1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 03:271 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You don't see that in many Universities now days, they cannot handle views that are not what they promote.
    It can be a tricky business for academics in the U.S. to make remarks or write in a way that's critical of Israel. There have been many who've been bullied, silenced, or who have lost their tenure. It would be refreshing to see points of view from all parts of the political spectrum not only tolerated but actively encouraged on campuses and in academia. It would lend more weight to the U.S.'s sometimes lip-serving advocacy for freedom of speech and the championing of a genuine market place of ideas.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 04:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    I concur.

Christians must do better than they do on secular college campuses where they protest views opposite to their own by yelling obscenities and not allowing them to speak.

And they have! 😵
    The thing is they did do a better job of tolerance, but the sad thing is the bar is very low for
    that.,
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 05:08
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The thing is they did do a better job of tolerance...
    Do you believe that evangelical Christians conservatives "do a better job of tolerance" than other groups? Which groups, according to you, "do a better job of tolerance" than evangelical Christians conservatives?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 02:251 edit
    Ever ask an "innocent" child where the cookie in the cookie jar went?

They will lie their arse off with chocalate chip smeared all over their face.

I know, cause it was me. 😛
    You seem to like the fact that we have an economic system that actively rewards immoral behavior, but you expect that people should just ignore all that and behave morally anyway. An impossible expectation. If you really think that people should behave morally, then you ought to support an economic system with far fewer built-in incentives for immoral behavior. It may be that no one will ever be completely "innocent", but their crimes will be fewer and of lesser impact.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 17:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that evangelical Christians conservatives "do a better job of tolerance" than other groups? Which groups, according to you, "do a better job of tolerance" than evangelical Christians conservatives?
    I do not consider tolerance as something evangelical Christians conservatives should be striving toward. One should not try to make the truth of Christianity something to be tolerated. All others must conform to the truth of Christianity. 😏
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '15 08:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    My point is that ZERO leeway is given for liberal evangelicals. And I'm also saying that conservatism and religion, Christianity specifically, should be at odds, not bedfellows. Only in this day and age, after Reagan, can people look at conservatism and with a straight face say that it is an appropriate political model for those of faith. Nary a day passes that I am not disgusted by this.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." -- Matthew 6:24
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '15 08:34
    The church that Barak Obama came from has its roots in Black Liberation Theology, which is left winged Christianity.

In a nut shell, they want the state to take away economic freedom from people so that they don't have the option of being greedy.

After all, human free will allows for sinful nature, so I guess if you take away their freedoms you reduce ...[text shortened]... ven Karl Marx would be considered a saint in their church even though he was an adamant atheist.
    You never miss an opportunity to discredit liberals, even if you have to make one up.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '15 16:341 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree