1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    27 Apr '08 20:23
    Originally posted by dizzyfingers
    You say that the cases they are putting forward are weak at best, and that you are waiting to see demonstrable cases where people have had their careers ruined for illegitimate reasons.
    I'll call your bluff - I don't believe you even know about the cases that are presented. Tell me about them ...
    Richard Sternberg - claimed he lost his job and was "terrorized" after allowing an article to be published in a journal he was editing (on a volunteer basis mind you).

- He apparently bypassed the regular process and chose to have himself be the sole editor deciding whether the article in question would be published.

- He didn't even lose his job as the editor - he had announced his resignation 6 months prior to this publication. He is apparently complaining about losing a job that he quit prior to the event he claims he was descriminated against for.

Guillermo Gonzalez

- They claim he didn't get tenure because of his believe in ID.

The problem is that there is quite a bit more cause in his case. In the 7 years that he was at Iowa state, his productivity took a hit.

http://scienceblogs.com/neurotopia/2007/12/a_handy_graphictimeline_of_gon.php

Tenure is given for a large part on what the department thinks will be their productivity (i.e. publishing in journals, etc..) after getting tenure and it's a BIG decision. His productivity in publishing dropped significantly during the years he was at Iowa State.

This is more than enough rational, reasonable cause to deny someone tenure without any consideration of their beliefs in ID.

I'll leave the rest of the research to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree