1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '09 19:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    [so what changes in peter at the moment of his denying Jesus is not that he loses his belief. not at all, thing proven by the fact that after the rooster cries he is ashamed. the thing that changes is his strength to stand by his beliefs in the face of danger. his belief is the same, he just can't bring himself to act on it out of fear. (after which i believe he vows never to be afraid to stand by his belief in Christ).[/b]
    But in that fear is generated the belief that denying Christ and lying was the most beneficial thing for him at that time which later changed after the crow sounded. That is what I'm saying.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '09 19:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are still not addressing the central issue.
    I believe that it is wrong for me to steal or commit murder. This is not a religious belief. You may believe the same thing based on a religious belief.
    Although both our actions stem from different beliefs the resulting actions are the same.
    Would God let you into heaven and not me because of our differi ...[text shortened]... heaven and he separately told us to do good works and the belief will also lead to good works.
    Different beliefs can mirror similar actions assuming that those beliefs are similar. For example, if we both believe that wearing red cloths is bad neither of us will even if it is for different reasons. However, the first time either one of us may believe that wearing red might be beneficial, this may all change.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '09 19:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    Different beliefs can mirror similar actions assuming that those beliefs are similar. For example, if we both believe that wearing red cloths is bad neither of us will even if it is for different reasons. However, the first time either one of us may believe that wearing red might be beneficial, this may all change.
    And you are still skirting around the issue like you think it will bite you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree