5. The Administration of the Grace of God, also called the Administration of the ...[text shortened]... verlasting Kingdom (after the Millennial Kingdom it will last forever)

We are currently at #5
    6 dispensations, 8 administrations, whatever. Isn't it interesting how man is more than willing to make the Bible take whatever shape he deems necessary to attempt to reconcile the incoherence whilst ignoring the fact that none these "explanations" were taught by Jesus while He walked the earth? Perhaps He was unaware of them or did not think them important. Or most likely, they are the product of imagination.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '10 23:03
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    6 dispensations, 8 administrations, whatever. Isn't it interesting how man is more than willing to make the Bible take whatever shape he deems necessary to attempt to reconcile the incoherence whilst ignoring the fact that none these "explanations" were taught by Jesus while He walked the earth? Perhaps He was unaware of them or did not think them important. Or most likely, they are the product of imagination.
    Here are 4 verses that refer to dispensation, note in the KJV, the word stewardship is dispensation. You can verify with any concordance. As far as Jesus, He quoted the scriptures all the time, He didn't teach everything. He left us a command to be workers of Gods word, to search out the scriptures to see if these things are so.

Eph 3:2
    2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,
    (NKJ)

Eph 1:10
    10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth-- in Him.
    (NKJ)

1 Cor 9:17
    17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship.
    (NKJ)

Col 1:25
    25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
    (NKJ)
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 16:57
    Here are 4 verses that refer to dispensation, note in the KJV, the word stewardship is dispensation. You can verify with any concordance. As far as Jesus, He quoted the scriptures all the time, He didn't teach everything. He left us a command to be workers of Gods word, to search out the scriptures to see if these things are so.

Eph 3:2
    2 if ind ...[text shortened]... g to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
    (NKJ)
    Ask yourself if Jesus ever endorsed the 4 verses that you cited as the word of God.

Ask yourself if the scriptures that Jesus quoted ever included the New Testament.

When Jesus was explaining to people what was necessary to become one with God, how to have eternal life / heaven / salvation, etc., is it your contention that He didn't teach them everything they needed to know?

You should also consider that, for the most part, the examples you cited amount to self-proclamation of "dispensation" / "stewardship".
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 18:181 edit
    Dispensation refers to the administrative policies of any given period, and specifically how God deals with man. As we are in the midst of human history, our first point of reference are those applicable to us. Prior to our arrival on the scene, we are told that God interacted with the angelic realm, so it is assumed there were dispensations associated w ...[text shortened]... our time on the stage, i.e., after these listed here, the final dispensation will be initiated.
    OK. Well, it seems to me you're either correct or incorrect.

Assuming you're correct, what then?

Why is the Church age very cool?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 20:25
    Ask yourself if Jesus ever endorsed the 4 verses that you cited as the word of God.

Ask yourself if the scriptures that Jesus quoted ever included the New Testament.

When Jesus was explaining to people what was necessary to become one with God, how to have eternal life / heaven / salvation, etc., is it your contention that He didn't teach them ever ...[text shortened]... part, the examples you cited amount to self-proclamation of "dispensation" / "stewardship".
    You do not understand dispensation. When the day of Pentecost came, the Grace admin. began. This was kept secret through out the Old Testament and the Gospels. What God revealed is much better than anything in either the old test. or the gospels.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 21:24
    You do not understand dispensation. When the day of Pentecost came, the Grace admin. began. This was kept secret through out the Old Testament and the Gospels. What God revealed is much better than anything in either the old test. or the gospels.
    You say it was "kept secret". Who revealed this "secret" and when? Why didn't Jesus?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 22:22
    You say it was "kept secret". Who revealed this "secret" and when? Why didn't Jesus?
    The apostle Paul in the church epistles...
    Jesus could not go against the will of the Father...
    But here are the ramifications...

1 Cor 2:7-8
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    (NKJ)
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '10 22:40
    The apostle Paul in the church epistles...
    Jesus could not go against the will of the Father...
    But here are the ramifications...

1 Cor 2:7-8
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
    8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    (NKJ)
    to everyone

the bis secret, or the hidden wisdom that the church,s keep to themselves is>

we are already eternal beings one with god, and there is no need to seek out the church for any kind of salvation whatsoever, but if people new this, then the church would be out of business!

cheers vishvahetu

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree