1. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 18:46
    Originally posted by telerion
    This has to be a C&P. You posted the exact same thing a month or so ago.

If a line must be drawn (and no theist has been intelligent enough to show me that it must), then draw it at the minimum evil required for free will to exist. All the rest is unnecessary evil and can only be there to satisfy your idol's love of variety.
    lol I guess my thinking hasn't change in a month or so.

You are correct, no line can be drawn. Not fairly, at least. And thus God doesn't any line at all but gives us instructions on how to avoid evil.

Minimum evil? God did.
    Remember the garden? There was only ONE tree they couldn't eat from in the entire garden. Just one. That's as minumum as it gets with choice still available. And look at what we've turned it into.

DF
  2. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 18:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Okay. So if I'm reading you correctly, God cannot rid the entire Earth of "evil" because we would then have no free will, and hence have no love, which is why God created us. Forgive me if I'm a little confused. I don't see the correlation between starvation caused by geography and overpopulation and evil. I also don't see how cancer is evil.

EDIT - H ...[text shortened]... ead telerion's post (Birthday Buddies Forever), I am curious to see how you answer him...
    Why hasn't the world gotten together and helped those starving people? Have attempts been made to help them? What happened to those attempts?
    That's evil.

DF
  3. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 18:58
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    [b]LOL
    So, you want God to cure all the woes in the world, eh? And if He doesn't, well then He must not exist.

That's not what Darvlay asked.

If God were to just step in and cure all the famines in the world, then why not cure AIDS. And if AIDS, when not cancer. And if cancer, why not things like rape ...[text shortened]... we're back to a man made problem.

This has nothing to do with Darvlay's post.[/b]
    How would God get rid of all the evil? He'd have to stop people from doing evil, i.e. He'd have to take away their freedom of choice to do it. Thus, He'd be taking away our freewill.
    Love is only love if one has a choice not to love. My computer doesn't love me. It obeys my commands to the letter, but it doesn't love me because it doesn't have freewill. It can't choose not to reboot when I tell it to.
    Yes, God helped me with the sledgehammer. He taught me to pray for assistance when I need it. I prayed and He answered. I used the relationship He created us for in the way He intended to get assistance.
    Eternal damnation is no more of a threat than saying if you jump off the top of the Empire State building you'll die. It's simply a fact. God has given us a way to avoid that consequence through his son Jesus. But just as you have the freedom of choice to jump, you have the freedome of choice to accept God's offer or not. He won't force it on you.

DF
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Feb '06 21:36
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Okay. So if I'm reading you correctly, God cannot rid the entire Earth of "evil" because we would then have no free will, and hence have no love, which is why God created us. Forgive me if I'm a little confused. I don't see the correlation between starvation caused by geography and overpopulation and evil. I also don't see how cancer is evil.

EDIT - H ...[text shortened]... ead telerion's post (Birthday Buddies Forever), I am curious to see how you answer him...
    I can see the headlines now 'AFRICAN FAMINE PROMOTES LOVIN' FEELING'. Brilliant. You couldn't make it up!
  5. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    21 Feb '06 21:34
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    It can't choose not to reboot when I tell it to.

DF
    Just you wait..... he he he he.
  6. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '06 17:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You dont explain how God leads you to the Bible. Do you think that miracles dont happen in muslim countries. Do you think that all the situations you have given dont hapen when people pray to Allah ? I can assure you that there is not distinction in the results whatever God you pray to, so why Christianity ?
    I'm sorry. I never answered your question. Why Christianity?
    Because the Bible has more support for it than any other religious text I'm aware of. It has much more support for it's authenticity than most other documents of antiquity. It's strongly supported by archeology. And the world fits the teachings within it. In short, I can't find a reason not to be Christian.

Is that what you were looking for?
    DF

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree