1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 02:49
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    How can someone spiritually dead come to God without the help of his spirit?
    Some say due to free will you can choose God on your own.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 03:15
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    How can someone spiritually dead come to God without the help of his spirit?
    John 6:44
    No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

We will not come to God on our own, which is why when we feel God's call on our lives
    we answer. He will not force Himself on us, but He will also not strive with us forever. So
    God calls us, He justifies us, He gives us His Spirit, He makes us born again. It is to His
    glory any of us are saved, not our own. We are not doing God a favor, He is saving us.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 03:22
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    John 6:44
    No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

We will not come to God on our own, which is why when we feel God's call on our lives
    we answer. He will not force Himself on us, but He will also not strive with us forever. So
    God calls us, He justifies us, He gives us His Spirit, He ma ...[text shortened]... s to His
    glory any of us are saved, not our own. We are not doing God a favor, He is saving us.
    Where in the Bible does it say God will not force himself upon us?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 03:57
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Where in the Bible does it say God will not force himself upon us?
    If a scripture doesn't support your view then you really are clueless aren't you.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 06:241 edit
    No, each time you don't sin God is pulling the strings in the background. Sin is our natural state.
    So basically you are saying it's God's fault if we do sin because He is not pulling any strings in the background? 🙄
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 10:24
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    So basically you are saying it's God's fault if we do sin because He is not pulling any strings in the background? 🙄
    No, that's what you are saying.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 10:27
    No, that's what you are saying.
    Ok tell me then who is at fault when we sin without free will?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 10:31
    Ok tell me then who is at fault when we sin without free will?
    We are at fault of course.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 10:50
    We are at fault of course.
    This is how Paul put it.

One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 11:03
    God can pull the strings, but when we resist Him, we harden our hearts...God showed
    people He was alive and well in both the OT and the NT, did those that reject Him turn
    towards Him? Some did, others got far worse.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 11:04
    This is how Paul put it.

One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?
    We cannot resist His will, but His will is for us to make a choice and we are making it, daily.
    We will stand or fall according to that.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 11:12
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    We cannot resist His will, but His will is for us to make a choice and we are making it, daily.
    We will stand or fall according to that.
    That is not what Paul was saying in what I just quoted.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 12:43
    And you still haven't learned from your near-constant error.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 15:10
    No that is what you are saying, Paul throughout his writing acknowledges our ability to choose. You use the text to belittle and condemn.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 15:25
    Is there any Biblical support for the idea of Free Will?

If you have scripture that says we have free will, post it here.
    Well, some of the things that (uniquely) FW brings with it are described in the Bible: personal responsibility for (some) actions, promised divine reward and punishment, justified human-on-human R&P, etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree