Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

  1. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    01 Nov '17 09:17
    A very gentlemanly explanation of his personal atheism.
    YouTube
    first 3 minutes

    the interviewers condescension for the common man is interesting!
  2. 01 Nov '17 13:09
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A very gentlemanly explanation of his personal atheism.
    [youtube]ZTJtVCfFvIk[/youtube]
    first 3 minutes

    the interviewers condescension for the common man is interesting!
    Embrace nihilism and discard meaning in the face of irrefutable evidence of truth. Russel had turned Truth into an illusion by accepting the irrational dogma of contradiction without a meaningful alternative....All an atheist has in his arsenal is deny deny deny.

    Atheism is an irrational philosophy of life and leads to a dead end.
  3. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    01 Nov '17 13:51
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Embrace nihilism and discard meaning in the face of irrefutable evidence of truth. Russel had turned Truth into an illusion by accepting the irrational dogma of contradiction without a meaningful alternative....All an atheist has in his arsenal is deny deny deny.

    Atheism is an irrational philosophy of life and leads to a dead end.
    Keep telling yourself that.
  4. 01 Nov '17 14:00
    Originally posted by @josephw
    Embrace nihilism and discard meaning in the face of irrefutable evidence of truth. Russel had turned Truth into an illusion by accepting the irrational dogma of contradiction without a meaningful alternative....All an atheist has in his arsenal is deny deny deny.

    Atheism is an irrational philosophy of life and leads to a dead end.
    Any specific points made in this video that you disagree with?
  5. Standard member sonhouseonline
    Fast and Curious
    01 Nov '17 15:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A very gentlemanly explanation of his personal atheism.
    [youtube]ZTJtVCfFvIk[/youtube]
    first 3 minutes

    the interviewers condescension for the common man is interesting!
    One thing about that vid is the stupid irritating background music which adds nothing to the discussion except make it harder to process what those great men are saying.

    The opening words tells their POV without even watching the thing: EPIC BRILLIANCE, EPIC IGNORANCE.

    Oh yes, Bertie is smart but just plain ignorant of the absolute truth of our lord Jesus.
  6. 01 Nov '17 15:15
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    One thing about that vid is the stupid irritating background music which adds nothing to the discussion except make it harder to process what those great men are saying.

    The opening words tells their POV without even watching the thing: EPIC BRILLIANCE, EPIC IGNORANCE.

    Oh yes, Bertie is smart but just plain ignorant of the absolute truth of our lord Jesus.
    Not once did the music bother me :/
  7. Subscriber apathist
    looking for loot
    01 Nov '17 16:53
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Not once did the music bother me :/
    And not once have I nor any atheist ever ignored Jesus.
  8. Standard member sonhouseonline
    Fast and Curious
    01 Nov '17 17:18
    Originally posted by @apathist
    And not once have I nor any atheist ever ignored Jesus.
    Just the bullshyte tales spewed by Paul later.
  9. Standard member sonhouseonline
    Fast and Curious
    01 Nov '17 17:20 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Not once did the music bother me :/
    I have a bit of Misphonia. I go to a restaurant playing loud music, it drives me batty, I have no defence, it hits me like a dentist doing root canal surgery. No way to filter the crap out.
    That video would have been more effective without the stupid music in the background that reaches into the foreground. AND without EPIC BRILLIANCE< etc.
  10. 01 Nov '17 17:25
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    A very gentlemanly explanation of his personal atheism.
    [youtube]ZTJtVCfFvIk[/youtube]
    first 3 minutes

    the interviewers condescension for the common man is interesting!
    People only come to Christ if they feel the need.

    Obviously this chap Bartrand Russell has life all figured out and has no need of him.
  11. 01 Nov '17 17:41
    Originally posted by @whodey
    People only come to Christ if they feel the need.

    Obviously this chap Bartrand Russell has life all figured out and has no need of him.
    Is it a choice to "feel the need"?

    Do we have free will when it comes to "feeling this need"?
  12. 01 Nov '17 20:38
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Is it a choice to "feel the need"?

    Do we have free will when it comes to "feeling this need"?
    I reckon those that don't feel the need for Christ are the truly free ones.

    They do as they please, when they please, and have no need of anyone or anything else.
  13. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    01 Nov '17 20:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I reckon those that don't feel the need for Christ are the truly free ones.

    They do as they please, when they please, and have no need of anyone or anything else.
    Oh you think that if a person doesn't feel a need for Christ they are amoral, selfish and solely self-serving?
  14. 01 Nov '17 21:18
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I reckon those that don't feel the need for Christ are the truly free ones.

    They do as they please, when they please, and have no need of anyone or anything else.
    That's not an answer to my question, Whodey. Please answer my question - and for once try to be sincere.
  15. 01 Nov '17 21:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I reckon those that don't feel the need for Christ are the truly free ones.

    They do as they please, when they please, and have no need of anyone or anything else.
    I don't feel the need for Christ.

    Are you seriously saying you think I do "as I please", "when I please" and "have no need for anyone or anything else"??

    Are you out of your mind? Do you really believe that that adequately describes the average atheist (or at least non-Jesus needing person) on this website??