1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 18:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Your closed ended negatory reply effectively precluded further travel on the googlefudge exit of the Conversational Interstate. Let's try again. As a curious child bent on learning and discovery, did you ever have a fleeting speculation or daydream or musing that there might be a big and strong giant who was bigger and stronger than any male member of y ...[text shortened]... ou assume the male members of your family were the biggest and strongest beings in the universe?
    When I was a child I did sometimes ask "god" for help, for instance if I wanted a new piece of toy I would ask "god" if I could please have it and then I'd be good.

I really didn't think of this being as "god", just a kind of higher, overlooking being (that did consider if I had done relatively good).
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 20:262 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    When I was a child I did sometimes ask "god" for help, for instance if I wanted a new piece of toy I would ask "god" if I could please have it and then I'd be good.

I really didn't think of this being as "god", just a kind of higher, overlooking being (that did consider if I had done relatively good).
    "When I was a child I did sometimes ask "god" for help, for instance if I wanted a new piece of toy I would ask "god" if I could please have it and then I'd be good.

I really didn't think of this being as "god", just a kind of higher, overlooking being (that did consider if I had done relatively good)."

Your recognition is similar to the one I experienced as a young boy in Massachusetts with its distinct Four Seasons (and long winters). One summer night the moon seemed bigger and brighter than it had ever been before. I gazed and gazed while lying on my back in grass. Finally child Bobby audibly whispered, "If there's a God up there, I want to you". Much later I learned that God-consciousness is what had happened: A point at which a person becomes aware of the existence of a Supreme Being and becomes accountable for his or her choices for or against God. Here's an insight from Romans:

Unbelief and Its Consequences Romans 1:18-23 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures [idols]."
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 20:56
    Your closed ended negatory reply effectively precluded further travel on the googlefudge exit of the Conversational Interstate. Let's try again. As a curious child bent on learning and discovery, did you ever have a fleeting speculation or daydream or musing that there might be a big and strong giant who was bigger and stronger than any male member of y ...[text shortened]... ou assume the male members of your family were the biggest and strongest beings in the universe?
    Your question is bizarre.

The answer to both is no.
    I neither imagined up giants stronger than any member of my family nor assumed
    that my parents were the strongest beings in the universe.

I really do not see where the hell you are trying to go with this.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 21:27
    Originally posted by googlefudge

You've never had an awareness of someone bigger and stronger than any human being or God-consciousness "A point at which a person becomes aware of the existence of a Supreme Being and becomes accountable for his or her choices"?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 21:41
    [b]"When I was a child I did sometimes ask "god" for help, for instance if I wanted a new piece of toy I would ask "god" if I could please have it and then I'd be good.

I really didn't think of this being as "god", just a kind of higher, overlooking being (that did consider if I had done relatively good)."[ ...[text shortened]... he form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures [idols]."
    I should say though, that when I was a wee boy of ~8 I had to walk the dog one summer day and as I was walking a giant, 3 meter* wide bumblebee landed on my T-shirt covered belly and slowly started to walk towards my face. I stood motionless and began to cry and looked at the dog and asked him - pleaded him almost - to take that beast away from me. Naturally, the dog had no idea what I was talking about and went about his business. Finally, the bumblebee flew away.

Point is, in my panic and fear I was absolutely certain that the dog could do something about it and for the life of me I could not understand why he would not help me. The moment the bumblebee flew away that irrational feeling I had disappeared.

* it may have been a tad smaller, but this is how the memory settled in my child's brain.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 21:421 edit
    [b]Your question is bizarre.

You've never had an awareness of someo ...[text shortened]... comes aware of the existence of a Supreme Being and becomes accountable for his or her choices"?[/b]
    No. Never.

EDIT: for clarification I have never ever had any feeling even vaguely like the one you are describing.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 21:56
    I should say though, that when I was a wee boy of ~8 I had to walk the dog one summer day and as I was walking a giant, 3 meter* wide bumblebee landed on my T-shirt covered belly and slowly started to walk towards my face. I stood motionless and began to cry and looked at the dog and asked him - pleaded him almost - to take that beast away from me. N ...[text shortened]... ed.

* it may have been a tad smaller, but this is how the memory settled in my child's brain.
    Quite an interesting account. Do you recall what the "wee boy of ~8" thought made the bumblebee fly away?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:00
    The wee boy couldn't care less about the bumblebee's reasons. The grown up boy supposes the smell of flowers or the smell of Ms. Bumblebee made Mr. Bumblebee take a hike.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:032 edits
    No. Never.

EDIT: for clarification I have never ever had any feeling even vaguely like the one you are describing.
    No. Never.

Unbelief and Its Consequences Romans 1:18-23 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures [idols]."

You're defiantly saying that you as a child never once wondered who was responsible for the creation of the world?

If so, are you claiming to have been an affirmed atheist with a logical rationale since childhood?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:05
    The wee boy couldn't care less about the bumblebee's reasons. The grown up boy supposes the smell of flowers or the smell of Ms. Bumblebee made Mr. Bumblebee take a hike.
    Please restate question 2. Thanks for your honesty and candor; it's refreshing.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:14
    Please restate question 2. Thanks for your honesty and candor; it's refreshing.
    Actually, I hadn't responded to your action of copying a dictionary entry yet, so I'll do that before question 2.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to see what question 2 was, you can find it on the previous page. If you respond to that, please include the question in the reply. You can do that by copying my question and put it between [quote] and [/quote*] (minus the *).

Good luck!
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:161 edit
    [b]No. Never.

Unbelief and Its Consequences Romans 1:18-23 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteo ...[text shortened]... so, are you claiming to have been an affirmed atheist with a logical rationale since childhood?[/b]
    The world wasn't created.

No I never wondered who made the world as a child.

I have never ever in my life at all in any way shape or form whatsoever had "an awareness of
    someone bigger and stronger than any human being or God-consciousness "A point at which a
    person becomes aware of the existence of a Supreme Being and becomes accountable for his or
    her choices"?

How many times do I have to say this before you believe me?

EDIT: And yes I have been an atheist since birth.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:261 edit
    The world wasn't created.

No I never wondered who made the world as a child.

I have never ever in my life at all in any way shape or form whatsoever had [i]"an awareness of
    someone bigger and stronger than any human being or God-consciousness "A point at which a
    person becomes aware of the existence of a Supreme Being and becomes accountable ...[text shortened]... I have to say this before you believe me?

EDIT: And yes I have been an atheist since birth.
    Okay, googlefudge; I understand your position as an affirmed atheist with a logical rational since "birth" and respect your forthrightness in making the declaration. A final question, if I may: Why would an RHP Member who hasn't made a chess move in "143 days 2 hours and 57 minutes" devote his daily time and energy to posting on an online spirituality forum?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:27
    Actually, I hadn't responded to your action of copying a dictionary entry yet, so I'll do that before question 2.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to see what question 2 was, you can find it on the previous page. If you respond to that, please include the question in the reply. You can do that by copying my question and put it between [quote] and [/quote*] (minus the *).

Good luck!
    Will do, GKR. -GB
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 22:33
    Okay, googlefudge; I understand your position as an affirmed atheist with a logical rational since "birth" and respect your forthrightness in making the declaration. A final question, if I may: Why would an RHP Member who hasn't made a chess move in "143 days 2 hours and 57 minutes" devote his daily time and energy to posting on an online spirituality forum?
    See I have absolutely no belief whatsoever that you do understand my position at all.

And I'm confident you will soon prove me right by making another post in which you
    superimpose your strawman view of how I think onto me.

Perhaps if you spent less time trying to convert us and more time trying to understand
    us you would have better luck communicating with us.

Also... What possible relevance does the time since I last made a chess move have on
    whether or not I spend time posting on a forum of any kind?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree