1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 01:54
    Is there any Biblical support for the idea of Free Will?

If you have scripture that says we have free will, post it here.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 02:29
    Originally posted by @eladar

You need to get right with God and stop worshipping printed text.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 03:14
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Get right with your God? You mean the God of abortions and sexual immorality.

No thanks.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 04:14
    Get right with your God? You mean the God of abortions and sexual immorality.

No thanks.
    No, I mean stop worshipping the words, which clearly don't mean what you think they mean, and start worshipping the Living God instead.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 04:18
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Right!

Skip the bible and start thinking by oneself. That's the way to reach nirvana.

Right?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 07:421 edit

2Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Deut 30:19
    19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

Your problem Eladar is not your miserable warped grotesque pseudo-Christian ideology, it is that you don't know your God from the Bible.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 08:02

Genesis 2:16-17
    And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Romans 10:9-10
    If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 13:2
    Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

John 7:17
    Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Revelation 3:20
    Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Mark 8:34
    Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Isaiah 55:6-7
    Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. 7 Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 11:06
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    [i]2Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Deut 30:19
    19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, s ...[text shortened]... e warped grotesque pseudo-Christian ideology, it is that you don't know your God from the Bible.
    Everyome he is writing to is not required to be everyone who ever existed. Same as the quote from Dueteronomy.

But congrats on actually using quotes from the Bible.

If Jesus wanted literally all people in the world to repent, as many as possible, he would not have taught in parables giving direct knowledge only to a few.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 11:15
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Genesis 2:16-17
    And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Romans 10:9-10
    If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you ...[text shortened]... hem turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
    If man did not eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, would man have free will to do evil?

How does Romans 10 have to do with free will? Yeah none of your other quotes have to do with free will either. God could still be the one deciding if people choose.

Face it, there is nothing that says God isn't pulling the stringd from behind the curtains. If everything works out as he plans there must be some string pulling involved.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 12:40
    If man did not eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, would man have free will to do evil?

How does Romans 10 have to do with free will? Yeah none of your other quotes have to do with free will either. God could still be the one deciding if people choose.

Face it, there is nothing that says God isn't pulling the stringd from behind the curtains. If everything works out as he plans there must be some string pulling involved.
    So each time you choose to sin it's because God is pulling strings in the background? 🙄
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 13:48
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Right!

Skip the bible and start thinking by oneself. That's the way to reach nirvana.

Right?
    Ummm, no.

But I'm saying it is worth remembering that the NT is almost 2000 years old, while the OT is about 3500 years old.

And more than anything, only worshipping the Living God leads to life. Giving your own meaning to words on a page and holding the words of more import than the will of God does not.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 13:51
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Your problem Eladar is not your miserable warped grotesque pseudo-Christian ideology, it is that you don't know your God from the Bible.
    Well-said, indeed.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 16:06
    Everyome he is writing to is not required to be everyone who ever existed. Same as the quote from Dueteronomy.

But congrats on actually using quotes from the Bible.

If Jesus wanted literally all people in the world to repent, as many as possible, he would not have taught in parables giving direct knowledge only to a few.
    Sure; one minute you quote the bible when it suits you, the next it's all open to interpretation.

Frankly Eladar your a twisted pseudo-Christian who is full of nasty vindictiveness and who doesn't know their bible or their god anywhere near well enough to facilitate rigorous debate in here.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '17 21:10
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So each time you choose to sin it's because God is pulling strings in the background? 🙄
    No, each time you don't sin God is pulling the strings in the background. Sin is our natural state.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 01:08
    No, each time you don't sin God is pulling the strings in the background. Sin is our natural state.
    How can someone spiritually dead come to God without the help of his spirit?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree