1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 17:50
    Does this site contain a reasonably good presentation of "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" which contains the commentary by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada?

http://www.asitis.com/

Chapter 16 and following appear to touch on issues that may have given excuse or reason for the Russian lawsuit we have been discussing, to the extent they touch on the structure of society and the worthiness of different kinds of faith. For example, the commentator goes to some length to describe the relationship (or absence thereof) of the sannyasi, "who is on the top of the institution" to women. Pardon my imprecision.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 06:23
    Originally posted by JS357
    Does this site contain a reasonably good presentation of "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" which contains the commentary by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada?

http://www.asitis.com/

Chapter 16 and following appear to touch on issues that may have given excuse or reason for the Russian lawsuit we have been discussing, to the extent they touch on the structure of ...[text shortened]... of) of the sannyasi, "who is on the top of the institution" to women. Pardon my imprecision.
    I reckon that "truth" as is contained in alternative sources to the "holy bible"(like the Gita), is an easy target in countries such as russia, where christianity is the predominant religion.
    The "holy bible" has been so corrupted and put out of all context that it suits the "powers that be" to maintain the status quo and keep the masses subdued with it's misinformation/disinformation. So it suits the governments just fine.

The truth is ultimately very simple, but seemingly very hard to practice.

My take on making any "advances" with spirituality is that we must get rid of dualities (such as hard and easy). The buddha told us to take the "middle path".
    Timeless words that cut through time and all sorts os other crap that hinder the genuine spirituality seeker.

So I say it is not hard nor easy but "tricky" . It is a trick.

I did not look up your site, as I have no credit for it at the moment, but I hope some others look it up and give their opinions on this rather interesting topic.

The powers that be, governments and and oil barrons that run the world are just fine with keeping people confused while they rake in the cash.

Capitalism will fall-as did Rome. There is a better way but unfortunately psychology is still in it's infancy AMONGST THE GENRAL POPULACE and psychology is the key to unlocking the doors of wisdom to the human "soul" and unleash the potential of the human race.

I for one am sick of christians on this site arguing, accusing each other of being the tool of the devil,etc.
    Sometimes "Love" can be boring. Patience is a virtue, and all that, but boredom is so much better than the what a lot of other millions of people have . Little kids walking 20 miles to get water everyday-things like that.

We need to unite , we need to make 2012 the year of unity. The only ones that will suffer are the ones at the top. The 1%. I say "Lets get 'em" . Not through violence but through "starvation". Let's starve them of their riches. Let the economy fall. Who cares? Lets unleash this potential once and for all and "Eat the rich" 😀

Happy new year
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 13:483 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I reckon that "truth" as is contained in alternative sources to the "holy bible"(like the Gita), is an easy target in countries such as russia, where christianity is the predominant religion.
    The "holy bible" has been so corrupted and put out of all context that it suits the "powers that be" to maintain the status quo and keep the masses subdued with potential once and for all and "Eat the rich" 😀

Happy new year
    The "holy bible" has been so corrupted and put out of all context that it suits the "powers that be" to maintain the status quo and keep the masses subdued with it's misinformation/disinformation. So it suits the governments just fine.

Could you give me your strongest example of such textural curruption ?

I expect that you could demonstrate the "uncorrupted" text and its supposed date. Then you could show the latter corrupted text with its supposed date. I expect that the earlier version will be "in context" and the latter corrupted copy to be out of all context.

I also expect that your example will suit that government of that date's need maintain an oppressive status quo.

Remember, your strongest example is what I would like you to present.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 14:16
    Originally posted by jaywill

I expect that you could ...[text shortened]... quo.

Remember, your [b]strongest
    example is what I would like you to present.[/b]
    No need to pay him any attention. He is blowing smoke out his ass. 😏
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 14:181 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No need to pay him any attention. He is blowing smoke out his ass. 😏
    If you're trying to help, just don't always write the first thing that comes to your mind. Please.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 15:29
    If you're trying to help, just don't always write the first thing that comes to your mind. Please.
    Sorry. I guess I am a bit too direct at times. A hard habit to break.
    Maybe, I spent too much time in the military.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 16:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Sorry. I guess I am a bit too direct at times. A hard habit to break.
    Maybe, I spent too much time in the military.
    We all make mistakes. I do. When I say "I'm sorry" sometimes that helps me not to repeat the same thing. Of course there are those critics who don't care.

But it is important to the Christian to have a clear conscience.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 16:361 edit
    But it is important to the Christian to have a clear conscience.
    Really? I think having "a clear conscience" is an ideal but a tall order,jaywill for any of us. Why not settle for Christians exhibiting a bit of Christian-like common decency? Many of the non-Christians and atheists here are able to do it. Very hard to make wise pronouncements, though, isn't it, with the lead weight of forbearing partisan loyalty pulling you under?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 17:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Really? I think having "a clear conscience" is an ideal but a tall order,jaywill for any of us. Why not settle for Christians exhibiting a bit of Christian-like common decency? Many of the non-Christians and atheists here are able to do it. Very hard to make wise pronouncements, though, isn't it, with the lead weight of forbearing partisan loyalty pulling you under?
    I have to respond in detail latter, as I don't have time right now.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 17:45
    The "holy bible" has been so corrupted and put out of all context that it suits the "powers that be" to maintain the status quo and keep the masses subdued with ...[text shortened]... potential once and for all and "Eat the rich" 😀

Happy new year
    I did not look up your site, as I have no credit for it at the moment, but I hope some others look it up and give their opinions on this rather interesting topic.

Based on how this thread has gone, the subject matter of my post is not an interesting topic.

Except to the extent that the usual suspects find a way to pot-shot one another on Christianity over it. What a stretch!

Happy New Year.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '11 21:065 edits
    Originally posted by FMF

Really? I think having "a clear conscience" is an ideal but a tall order,jaywill for any of us.

Having a clear conscience before God and man as Paul said he exercised to have, does not mean one is completely without fault. It means one is not aware of any fault. He has kept a "short account".

In natural life consciousness encreases as age matures. In spiritual growth the same thing. I may have ten offenses which I commited in the last hour. Tonight as I lie in bed the Holy Spirit may bring four or five to my mind for confession. The others may wait until some amount of growth has made my Christian conscience more sensative.

Now, I don't know exactly what kind of point you are making. I detect a slight note of sarcasm. If this response seems not related to your comment then you are going to have to spell out more clearly what you're driving at.

Why not settle for Christians exhibiting a bit of Christian-like common decency

I am all for it. Did I give you the impression that I was opposed to some common decency ?

Many of the non-Christians and atheists here are able to do it.

Common decency ? Of course some atheists are able to do that.

Did I say atheists were not able to show common decency sometimes ?

If the jist of your comment is something like "Sometimes atheists act with more common decency then a Christian should or does, on forums like this"
    my reply would be "Yea, at times that is true. Which of course should be s wake up call to Christians".

Very hard to make wise pronouncements, though, isn't it, with the lead weight of forbearing partisan loyalty pulling you under?

I am not sure what this means.

If you mean that "partisan loyalty" will cause me to say something against the truth, no I do not feel "pulled under". Nor do I feel I have stated something hypocritical to my faith. We brothers in Christ learn to take fellowship from one another in a good spirit.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 04:01

I expect that you could ...[text shortened]... quo.

Remember, your [b]strongest
    example is what I would like you to present.[/b]
    I was more thinking corrupted churches and "weekend christians" and such that kinda corrupt the whole idea of being "holy", which I take to mean that one must do it all the time.

I'm really not confident enough to refer to scripture, but if it had've been perfect then I guess in 2000 years or so the truth of it would have flooded the world by now and we would all be christians, rather than the sorry state we find the world in.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '12 05:341 edit
    I was more thinking corrupted churches and "weekend christians" and such that kinda corrupt the whole idea of being "holy", which I take to mean that one must do it all the time.

I'm really not confident enough to refer to scripture, but if it had've been perfect then I guess in 2000 years or so the truth of it would have flooded the world by now and we would all be christians, rather than the sorry state we find the world in.
    You can not honestly blame the Holy Bible for you and the the rest of
    the people of the world not being Christian. The fault should be be put
    on me and other sinners who have not done a good job of spreading
    the word of truth once we came to know it. Of course, we do have a
    lot of opposition from Satan and those that are still deceived by his
    lies, so it does not make the job very easy, especially when we are
    constantly being accused of stupidiy and all maner of evil motives for
    our efforts.

P.S. It is now New Years, so I wish you a happy New Year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree