Moves
    03 Sep '11 17:59
    Vedic Knowledge.

na jayate mriyate va kadacin
    nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah
    ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano
    na hanyate hanyamane sarire

SYNONYMS
    na--never; jayate--takes birth; mriyate--never dies; va--either; kadacit--at any time (past, present or future); na--never; ayam--this; bhutva--came into being; bhavita--will come to be; va--or; na--not; bhuyah--or has coming to be; ajah--unborn; nityah--eternal; sasvatah--permanent; ayam--this; puranah--the oldest; na--never; hanyate--is killed; hanyamane--being killed; sarire--by the body.

TRANSLATION
    For the soul there is never birth nor death. Nor, having once been, does he ever cease to be. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, undying and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.

PURPORT
    Qualitatively, the small atomic fragmental part of the Supreme Spirit is one with the Supreme. He undergoes no changes like the body. Sometimes the soul is called the steady, or kutastha. The body is subject to six kinds of transformations. It takes its birth in the womb of the mother's body, remains for some time, grows, produces some effects, gradually dwindles, and at last vanishes into oblivion. The soul, however, does not go through such changes. The soul is not born, but, because he takes on a material body, the body takes its birth. The soul does not take birth there, and the soul does not die. Anything which has birth also has death. And because the soul has no birth, he therefore has no past, present or future. He is eternal, ever-existing, and primeval--that is, there is no trace in history of his coming into being. Under the impression of the body, we seek the history of birth, etc., of the soul. The soul does not at any time become old, as the body does. The so-called old man, therefore, feels himself to be in the same spirit as in his childhood or youth.

The changes of the body do not affect the soul. The soul does not deteriorate like a tree, nor anything material. The soul has no by-product either. The by-products of the body, namely children, are also different individual souls; and, owing to the body, they appear as children of a particular man. The body develops because of the soul's presence, but the soul has neither offshoots nor change. Therefore, the soul is free from the six changes of the body.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 00:43
    do you have any personal (or other) practical examples of the point you'r trying to make here?
    cya 🙂
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 02:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    do you have any personal (or other) practical examples of the point you'r trying to make here?
    cya 🙂
    The Vedic authority is making the point.

I am just presenting.

This is how we all learn everything and anything......by reading and hearing.

This is the spirituality forum.

I am presenting true spirituality and exposing false region and science.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 07:301 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa

I am just presenting.

The Vedanta has no authority in my life and never will have.

I don't read your posts past the first few words, if at all.

We do not learn just by hearing (or reading) we need to be willing to be taught and hungry for truth.

As far as I can tell you have had no positive impact in this forum whatsoever. I even started a game with you last week to try to get to know you, but I had to resign it due to you dumping your beliefs at me the way you do here.

You are a very confused, misguided and unwise person.
  5. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 09:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The Vedanta has no authority in my life and never will have.

I don't read your posts past the first few words, if at all.

We do not learn just by hearing (or reading) we need to be willing to be taught and hungry for truth.

As far as I can tell you have had no positive impact in this forum whatsoever. I even started a game with you last week ...[text shortened]... our beliefs at me the way you do here.

You are a very confused, misguided and unwise person.
    Thank you for your post.

Your words are wise. i have a lot of time for your posts even if l do not agree with some of them.

This clown however needs to be stopped from his troll like retarded ways.

Inane ramblings of a deluded trollidiot can only be allowed to go on for so long.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 14:22

I am just presenting.

No, here you are giving out a tiny shred of truth.

I also believe the soul is eternal. It exists before birth and exists after death. It is the only measure of who a person is. As Yoda said, "Luminous beings are we! Not this crude matter." The body is merely a vehicle for the soul. This is the tiny shred of truth you present. I hope it didn't hurt you too much to make this concession.

Everything else you say about the soul, however, is bogus. It is not reincarnated into body after body after body. This is ridiculous. Man does not get, nor does he need, numerous endless chances at salvation.

The soul was created by God, and it can be destroyed by God. This makes your other statement that the soul cannot be destroyed equally bogus. At the final judgement, those souls deemed not worthy to abide in God's presence (those with unredeemed sin, for instance) WILL be sent to the final death.

This is your evil. That you combine tiny shreds of truth with soul-killing blasphemies.

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." -- Romans 16:17-18, KJV
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, here you are giving out a tiny shred of truth.

I also believe the soul is eternal. It exists before birth and exists after death. It is the only measure of who a person is. As Yoda said, "Luminous beings are we! Not this crude matter." The body is merely a vehicle for the soul. This is the tiny shred of truth you present. I hope it didn't hurt ...[text shortened]... by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." -- Romans 16:17-18, KJV
    Almost everything about the Christian doctrine is about fear.

Christianity rejects reincarnation because to accept it would remove the fear associated with only having one life.

People falsely believing they have one life are in constant fear whether they will become acceptable in the eyes of God before they die.

The church is aware of this and this is how they use emotional fear to control.

The Bible has been compiled by animal killing poets , academics, politicians and pseudo clergy and these persons are devoid of spiritual understanding.

So sinful are the Bible compilers that the modern day compilers have changed the Bible from "thou shalt not kill" to "thou shalt not murder". ...... this is nonsense.

However the soul is eternal and can never be destroyed and each person will definitely take birth again and again until they develop true love for God ( confirmed by the authority of the Veda)

This is knowledge..
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:15
    Vedic authority is eternally the authority always was and always will be.

And the rants and raves of dishonest persons amount to nothing because these are the same persons who present conscious life comes from a dead stone and dead bodies will jump from the grave..

When persons teach this they have lost all credibility as honest persons and have nothing to present.

However they may learn simply by hearing from true authority.

True authority will never cheat or deceive the person.

Cheating and deception is left to the devices of false science and false religion.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:22
    However they may learn simply by hearing from true authority.
    Surely a community like this one at RHP is about dialogue rather than lecturing? Why don't you just provide some links to internet resources for those who, as you say, "may learn simply by hearing from true authority". A forum like this is for interaction and engagement. Why don't you channel your energies into entering into dialogue and demonstrating how your belief system has turned you into a kind, tolerant and contented person?
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely a community like this one at RHP is about dialogue rather than lecturing? Why don't you just provide some links to internet resources for those who, as you say, "may learn simply by hearing from true authority". A forum like this is for interaction and engagement. Why don't you channel your energies into entering into dialogue and demonstrating how your belief system has turned you into a kind, tolerant and contented person?
    The greatest kindness is to present the truth and expose the false.

We have all heard the saying (the truth hurts)

The whole world is suffering because of ignorance........you know this.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 16:54
    The greatest kindness is to present the truth and expose the false.
    What you see as "the greatest kindness", in the context of a forum whose very virtue is its diversity, is profoundly anti-social. Do you think you are an effective advocate of your belief system? Do you have any 'real world' friends who drop in and take a look at how you relate to people here, and who tell you you're doing a good job?
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 18:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    What you see as "the greatest kindness", in the context of a forum whose very virtue is its diversity, is profoundly anti-social. Do you think you are an effective advocate of your belief system? Do you have any 'real world' friends who drop in and take a look at how you relate to people here, and who tell you you're doing a good job?
    A diversity of cheating and dishonesty.

I am not interested in discussing falsity.

If someone presents life comes from a dead stone....then I call them foolish.

If they then defend life comes from a dead stone I call them dishonest.

Am I right to do so?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 21:40

Am I right to do so?
    Do you have any friends out there in the 'real world' who drop in at RHP and take a look at how you relate to people in this community, and who tell you you're doing a good job?
  14. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 22:43

Am I right to do so?
    You are sick demented fool.

Take your perverted nonsense somewhere where it is more wanted like say Antartica, or the middle of the desert.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out...loser.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 23:04

Am I right to do so?
    I have already communicated with the Brisbane temple, they are going to tell me who you are so we can inform your friends what BS you are displaying here on this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree