Being rich does not mean being wealthy

Being rich does not mean being wealthy

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 18
3 edits

Money accumulated for its own sake is inherently counter-intuitive.
It has no value. Period.
Good friends and family , hard earned skills or expertise, the ability to take control of your life, ideas, dilligence, disregarding the fear of the unknown , logic, patience and chastity are the real measures of wealth.
And people always dream of winning lotto instead of dreaming of improving their lives through creativity or correct understanding of things.
Money is truly dispicable and yet we must deal with it almost daily.

What do you guys think? Can anyone see a future where the idea of ' wealth' is independent of the pursuit of a dollar ?
We need the basics of life to survive. We need to apply virtue and intelligence to live well.

I cant think of one example where the accumulation of money as an end in itself ever made anyone happier or better in anyway.
This is such a no-brainer to any smart person and yet resistance to this re-definition of wealth is as sure to arise as the sun will over the horizon tomorrow morning

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
It has no value. Period.
Good friends and family , hard earned skills or expertise, the ability to take control of your life, ideas, dilligence, disregarding the fear of the unknown , logic, patience and chastity are the real measures of wealth.
And people always dream of winning l ...[text shortened]... is re-definition of wealth is as sure to arise as the sun will over the horizon tomorrow morning
I’d rather be wealthy and happy than poor and happy.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I’d rather be wealthy and happy than poor and happy.
I wouldn't .

Your worldview is very limited if you cannot grasp this point.
You believe what you have been told and hence you involuntarily aid oppression , coercsion and manipulation of the humans on Earth.

You are confused but your heart seems good.

Tell me, do you honestly think you becoming wealthy is in anyway a desireable outcome ? Would that fix anything for you or the world?

Moves
10 Jul 18

I wouldn't .

Your worldview is very limited if you cannot grasp this point.
You believe what you have been told and hence you involuntarily aid oppression , coercsion and manipulation of the humans on Earth.

You are confused but your heart seems good.

Tell me, do you honestly think you becoming wealthy is in anyway a desireable outcome ? Would that fix anything for you or the world?
"Tell me, do you honestly think you becoming wealthy is in anyway a desirable outcome? Would that fix anything for you or the world?"

Yes.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
"Tell me, do you honestly think you becoming wealthy is in anyway a desirable outcome? Would that fix anything for you or the world?"

Yes.
How so? I'm not saying its impossible , but how is you getting a lot of money going to help you and the world?

Sketch a believable scenario if you could please

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Jul 18

It has no value. Period.
And people always dream of winning l ...[text shortened]... is re-definition of wealth is as sure to arise as the sun will over the horizon tomorrow morning
I think it all depends on who has lots of money. There are some people who cannot handle money and the money becomes a burden more than an asset to them. There are lots of stories about people who won money,. inherited money and although they were initially elated the money spoiled their lives.

I would say that money for which you have worked hard to get most often does not become a burden. Money you have inherited or won that places you in a substantially higher income bracket is what can cause problems

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
I think it all depends on who has lots of money. There are some people who cannot handle money and the money becomes a burden more than an asset to them. There are lots of stories about people who won money,. inherited money and although they were initially elated the money spoiled their lives.

I would say that money for which you have worked hard to get ...[text shortened]... rited or won that places you in a substantially higher income bracket is what can cause problems
So you agree that the accumulation of money should NOT be a primary concern for everyone?
(I'm giving lots of leeway here 😀 )

I could've said ' Its harder for a rich man to get to heaven than to pass a camel through the eye of a needle '

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18

Originally posted by @rajk999

I would say that money for which you have worked hard to get ...[text shortened]... rited or won that places you in a substantially higher income bracket is what can cause problems
All dealings with money should be examined closely. It is a good gauge of peoples real intent.

Moves
11 Jul 18

How so? I'm not saying its impossible , but how is you getting a lot of money going to help you and the world?

Sketch a believable scenario if you could please
I will buy happiness.

Sketch a believable scenario if you could please why that is not possible?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18

I will buy happiness.

Buy happiness?

You jest surely

So you mean if you could have a good material existence and ample spending money, etc. then that would make you happy?
Just win lotto ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18

I will buy happiness.

It is not possible because happiness comes from the soul, the immaterial , not from constant physical gratification .
A guitar you make will make you happier than one you buy.
Happiness is in direct proportion to knowledge aquired and It's a reflection of the effort you put into life. It is not dependent on a particular set of material possessions such as a car

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18

My wealth comes from who I am.
It is borne of years and suffering and learning. It cant be bought or stolen.
It is a reflection of the One will which wants all beings to be happy.

My wealth spills over to my friends and family, its effects can clearly be seen.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18

What about value ? Can that be bought? Can it be given?

Is something valuable because it is expensive? because others give it value ?

Surely different peoples have differing values due to many variables.

Why is the word 'value' acsociated with cheapness when used to describe things for sale?

Moves
11 Jul 18

It is not possible because happiness comes from the soul, the immaterial , not from constant physical gratification .
A guitar you make will make you happier than one you buy.
Happiness is in direct proportion to knowledge aquired and It's a reflection of the effort you put into life. It is not dependent on a particular set of material possessions such as a car
Are you certain about that?

I could make a guitar but it would be an amateur effort and cause me a great deal of frustration and dissatisfaction. Alternatively, I could buy an extremely expensive and well-made guitar and experience great happiness in playing it.

Money doesn't always buy you happiness, that's true, but it 'can' do. I know, for example, many people who struggle financially and it would bring both them and myself a great deal of happiness If I won the lotto and could take away all their money worries.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Jul 18
1 edit

Are you certain about that?

I could make a guitar but it would be an amateur effort and cause me a great deal of frustration and dissatisfaction. Alternatively, I could buy an extremely expensive and well-made guitar and experience great happiness in playing it.

Money doesn't always buy you happiness, that's true, but it 'can' do. I know, for ...[text shortened]... myself a great deal of happiness If I won the lotto and could take away all their money worries.
I'm certain with the right attitude and dilligence that he who makes a guitar, and does it right will be more rewarded than he who just plays one.

Money worries? They must be amongst the worst kind of worries around.

Everyone has problems in life. How you deal with those problems , whether its stewing in them, dealing with them innaproriately or patiently and systematically will determine how effectively you solve them with them.

Those upright in heart and poor in spirit will always reap the benefits of doing things right.