Believe

Believe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BM

RDU NC

Moves
03 Apr 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
Questions always questions....if you read your bible your answers lie within...im not going to start quoting this and that and get all heavy...who are we to question God.

I have a feeling you know the answers to your questions...
at least answer the first question.
so many people harp on "free-will" all time, and i'm just curious where you guys come up with this notion.

JJ

Moves
03 Apr 07

Originally posted by Big Mac
at least answer the first question.
so many people harp on "free-will" all time, and i'm just curious where you guys come up with this notion.
You really need to read a bible....

It all began in the Garden of Eden...

BM

RDU NC

Moves
03 Apr 07

You really need to read a bible....

It all began in the Garden of Eden...
but i have.
i just don't see it.
it's neither explicitly mentioned nor, to my satisfaction, implicitly mentioned.
i do, however, read much in the book about the sovereinty of god over the decisions of men.
i'm curious how you, unless you'd like to speak on behalf of all "free-willers," reconcile these seemingly conflicting ideas.

and as far as the garden goes, i guess i'm missing the part of god creating male and female with free will. are you assuming that's what the "image of god" is?

JJ

Moves
03 Apr 07

but i have.
i just don't see it.
it's neither explicitly mentioned nor, to my satisfaction, implicitly mentioned.
i do, however, read much in the book about the sovereinty of god over the decisions of men.
i'm curious how you, unless you'd like to speak on behalf of all "free-willers," reconcile these seemingly conflicting ideas.

and as far as the gar ...[text shortened]... ng male and female with free will. are you assuming that's what the "image of god" is?
God did not intend us to have free will....thats how i interpret it... when Adam bit into the apple thats when we became free willers...Typical of Satan always trying to ruin the big mans plan... i dont speak on behalf of anyone...i merely go where my heart tells me...(that is God..who i try to speak for but always seem to be misunderstood!!!)

BM

RDU NC

Moves
03 Apr 07

God did not intend us to have free will....thats how i interpret it... when Adam bit into the apple thats when we became free willers...Typical of Satan always trying to ruin the big mans plan... i dont speak on behalf of anyone...i merely go where my heart tells me...(that is God..who i try to speak for but always seem to be misunderstood!!!)
i don't wish to simply argue with you here, but...

how can something that an "omni-everything" god (as scotty calls him) intend not come to fruition?

did god know it was going to happen? if so, why would he deliberately set into motion things he did not intend?

JJ

Moves
03 Apr 07

i don't wish to simply argue with you here, but...

how can something that an "omni-everything" god (as scotty calls him) intend not come to fruition?

did god know it was going to happen? if so, why would he deliberately set into motion things he did not intend?
I dont want to argue with you also.... once again i say....who are we to question God? maybe he tested us and we failed...who knows !!!

BM

RDU NC

Moves
03 Apr 07

I dont want to argue with you also.... once again i say....who are we to question God? maybe he tested us and we failed...who knows !!!
i'm not encouraging you to question god.
i am encouraging you to question some of your premises; in particular those that are not derived from the bible, but simply from your feelings about the world and ascribing those to god.

JJ

Moves
03 Apr 07

i'm not encouraging you to question god.
i am encouraging you to question some of your premises; in particular those that are not derived from the bible, but simply from your feelings about the world and ascribing those to god.
My feelings are about HIS world... i believe the Bible and i believe my feelings...